Just thought I'd share a tip. Got two 64gb Playbooks a couple of weeks ago on fire sale and since then my partner and I just left the iPads to kids. PBs are jsut so well made and nothing ever crashes, Mail and Calendars sync with everything, movies, music and docs all just open, thoroughly impressed. Planning to buy another two for family, it's so good for the money at the moment 4PBs for one stinking iPad. Love it!

Anyway, we wanted to mount one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom so we can listen to the news/TV/music and after rummaging about in the shed I found a couple of unused IKEA kitchen handles. Lo and behold, the things fit beautifully. They are L shaped, screw behind a cupboard door and protrude then lip up just perfectly to fit PB thickness and width. Stainless steel, thin, gorgeous and almost unnoticeable when PBs are out. A bit of soft sticky tape on the lip of the handle protects the screen from any contact with the metal and a tiny ball of bluetack ensures PB doesn't drop if the door is closed carelessly.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    djenkins6, Nels, hpjrt and 2 others like this.
    09-25-12 06:16 AM
    Excellent solution. Are those sold as cabinet hardware at IKEA?
    Thanks for sharing it.
    09-25-12 07:58 AM
    Looks good! Did you get extra parts from Ikea? I'm usually missing handles! Haha
    09-25-12 08:00 AM
    OP good job!! Like the way you think outside the box.
    09-25-12 08:01 AM
    Just don't expose it to too much moisture in the bathroom environment. I hate meandering around Ikea - even with their shortcuts you need a gps!
    sputneek and esk369 like this.
    09-25-12 08:51 AM
    some 1/2 aluminum c channel should work quite well. menards and other hardware stores carry it.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    09-25-12 10:44 AM
    I love this, but i'm still not gonna venture to Ikea - i'm afraid i'll never get out!
    09-25-12 11:02 AM
    Excellent solution. Are those sold as cabinet hardware at IKEA?
    Thanks for sharing it.
    Yep, they are like 2 for 3.
    Chaddface likes this.
    09-25-12 06:55 PM
    Just don't expose it to too much moisture in the bathroom environment. I hate meandering around Ikea - even with their shortcuts you need a gps!
    There's a new app idea. IKEAMap.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-26-12 04:38 AM
    There's a new app idea. IKEAMap.
    Ah, brought to you by the same guys who have brought the new iphone mapping perhaps?
    esk369 likes this.
    09-26-12 09:07 AM
    Just thought I'd share a tip. Got two 64gb Playbooks a couple of weeks ago on fire sale and since then my partner and I just left the iPads to kids. PBs are jsut so well made and nothing ever crashes, Mail and Calendars sync with everything, movies, music and docs all just open, thoroughly impressed. Planning to buy another two for family, it's so good for the money at the moment 4PBs for one stinking iPad. Love it!

Anyway, we wanted to mount one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom so we can listen to the news/TV/music and after rummaging about in the shed I found a couple of unused IKEA kitchen handles. Lo and behold, the things fit beautifully. They are L shaped, screw behind a cupboard door and protrude then lip up just perfectly to fit PB thickness and width. Stainless steel, thin, gorgeous and almost unnoticeable when PBs are out. A bit of soft sticky tape on the lip of the handle protects the screen from any contact with the metal and a tiny ball of bluetack ensures PB doesn't drop if the door is closed carelessly.
    Click to view quoted image
    ]Click to view quoted image
    [/URL]
    Very nice op I remember someone looking for exactly what you did on the forums the other day if I can find it I will point them over here.
    Can you post some more pictures it looks great I want to do a similar setup in my workshop?
    Again kudos looks great.
    09-26-12 11:17 AM
    Very nice op I remember someone looking for exactly what you did on the forums the other day if I can find it I will point them over here.
    Can you post some more pictures it looks great I want to do a similar setup in my workshop?
    Again kudos looks great.

I was thinking a piece of wood with those handles top and bottom would be pefect to mount above the work bench.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-26-12 11:44 AM
    thats fantastic! nice one OP

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    09-26-12 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD