wouldn't it be cool if app world could adapt to your fav types of apps and games you download, or show similar apps to what you've downloaded already. something that learns what you like and featires things YOU want to see, and possibly buy.... that would be cool, right?
    10-27-12 01:33 PM
    Its a good idea, but I doubt it would happen. The heuristic (learning) programing wouldn't be cost effective. Would be easier if they just gave us the ability to set favorite categories.
    10-27-12 01:45 PM
    I think developers could do it, especially with os10
    Have_a_nice_day likes this.
    10-27-12 02:34 PM
    Well, I'm still not sure that I like folks tracking my every move and being able to predict my future behavior. What I've wanted from appworld is a "wish list" or HOLD Pile where I can look at an app I might be interested in and "save" it so I can easily find it again.
    Tha.Housewife likes this.
    10-27-12 03:25 PM
    Well, I'm still not sure that I like folks tracking my every move and being able to predict my future behavior. What I've wanted from appworld is a "wish list" or HOLD Pile where I can look at an app I might be interested in and "save" it so I can easily find it again.
    That would help me a lot!
    10-27-12 03:28 PM
    Well, I'm still not sure that I like folks tracking my every move and being able to predict my future behavior.......
    Have you ever shopped / browsed ebay or Amazon, then days later receive an email showing similar items to those you were looking at? I am sure many other sites do this too.... so it would not be a stretch for App World to have something like this.
    10-27-12 03:53 PM
    Have you ever shopped / browsed ebay or Amazon, then days later receive an email showing similar items to those you were looking at? I am sure many other sites do this too.... so it would not be a stretch for App World to have something like this.
    YES! DAMN IT! Although it did allow me to object the time I put something in my cart, only to find it later had a price increase. I was pretty incensed and killed it totally. They inquired about my move and I let both barrels fly!

I really don't want my supermarket saying "You forgot your Lactaid Milk!" Call me paranoid.

Again, I read comments about apps here and check them out but am not prepared to buy - I'd like to toss them in a "come back and consider basket" - that would be helpful.
    DC506 likes this.
    10-27-12 04:30 PM
    The Google Play store recently added such a feature I believe, perhaps RIM will add it to App World for BB10, so as to compete more with Android's Play Store?
    10-27-12 04:42 PM
    YES! DAMN IT! Although it did allow me to object the time I put something in my cart, only to find it later had a price increase. I was pretty incensed and killed it totally. They inquired about my move and I let both barrels fly!

I really don't want my supermarket saying "You forgot your Lactaid Milk!" Call me paranoid.

Again, I read comments about apps here and check them out but am not prepared to buy - I'd like to toss them in a "come back and consider basket" - that would be helpful.
    I understand you perfectly, and agree, but once you toss something into your "come back and consider basket", that info is tracked and stored. I guess that's the price we pay for living in the Matrix
    10-27-12 04:50 PM
    amazon os wayyyyy over priced
    10-27-12 05:12 PM
    I understand you perfectly, and agree, but once you toss something into your "come back and consider basket", that info is tracked and stored. I guess that's the price we pay for living in the Matrix
    kinda like youtube, ya know.. u view something and similar videos pop up along the side...

ibhate hunting for apps and games. so much crapppp... the good games that I download, after I beat the game I wish I could find something similar... some game titles don't have "rpg" or "hd" etc etc in there titles... oh well. a girl can always hope hehe
    10-27-12 05:16 PM
    amazon os wayyyyy over priced
    It depends on how much you shop around. I just purchased a BlackBerry Convertible case for $19 and a HDMI by micro HDMI CABLE for $0.05 ....yes five cents!!

Anyhow, I think App World would be wise to have the feature being discussed.
    10-27-12 05:57 PM
    I was on eventful today and was given the option to select bands/artists i liked, to be notified about concerts coming up. Anyway i have eclectic tastes but after i had put in about 10, the artists it started suggesting were amazing me as it even suggested fairly unknown ones that i have been following for over 20 years. Once i was up over 20 it just about had my likes nailed.
    10-27-12 06:27 PM