Ok so i am very very close to getting a PB. (the bridge feature is very enticing) However I need a few questions answered

1) Is there a DNLA/UPnP Client where i can stream from my Plex Server. (also can i port a plex APK file to playbook (if i do i will BUY it from google play)
    2) Netflix I use netflix ALOT. Can I also Port the APK or is there another work-around
    3) wireless mirroring- is there a way i can mirror my playbook screen like my ipad on an apple Tv. also is there any AirPlay possibilities for streaming movies from Playbook?
    4)
    11-09-12 05:42 PM
    No one should have to convince you to buy a PlayBook, that just sounds like you already have your mind made up.

Plex - Kinda, it works but it's slow.
    Netflix - No
    Mirroring Wirelessly - No, you have an HDMI port.
    axllebeer, RicThot, bdguru and 1 others like this.
    11-09-12 05:53 PM
    No one should have to convince you to buy a PlayBook, that just sounds like you already have your mind made up.
    The almighty Bla1ze hath spoketh!!!!!

anyway can someone answer those 3 questions
    11-09-12 05:55 PM
    Ok so i am very very close to getting a PB. (the bridge feature is very enticing) However I need a few questions answered

1) Is there a DNLA/UPnP Client where i can stream from my Plex Server. (also can i port a plex APK file to playbook (if i do i will BUY it from google play)
    2) Netflix I use netflix ALOT. Can I also Port the APK or is there another work-around
    3) wireless mirroring- is there a way i can mirror my playbook screen like my ipad on an apple Tv. also is there any AirPlay possibilities for streaming movies from Playbook?
    4)
    1) No
    2) No
    3) No Mirroring is possible with use of HDMI cable. Also there is the BB Video Store
    4) No though not stated.
    You are able to port akps, however Netflix cannot be ported.
    11-09-12 05:56 PM

Netflix - No
    regarding plex by slow do you mean slow framerate/ bad qualit0 or just legginess in the app. (720p?)
    11-09-12 06:08 PM
    One work around for Netflix is to have an RDP app. The resolution isn't as great but hey, you can still get it. Or you can simply stream from a different site from the browser.
    11-09-12 06:15 PM

Netflix - No
    regarding plex by slow do you mean slow framerate/ bad qualit0 or just legginess in the app. (720p?)
    11-09-12 06:15 PM
    You can sort of get netflix by running it on a desktop and running splashtop or flix on your playbook.

There are other viewing options such as tablet tv, nfb, snagfilms.
    11-09-12 06:22 PM
    I am new here, and I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds, but the question is douchetastic alone. I have been a loyal BlackBerry fan for YEARS, even when everyone hopped on board the iPhone and Android turd wagons. This is simple. BlackBerry, sir, is, and always will be, in a category all of its own. Do I want a bunch of Android apps on my BlackBerry? That's like asking someone if they want ketchup on a filet mignon steak. A resounding no to anything that isn't made specifically for my PlayBook. In fact, I have such an intense love affair with my BlackBerry, my girlfriend wanted one too, and so I bought it. My sex life is damaged as a result, because I've caughg her in bed with that PlayBook, but I jump in with my PlayBook sometimes and make it a four-way party. So my advice to you is this: get a PlayBook because it isn't a mobile-only device. It's more like a PC, which is why there aren't a bevy of dinky apps for it. You pull up a website, you get the real deal, not some neutered mobile version. Stereo speakers. An interface like heaven. Games like Shadowgun that would make any other OS fanboy cry. I can't even begin to cover the functionality advantages it has over the other tablets; not enough room on this page. Get a PlayBook even when your friends make fun of you for it. RIM might not be able to advertise anything better than a homeless man on a street corner can, but this device is light years ahead of a "lightning jack". Let's put it this way; it transcends. My 9 year old son and 7 year old daughter fight over getting to use it ,and they have 3DS, PS3, and Wii at their disposal. You have to be the right person really.

P.S. - My rig consists of a Ballistic Tough Jacket case and a.BlackBerry Rapid Travel Charger. Not only do I LOVE the magnetic connection and charge speed, but in that setup, with the kickstand open, you can leave the charger connected and still have 1/4 inch of clearance. I challenge you to find anything as sweet as that from the other two tablet clowns.

T.C.
    11-09-12 06:22 PM
    The almighty Bla1ze hath spoketh!!!!!

anyway can someone answer those 3 questions
    Was that really necessary? And your questions were answered. Just because you didn't like the answers don't mean they weren't there.

Can we get we get a sticky for "Reasons to buy a PlayBook". There seems to be a lot of these on here.
    11-09-12 06:57 PM
    Was that really necessary? And your questions were answered. Just because you didn't like the answers don't mean they weren't there.

Can we get we get a sticky for "Reasons to buy a PlayBook". There seems to be a lot of these on here.
    +1
    11-09-12 07:06 PM
    I was going for humor mixed with information and appeal. The guy came on to the world's larget BlackBerry fan site and asked us to intice him to open his wallet for a PlayBook. If we did that on an Android or iPhone site, they would not have been as cordial as I.
    11-09-12 07:20 PM

He updated his post after i said the answer thing. Anyway I have found solutions to the 3 problems I have posted and will get a PB.
    11-09-12 07:26 PM
    Simple if you veiw the PlayBook or another device as a tool that supplement you then the PlayBook is right for you. If You want a device that has an app for everything including talking to God and you need to be in constant contact with the 700 friend you got on Facebook then the apple is for you.
    From reading your statement you sound like the perfect person for an apple. I think I heard they got something coming out you can stand in line for. Best Wishes.
    bdguru likes this.
    11-09-12 07:27 PM
    Simple if you veiw the PlayBook or another device as a tool that supplement you then the PlayBook is right for you. If You want a device that has an app for everything including talking to God and you need to be in constant contact with the 700 friend you got on Facebook then the apple is for you.
    From reading your statement you sound like the perfect person for an apple. I think I heard they got something coming out you can stand in line for. Best Wishes.
    I am actually moving away from apple products. I have never been one of those first line people. The playbook looks like a great product. I just wanted to check if it did a few things first. I dont blindly buy things because some commercial told me so
    11-09-12 07:46 PM
    You won't be sorry. There's a science to the name "Crackberry". Even moreso with the PlayBook and BB10 on the horizon. Boy I wish I could be there to see Google and Apple's faces the day that lands.
    mpetrol likes this.
    11-09-12 07:54 PM
    If you need convincing then the PlayBook is not for you (applies for any device out there) Cos most likely you won't be happy with it once you get it if someone else has convinced you..
    It is a smart thing you have done to first find out if the PlayBook does everything you want..
    Now if you can live with its shortcomings.. Then go buy it before they sell out If not then look for something else..
    BigwhiteUK likes this.
    11-09-12 09:29 PM
    I'm sorry for the split from this thread but I have to give props to nerdydaddyo for his previous post. It may not have been totally inline but it was amusing and an interesting read. Thanks man
    kbz1960 and mpetrol like this.
    11-09-12 09:49 PM
    You sir, nerdydaddyo, have made my night. I have been waiting for some one who had the same mindset as me. I watched all my buddies leave BB, and now they are always jumping to the newest toy that comes out. I have stayed with BB, and always will. The security alone makes it the best devices on the market. It's like walking around with a advantor safe.

I have been looking into tabs lately, and have always ended up back on the PB. Sounds like I have my mind set, and have my xmas list done, with one item.
    mpetrol likes this.
    11-09-12 10:55 PM
    Thx to those who have helped. PB should be here an a week or so.

BB user for 5 years, never left, never will.
    11-10-12 12:46 AM
    RE: Convince me to get a blackberry playbook

Invest in RIM, and you'll surely buy not only PlayBook but other BlackBerry products... regardless of what...
    11-10-12 01:05 AM
    Pffft, if you think Apple and android are turd wagons, wait til you embark on the playbook wagon... You'll learn a new definition for Frustration....
    11-10-12 07:00 AM
    After a year of experimenting with different solutions the best way I have found for streaming to the Playbook is Kalemsoft streaming software.
    The limitation is you would have to stream from a Windows PC. It works very well on a LAN and over the Internet.

I have a Windows Home Server 2011 PC set up with Kalemsoft streaming video from a NAS. I also have Splashtop remote desktop running so I could watch Netflix if I wanted to.

I could never get Plex to work reliably on devices that supported it let alone a work around on the Playbook.
    sputneek likes this.
    11-10-12 07:18 AM
    I am new here, and I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds, but the question is douchetastic alone. I have been a loyal BlackBerry fan for YEARS, even when everyone hopped on board the iPhone and Android turd wagons. This is simple. BlackBerry, sir, is, and always will be, in a category all of its own. Do I want a bunch of Android apps on my BlackBerry? That's like asking someone if they want ketchup on a filet mignon steak. A resounding no to anything that isn't made specifically for my PlayBook. In fact, I have such an intense love affair with my BlackBerry, my girlfriend wanted one too, and so I bought it. My sex life is damaged as a result, because I've caughg her in bed with that PlayBook, but I jump in with my PlayBook sometimes and make it a four-way party. So my advice to you is this: get a PlayBook because it isn't a mobile-only device. It's more like a PC, which is why there aren't a bevy of dinky apps for it. You pull up a website, you get the real deal, not some neutered mobile version. Stereo speakers. An interface like heaven. Games like Shadowgun that would make any other OS fanboy cry. I can't even begin to cover the functionality advantages it has over the other tablets; not enough room on this page. Get a PlayBook even when your friends make fun of you for it. RIM might not be able to advertise anything better than a homeless man on a street corner can, but this device is light years ahead of a "lightning jack". Let's put it this way; it transcends. My 9 year old son and 7 year old daughter fight over getting to use it ,and they have 3DS, PS3, and Wii at their disposal. You have to be the right person really.

P.S. - My rig consists of a Ballistic Tough Jacket case and a.BlackBerry Rapid Travel Charger. Not only do I LOVE the magnetic connection and charge speed, but in that setup, with the kickstand open, you can leave the charger connected and still have 1/4 inch of clearance. I challenge you to find anything as sweet as that from the other two tablet clowns.

T.C.
    Well said man, well said.
    11-10-12 08:39 PM
    Thank you. Here's an even bigger kick in the teeth for the competition. UNROOTED, I spend weekend nights rocking the emulators on my PlayBook with my kids. I have emulators for NES, Genesis, Gameboy Color, N64, and of course, the Playstation 1. Now I know it may be old tech, but having that many systems on hand at the touch of a button, on a device that can run them like the wind, man, thats's gotta burn the �sses of Apple fanboys alone! I repeat, I did NOT need to root or jailbreak my PB. All I needed was a little DDPB, Barloader 2, a PC to run it.on, and a phone capable of proxy. Took ten minuted to install, and after that, it was a drag , drop, and play on my PB festival of bliss. Need anymore reason than all the fun we Playbook owners are having over everyone else? Suck on that!
    11-10-12 09:08 PM
38 12