I love the OEM Convertible Case -- professional look, versatility, and protection -- but three little things lessen the utility of it. Others have likely come up with similar work arounds, but here are some solutions that work for me:

1. FLAP DOES NOT CLOSE WHILE TRAVELLING WITH PLAYBOOK IN CONVERTIBLE CASE

SOLUTION: Slide the stretchy OEM neoprene slip case that your Playbook came packaged in over the closed convertible case. Still looks unassuming (actually great), flap is secure, and there's extra padding, to boot.

2. CANNOT CHARGE WITH MICRO-USB WHILE CASE IS CLOSED (ports covered)

SOLUTION: Slide the aforementioned OEM slip case over the Playbook half of the Convertible Case and plug in the micro-USB to charge it. Fold the case backwards to make it smaller to lean against the wall/books or lie flat. Playbook screen stays protected in the Convertible Case while charging.

3. CANNOT USE PLAYBOOK OR VIEW VIDEO WHILE DISPLAYED IN ONE OF THE TWO OPEN DISPLAY POSITIONS IN CONVTERTIBLE CASE WHILE CONNECTED WITH MICRO-USB/HDMI CABLE

SOLUTION: While Playbook is in the Convertible Case ready to use upright in one of the two positions and the cable(s) are attached, place a common rectangular eraser underneath the folded over part of the case adjacent to the cables (more or less midway under the case). The perfect stable height for the cables to clear and the screen to be used /viewed is thus achieved by filching your child's eraser (black being the best colour).

Should tide me over using the current Convertible Case until RIM addresses these issues in a new leather version of the Convertible Case.

Best,

David
    junaidiy and suzieque like this.
    01-04-12 08:00 PM
    01-04-12 08:04 PM
    High Quality Protective Leather Folio Case With Stand for BlackBerry PlayBook | eBay

blurex case solves all 3 problems. I just bought this one on ebay as I sold my old one with my old 16 gb pb. got a new 64 pb and found out amazon no longer has it in stock.
    01-04-12 08:06 PM
    Yes, there are merits to the Blurex, but IMHO not nearly as refined-looking as the Convertible Case and I'm not so much for the 'claws' and lack of full side protection...
    01-04-12 09:57 PM
    That is definitely a solution the HDMI cable problem -- thanks. Just need something similar for the micro-USB...
    01-04-12 10:01 PM
    Thanks, I just picked one up.

They also have the Type D Micro HDMI cables for $2 (plus $5 shipping in my case)
    01-18-12 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD