Hi, Got my new playbook for christmas with a convertible case and i'm interested in buying myself a rapid charger. Only thing is would i be able to close the convertible case whilst charging with the rapid charger? Also does the rapid charger improve battery life aswell?

- Thanks, Alex
    12-28-11 06:28 PM
    Welcome to the Playbook forums!!

I leave my convertable case folded over so the screen is visable, and have the rapid charger with the magnetic contact for charging. It doesn't improve battery life, but charges up faster vs the regular wall charger.
    The rapid charger charges at a higher rate than the included charger (which I don't use), and saves the USB port from any damage, other than for hooking up to my PC with Blackberry Desk Top Manager for backups.

Clink on the link below my signature, for more tips and tricks with the Playbook.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 12-28-11 at 06:39 PM.
    12-28-11 06:35 PM
    Did a DIY solution and added a little window in the spine of the convertable case to access the charge port. Takes about 1 minute with a razor knife and looks clean, except for taking out a bit of the BB name embossed there. But functionally it is perfect and allows the case to be closed, protecting the screen.

Just thought that it is interesting that RIM uses the name BlackBerry on the PB items, when that is the name of the smartphone line. I guess everyone knows BB and few people recognize the RIM name...except the trolls and haters, of course.
    12-28-11 06:46 PM
    Thanks you for the reply, would the playbook charge with the case closed with the rapid charger?i know it will not with standard charger but with thisone being at a right angle i thought it might just work.

Thanks, Alex
    12-28-11 06:48 PM
    I tried that too, but no it will not work with the case closed as it puts too much pressure on the magnet connector and causes it to not be set in straight.
    12-28-11 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD