Can it be done? I have some movies that play but no audio, other that work fine. I read some threads on this and I DL the app but I could not get it to work. So is it possible to convert files so they play with windows movie maker?
    10-28-12 03:53 PM
    It probably can be done, but it would take sooooooooooooooooooo long to do it. Movie Maker is not intended for that use. There are alternatives, though. One is to install KalemSoft from app world (paid app) which should play most if not all of your vids. The other is to install Streaming Now (paid) app on your PB or Xvid4PSP on your PC. Both will allow you to convert the audio in your vids without touching the video, which again should allow you to play most if not all of your vids on your PB. The conversion time using these apps is pretty quick, maybe 8 to 10 minutes to convert a full length movie. The third possibility is to use any of many video converters out there. These will convert both audio and video for playback on your PB, but the downside is they'll take considerably longer to convert- maybe one to two hours for a full length movie.
    10-28-12 04:30 PM
    I suggest you to use virtualdub. It's free, and powerful. You have just to reencode the audio codec. Do not reencode the video. It will take just a couple of minutes to complete the job.
    10-28-12 04:43 PM
    Can it be done? I have some movies that play but no audio, other that work fine. I read some threads on this and I DL the app but I could not get it to work. So is it possible to convert files so they play with windows movie maker?
    I'm not sure what your looking for but Freemake Video Converter is a superb, free, accepts contributions, software you put on your windows pc, then convert your dvds, then simply transfer the converted mp4 to your Playbook.
    10-28-12 05:08 PM
    handbrake. free, powerful; no contest
    10-28-12 05:36 PM
    +1 for the Freemake. Simply because there is already preset specifically for playbook. Just insert the dvd, choose to convert to playbook format, convert and transfer to your PB. If you go for the Handbreak however you need to find the presets for the PB (if you can't let me know). Whatever you choose bare in mind that not all DVDs will be converted and it's a process that takes more than 1 hour.
    10-28-12 05:46 PM
    +1 for freemake - so easy to use, presets for almost everything
    +1 handbrake - more options, but can also que up a batch of conversions and let it run
    10-28-12 07:38 PM
    Thank you looked at freemake and will try it. I could not remember the one I tried that I couldn't get to work...handbrake ty.
    10-28-12 10:38 PM
    10-30-12 02:03 PM
    +1 for freemake, fast and easy to use, you can upscale without issue too

Freemake | Best Freeware Alternatives To Paid Video Software

Another one I used to convert dvd to my torch 9810

http://www.winxdvd.com/video-converter/ (there is a free version)
    10-30-12 02:17 PM