I'm looking to get a tablet asap. Somebody convence me why I should get a playbook. I'm thinking about a samsung note or an asus transformer. It will be used for spreadsheets , forms in the field. Also web searches & emails.

Thanks
    09-20-12 04:17 PM
    If all you want to do is go on the internet then get one, if you want to do anything else then don't.
    09-20-12 04:27 PM
    I'm looking to get a tablet asap. Somebody convence me why I should get a playbook. I'm thinking about a samsung note or an asus transformer. It will be used for spreadsheets , forms in the field. Also web searches & emails.

Thanks
    What do i get in return?

But seriously, if you're going to get BB10 then PlayBook is a must. Ultimate Ecosystem brotha.
    Last edited by rupam95; 09-20-12 at 04:32 PM.
    09-20-12 04:29 PM
    Actually I was probably being harsh. A lot of people say they are great for work and that they actually excel at this as opposed to what I bought one for (as a toy).
    09-20-12 04:32 PM
    If you're thinking Samsung or Asus why are you even looking at a pb? Sounds like you already decided against it to me

Internet and email it'll be fine, docs to go ain't all that great for spreadsheets (or anything else for that matter). I use mine for work quite a bit, although it's mostly through vnc so no issues with what runs natively for me

Best suggestion would be to do some research on it, what I look for and like in a tablet is probably completely different to you. It's called personal preference for a reason
    09-20-12 04:39 PM
    If you look at the top right corner of the Web page and you will see a little white box that says Search CrackBerry in it. Highlight it at type "convince me" in it there are quite a few post already that can convince you.
    If it was me I would search my own facts not options and base my decision on what best fit my needs.
    Donnee and bungaboy like this.
    09-20-12 04:43 PM
    I don't actually know what "convence" means....

But I use my PB proudly for corporate work, spreadsheets, docs, powerpoints through docs2go which is included, and its fab. Web, emails - does it well.

I can't 'convince' anyone, not even my wife. She has played with all my tabs, experienced the PB & then bought one herself for the same reasons. This is after ios and android in my house.

Have no clue why you're looking at an Asus though. All gimmick for money imo
    09-20-12 04:50 PM
    If you are looking to work with microsoft office documents in the field you should get a thin laptop because I can tell you would not be happy with a tablet at all. The screen would be to small for large spreadsheets and detailed forms.

As donnee says........ you have your mind made up already anyways.

09-20-12 04:54 PM
    By the time you decide, wifi units will no longer be for sale.

However, 16 GB PB is 99 bux. Transformer is what 400/500?

Further to this point, Transformer / Samsung Note have an ugly black background and simple white text for every menu and every menu background. Android has been getting quite crashy in the last few releases. And has some nasty spyware background service issues as well as a less-secure method of email and messages.

PB, if you are tech savvy, you can convert most android apps to PB anyway. There are no apps I need that the PB doesnt have - it auto syncs to my BB, auto uses my BB's internet, auto-uses my BB's contacts... And as a developer, I can build an app for the PB in a few hours with minimal effort.

Me, PB. You, you'll need to decide on your own.

Ed.
    09-20-12 04:54 PM
    The predictive text and spell checker are great.
    93Aero and dave_h_946 like this.
    09-20-12 05:00 PM

Thanks
    I have a 32gig pb and a 32gig transformer t300t
    Both have their +'s and -'s input from people is ok but do your own research you shouldn't need anyone to convince you if I may make a suggestion write a list of things you want/needit to do and research research research then go down to your local electronics store politely ignore the salesman and get some hands on with the devices you have whittled down your list to and then you can make an intelligent informed purchase based on your wants/needs.
    Just my opinion fell free to go about it the way you feel most comfortable with good luck and happy hunting post back and let us know which device won the contest.
    BigAl_BB9900 and alan510 like this.
    09-20-12 05:13 PM
    The predictive text and spell checker are great.
    Cant argue with that predictive text is light years ahead of droid when I use the t300 I find myself waiting for the next word to come up. +
    I will also add you would be hard pressed to find somthing as well built as the pb.
    09-20-12 05:19 PM
    Cant argue with that predictive text
    You can argue with predictive text but it always wants to be right and usually is.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-20-12 05:31 PM
    By the time you decide, wifi units will no longer be for sale.

However, 16 GB PB is 99 bux. Transformer is what 400/500?

Further to this point, Transformer / Samsung Note have an ugly black background and simple white text for every menu and every menu background. Android has been getting quite crashy in the last few releases. And has some nasty spyware background service issues as well as a less-secure method of email and messages.

PB, if you are tech savvy, you can convert most android apps to PB anyway. There are no apps I need that the PB doesnt have - it auto syncs to my BB, auto uses my BB's internet, auto-uses my BB's contacts... And as a developer, I can build an app for the PB in a few hours with minimal effort.

Me, PB. You, you'll need to decide on your own.

Ed.
    yes the stock browser is very crashy and one app I got put like 3 unsolicited unwanted apps I don't usethat many apps there are some construction apps i bought google play store is pretty jumbled sideloading flash works but works when it wants other then that its been pretty stable as far system crashes I started using dolphin for tab hd beta its decent just a shame that I cant use the stock browser
    In my opinion the pb browser is superior to t300.
    For the record im not a fanboy of anything except the big blue wreckin crew NYG and the gf sometimes
    I say that because I mostly grab for the pb just cause I do I also like the transformer I wish pb came in a 10 inch version cause that would be very cool. The transformer t300 was 399usd keyboard was 140.00
    Last edited by esk369; 09-20-12 at 06:18 PM.
    madman0141 likes this.
    09-20-12 06:15 PM
    OP go to RIM website let then "convence" you.
    I suggest you should get one with spell check.
    nextcity likes this.
    09-20-12 06:23 PM
    Sorry guys.
    1 more statement if price is a factor for what they are selling playbooks right now for it is in my most humble opinion The best tablet if for any reason value bang for your buck and its so much more then that and there's a lot of people that will disagree because of bugs slow browser lack of the big 2 S&N I'm not going to mention the names because it tends to be a touchy subject but if you have a good router modem set up that puppy is going to fly and I have not had but 1 or 2 small problems that people on this forum helped me out with I paid 240usd for my 32gig pb and its some of the best money I've spent peroid.
    alan510 likes this.
    09-20-12 06:37 PM
    I don't understand- what do you mean by 'let then "convence" you.' ?
    09-20-12 06:40 PM
    If you are looking to work with microsoft office documents in the field you should get a thin laptop because I can tell you would not be happy with a tablet at all. The screen would be to small for large spreadsheets and detailed forms.

As donnee says........ you have your mind made up already anyways.

Depending what you're doing with it, I might or might not agree with your laptop vs tablet statement. I have the RIM BT keyboard and a BT mouse and for me it's great for taking notes in the field. The best thing I love about it is the instant on factor combined with long battery life on standby. If you wanted to do a lot of typing or massive spreadsheet that you had to wander all over, requirements might differ and a laptop might be a better option.
    As lots of others have said, it really does come down to personal preferences/needs.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-20-12 06:48 PM
    Give the OP a break. He/she may not speak english as a primary language.
    adiafzal likes this.
    09-20-12 07:05 PM
    Really OP... Just do your research and buy whichever tablet works better for you. We will find enough reasons for you to buy it and if you do because we told you to... Well... What does that make you?

BlackBerry by choice, or not BlackBerry at all.
    09-20-12 09:20 PM
    f you do because we told you to... Well... What does that make you?
    An ayeSheep?
    09-20-12 10:01 PM
    I think the fact that we need to "Convence" him, means that we will never Convince him.
    kretch likes this.
    09-20-12 10:05 PM
    Get a damn PlayBook.. It jus keeps gettin better & better.. Cant beat the price.. & i love it so i know u will
    09-21-12 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD