It's time to lay the cards on the table.

The BlackBerry PlayBook Petition for continued support has raised 785 signatures to date. Not bad when you consider the help we've had from anyone outside this Community = Zero.

I do though now sense frustration from the PlayBook community. Phone contracts are coming to an end. There will be decisions to be made. We all like to keep our keep our Business and personal stuff in sync via one Tablet and phone provider...I know I do for security and ease, similar apps etc.

Will Blackberry's refusal to address the request for continued support from Blackberry's most loyal fans just drive us all away from the brand altogether? Do you look on this campaign as a test to see if BlackBerry is listening? Wants to listen and engage its most loyal. Be honest now...think about it..will this failure by BlackBerry to respond to this campaign be the straw that broke the camels back and you will have to 'reluctantly' walk away and move to another brand with a supported Tablet & Phone setup? I personally have invested a lot in BlackBerry, time and support and a lot of others have and more. I don't want to go anywhere, but I know for a fact the PlayBook us not only what us at stake here. It's the phones as well. We need a response from BlackBerry and representation from CrackBerry before we all walk away from not just the PlayBook...

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    axllebeer, Kowal and madman0141 like this.
    05-09-14 09:20 AM
    If BlackBerry go to continue not support for the Playbook I will definitely walk away. What is point have BlackBerry Phone and different brand tablet, not fun at all

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 09:40 AM
    You guys got to let the PlayBook rest in peace and move on to the fact that BlackBerry isn't down with the tablet game.

You can use an alternative brand for tablet + bb10 very well anyways.
    kbz1960, howarmat, Snap51 and 10 others like this.
    05-09-14 09:42 AM
    I think continuing old PlayBook is only waste of time and money for BlackBerry. They can try releasing new tablets with 10 OS

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 09:42 AM
    I think continuing old PlayBook is only waste of time and money for BlackBerry. They can try releasing new tablets with 10 OS

Posted via CB10
    Although I still use and love my Playbook, it is mostly for media use now and I am not expecting any new updates. I also love my z10 and will stay with the BB10 OS for as long as possible. For BB to stop all mention, support of the Playbook that will not deter me from using their phones in the future. I will just get a new tablet. Hopefully that will be a WebOs offering in 1 year by LG !!
    vanrickman likes this.
    05-09-14 09:51 AM
    I think this has already happened for some. You really did miss a lot being late to the pb party. I said I wouldn't buy another bb product until I saw how the BB10 release went. Well that sucked and still here I am with a Z30 because I do like the OS over others and I am not a big app person.

So yes BBRY has already lost customers awhile back due to the playbook.
    05-09-14 09:54 AM
    You guys got to let the PlayBook rest in peace and move on to the fact that BlackBerry isn't down with the tablet game.
    I think the OP asks a valid question here, that has nothing to do with letting "the PlayBook rest in peace". Anyone can see "BlackBerry isn't down with the tablet game", that was quite obvious when they originally released it, as far as I'm told. To answer the question the OP asks: I won't be buying anything from Blackberry again. Not even because of the capabilities of the Playbook, but precisely because of the way Blackberry handled the whole Playbook situation. But then again, I never really was in the market for any smartphone, so it won't make any difference whatsoever...
    axllebeer likes this.
    05-09-14 10:02 AM
    I think the OP asks a valid question here, that has nothing to do with letting "the PlayBook rest in peace". Anyone can see "BlackBerry isn't down with the tablet game", that was quite obvious when they originally released it, as far as I'm told. To answer the question the OP asks: I won't be buying anything from Blackberry again. Not even because of the capabilities of the Playbook, but precisely because of the way Blackberry handled the whole Playbook situation. But then again, I never really was in the market for any smartphone, so it won't make any difference whatsoever...
    Hirazi, thanks for clarifying my question.
    If your only contribution to this thread is to say 'the PlayBook is dead, move on' you don't need to bother ...we've heard that all before! That is not the question.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    05-09-14 10:19 AM
    This was my last support effort regarding the two currently working PB's I have.
    I have accepted the fact and believe what BBRY says about no new PB in the future. But to not at least provide same feature functionality for the new OS through Bridge, and or address the sync issues with legacy models long before expressed before the new OS release is just unconscionable.
    The whole product launch, product support, and after market program is a full on slap in the face to supporters and key customers alike who purchased the PB loyal customers or not.
    I believe this to be the last effort to revive any kind of life
    support for the PB.
    I along with many others have lost and will never recover our investment in this product as it is obvious BBRY past did not care or listen to their customer base. The jury is out on the current evolving management at BBRY.
    What a sad end to a product that had great potential but f$#*ing terrible management all the way to the top.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 10:27 AM
    But I will stay with BBRY due to my long time product use. But I will not be so quick to jump on new release models or OS until a full cycle time of some degree for issues to be addressed.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 10:32 AM
    It's dead.

Time to pack up and move on.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    05-09-14 10:33 AM
    It's dead.

Time to pack up and move on.
    So are you saying you'll never buy another bb?
    05-09-14 10:38 AM
    Who is going to pay for the programmers and what not to do the PB support?
    05-09-14 10:52 AM
    I will stay with BBRY, yet, I will not get another tablet. I will be on a laptop more until BBRY releases another tablet. I have tried all, and, despite the PlayBook is old, I am not satisfied or comfortable with another tablet.....remember, I bought this tablet under the impression of it not receiving OS10, and I use it for work needs. I am BBRY until the end....simple. :-)
    Fire In The Bones likes this.
    05-09-14 10:55 AM
    I will continue to consider BlackBerry products for myself.. but I am far less likely to recommend them to others.

I persuaded 4 people to buy PlayBooks based on what was being promised.. and although those people are satisfied with how the PlayBook functions at the moment.. I am still a bit embarrassed that not only are their tablets not being upgraded.. but that they are no longer being supported.

Posted via CB10
    dazzleaj likes this.
    05-09-14 10:58 AM
    They actually went further than most companies would in supporting a device with so few owners as long as they did. If BBRY was comfortably profitable they may have considered continuing support but they cannot afford to do so.
    05-09-14 10:58 AM
    And yet my old PlayBook is more functional and efficient than my son's iPad and a Kindle HD given to me by a friend. I've been thinking about picking another up before they're gone.
    nealjane1 likes this.
    05-09-14 11:01 AM
    They actually went further than most companies would in supporting a device with so few owners as long as they did. If BBRY was comfortably profitable they may have considered continuing support but they cannot afford to do so.
    Perhaps but other tablets are supported by online communities. With a locked bootloader the pb will never have that. It is what it is right now.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    05-09-14 11:11 AM
    I will continue to consider BlackBerry products for myself.. but I am far less likely to recommend them to others.

I persuaded 4 people to buy PlayBooks based on what was being promised.. and although those people are satisfied with how the PlayBook functions at the moment.. I am still a bit embarrassed that not only are their tablets not being upgraded.. but that they are no longer being supported.
    Posted via CB10
    There will be continued support, particularly in security, for the PBs in the hands of institutional and government customers and those supported by carriers. If BB does not do this they would lose these markets and what credibility they have left. One would hope that security updates would thus come to the general consumer. Minor app udates might also be furnished. But don't expect Android run time to be upgraded or other major changes.

No doubt BB is considering new tablets both for "third world" deployment with linux connectivity and for the west also probably with Windows connectivity which may be cloud based. Details and prices will depend on arrangements with FoxConn and processors available including those from QualComm and even Intel. By next year these processors should be 64 bit with capability to run 32 bit programs. And by next year Google should be up to Android 5.x and be putting more constraints on use.
    05-09-14 11:20 AM
    Oh my, here we go again. Have you never lost money in any venture before? Even if PB was perfect when it was launched, it would be obsolete right now based on the rate of technological changes in the mobile industry. It's time to bury the hatchet and move on.
    howarmat, kbz1960 and Nharzhool like this.
    05-09-14 11:30 AM
    Still love my PBs, use them daily, and need 1 more 64gb. Only support I need at this point is a charger. Do wish Bridge for BB10 was better, but I'll survive. Best bridge use was with TrackPad/keyboard on 9900 anyway.

That said, I'd be a multiple unit buyer of an updated / BB10 tablet should it ever happen.

Viva Le (la?) PlayBook!
    The PlayBook is dead, Long Live the PlayBook!

Posted via CB10
    Fire In The Bones likes this.
    05-09-14 11:59 AM
    If they gave me the same functionality with Bridge that I had with my 9550, I would be fine. Since that is unlikely, when I go for another phone, it won't be BB but a company that can provide support for both phone and tablet.
    PlayBook UK likes this.
    05-09-14 12:07 PM
    Just put the damn Z3 BB10 OS on it .. and be done with it. How hard can that be... give us the choice BB. The hardware is still alright and BB10 runs so sweet.. it should perform ok...
    Toodeurep likes this.
    05-09-14 12:18 PM
    If they gave me the same functionality with Bridge that I had with my 9550, I would be fine. Since that is unlikely, when I go for another phone, it won't be BB but a company that can provide support for both phone and tablet.
    What functionality is that? Or what functionality is missing that you use?
    rthonpm likes this.
    05-09-14 12:19 PM
    I would be extremely pleased if BlackBerry under Chen said "we'll try to do something decent for the PlayBook"... but since the company has already absorbed the cost of the previous vile decision handed down by Thorsten, there would be a cost to them to reengage that won't bear fruit. We can only hope that Chen isn't as stupid with regard to customer relations as Thor and his cronies, and so far I haven't seen evidence that Chen is a dolt... quite the opposite, actually, if the announcement of the Q20 is any indication.

I was at my desk where I have my PlayBook propped up in the rapid charger stand, and I heard a BBM come in on my phone which was WAYYYY far away in the living room, but then my PlayBook binged and I picked it up and read and replied to the BBM from my PlayBook, saving me any possibility of getting off my f*t a*s. Thank You, PlayBook!
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 05-09-14 at 01:15 PM.
    DocDRM and axllebeer like this.
    05-09-14 01:00 PM
100 123 ...