This thread just gave me a signature for my posts..........Thanks!!!
    07-07-13 09:03 AM
    I sent an email last week to the senior management team that explained how their decisions with the PlayBook cost them not only 3 BB10 phone sales over the next couple of quarters and I would be giving Samsung that business, but that it also cost them an advocate for the BlackBerry brand in general because them not following through with their word makes the advocates look foolish and hurts the advocate's credibility. It was well written and professional and they did respond and said that they wanted to have some discussions with me. We'll see if that happens but they definitely read email and may respond to them. I think they underestimated how many times you can burn the loyal before they will turn against you.

What really kills me is they say look to the future to PlayBook owners as to why we should not be upset about the PlayBook update being cancelled but then plan to release that 9720 joke of a device soon. That's going backwards two generations in device technology. They have plenty of existing BBOS devices that they can drop the price point on and not look foolish by developing and releasing a totally new device.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 10:33 AM
    I sent an email last week to the senior management team that explained how their decisions with the PlayBook cost them not only 3 BB10 phone sales over the next couple of quarters and I would be giving Samsung that business, but that it also cost them an advocate for the BlackBerry brand in general because them not following through with their word makes the advocates look foolish and hurts the advocate's credibility. It was well written and professional and they did respond and said that they wanted to have some discussions with me. We'll see if that happens but they definitely read email and may respond to them. I think they underestimated how many times you can burn the loyal before they will turn against you.

Posted via CB10
    If they do continue this discussion, you might recommend them to send their CEO to introductory sales management course. He obviously missed some basic stuff in his training. Very basic.
    07-07-13 10:50 AM
    Playbook will not be killed by lack of call center support, there's plenty of help in the two main forums. Heck they mostly only walk you through a debrick anyway. What will kill it finally is lack of updates to Flash, email etc, like the mobile server change in hotmail that needed an update. No updates since February is not a good omen.
    I doubt we will see another good, worthwhile update..It's disappointing..
    07-07-13 03:05 PM
    This thread just gave me a signature for my posts..........Thanks!!!
    Which is what?
    07-07-13 03:06 PM

What really kills me is they say look to the future to PlayBook owners as to why we should not be upset about the PlayBook update being cancelled but then plan to release that 9720 joke of a device soon. That's going backwards two generations in device technology. They have plenty of existing BBOS devices that they can drop the price point on and not look foolish by developing and releasing a totally new device.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think they feel confident with BB10. I mean, going back to your old OS when you're trying promote the new one-seems as though they don't want everyone to adopt their new products. And, here's a new BB7 phone, aBB7! They can lash out this, but not keep their PlayBook customers happy.
    07-07-13 03:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do keep us updated with the discussions!
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    07-07-13 03:10 PM
    I think BBRY forgot they even made the PlayBook.

Oh well, here's to hoping the stock hits $0.50
    Why would you or anybody else "hope" for the demise or downfall of a company... ANY company???
    Maybe people should start "hoping" you lose your job/lifestyle as well.
    Feel good now?
    07-07-13 03:25 PM
    Why would you or anybody else "hope" for the demise or downfall of a company... ANY company???
    Feel good now?
    The stock is reflecting the performance of the company and the strength of the brand, which is why it is going down. You can't have a marketing strategy that is based onword of mouth from your user base (Sell like Hell) and then dump on those same customers and expect the market to react positively. Since most corporate compensation is based on options and performance I don't think it is bad for customers that feel slighted to want the out of touch management to share in the pain. RIM / BlackBerry is getting what they deserve in the market based on the satisfaction of the dwindling user base and their blatant disregard for that base IMHO. I don't want them to fail, but I don't want to see any gains from the way they are currently doing business either.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 04:32 PM
    Feel good now?
    There's lots of tech jobs in Canada.. Most of waterloo is open for business and hiring so I wouldn't worry about that. Blackberrys downfall will be another companies saving grace.

They're relaeasing products that don't work properly and killing products before they get around to updating them. Its been a 6year streak of this!!! Up until last week I was a huge supporter bringing many friends into the ecosystem. I will no longer, this was the last straw!!

Oh and btw.. If I was lying to my customers ( I own 2 companies) I hope someone puts me out of business. Enough said

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 04:47 PM
    There's lots of tech jobs in Canada.. Most of waterloo is open for business and hiring so I wouldn't worry about that. Blackberrys downfall will be another companies saving grace.

They're relaeasing products that don't work properly and killing products before they get around to updating them. Its been a 6year streak of this!!! Up until last week I was a huge supporter bringing many friends into the ecosystem. I will no longer, this was the last straw!!

Oh and btw.. If I was lying to my customers ( I own 2 companies) I hope someone puts me out of business. Enough said

Posted via CB10
    Waterloo is buzzing with companies.
    07-07-13 06:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Dude... Sell all your BB gear now while you can still get a buck for it. You are angry and that is not good for you. Move on, you'll feel better.
    Chaplain_Clancy likes this.
    07-07-13 07:35 PM
    The stock is reflecting the performance of the company and the strength of the brand, which is why it is going down. You can't have a marketing strategy that is based onword of mouth from your user base (Sell like Hell) and then dump on those same customers and expect the market to react positively. Since most corporate compensation is based on options and performance I don't think it is bad for customers that feel slighted to want the out of touch management to share in the pain. RIM / BlackBerry is getting what they deserve in the market based on the satisfaction of the dwindling user base and their blatant disregard for that base IMHO. I don't want them to fail, but I don't want to see any gains from the way they are currently doing business either.

Posted via CB10
    I'm willing to wait and hopefully see things stabilize after these painful decisions. I'm very happy with my Z10 purchase, and satisfied with the 26 months my PB has given me.
    I'd love to see a version of BB10 released for the PB (I know it'll never happen) in beta even with no support. Sure I'm disappointed but I don't let it affect my life.
    Chaddface and Chaplain_Clancy like this.
    07-07-13 07:42 PM
    Dude... Sell all your BB gear now while you can still get a buck for it. You are angry and that is not good for you. Move on, you'll feel better.
    I wish there was a resale value. They're going for "used" not much more then I traded my 9860 in for back in January during the trade in program blackberry sold our office on. Unlike everyone here, I don't have a ton of expendable income. Why do you think everyone has $700 to just change phones anytime they feel the need?? Heard of the dreaded 3year contract? Yes, that was the only way to get a Z10 in January

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 07:44 PM
    I'm willing to wait and hopefully see things stabilize after these painful decisions. I'm very happy with my Z10 purchase, and satisfied with the 26 months my PB has given me.
    I'd love to see a version of BB10 released for the PB (I know it'll never happen) in beta even with no support. Sure I'm disappointed but I don't let it affect my life.
    I'm happy with my Z10 purchase too, but won't get them for my kids. They will be switching to something else that is better for them and downloading BBM when available. Not affecting my life at all, but the loss of three units while trying to establish a new OS and ecosystem, and losing a former advocate, and other people out there doing the same might affect some lives up north.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 07:52 PM
    So we should take thiis reps word as gospel?
    Its sad that so many revel in negativity.
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    07-07-13 07:52 PM
    I wish there was a resale value. They're going for "used" not much more then I traded my 9860 in for back in January during the trade in program blackberry sold our office on. Unlike everyone here, I don't have a ton of expendable income. Why do you think everyone has $700 to just change phones anytime they feel the need?? Heard of the dreaded 3year contract? Yes, that was the only way to get a Z10 in January

Posted via CB10
    I'm Canadian, so of course I've heard of it. I paid full pop for my Z10 on Feb 5th. When my contract is up I'll just shop a decent rate on carrier X and never do that again. A bit of pain up front as it were...
    How many handsets/devices do you have deployed? You don't have to answer that of course and I respect that, but I am truly interested.
    07-07-13 07:56 PM
    I'm happy with my Z10 purchase too, but won't get them for my kids. They will be switching to something else that is better for them and downloading BBM when available. Not affecting my life at all, but the loss of three units while trying to establish a new OS and ecosystem, and losing a former advocate, and other people out there doing the same might affect some lives up north.

Posted via CB10
    If you're happy with yours, why wouldn't you get it for the kids? What is better for them?
    07-07-13 07:59 PM
    Bridge for BB10 to work well with the PlayBook is the only thing on my agenda. The PlayBook struggles with the curent OS and sometimes feels a bit laggy when opening apps. Yet it's still a nice tablet, for BB standards.

That they continue the support is great in my opinion! At least you can have technical help if your PlayBook gives up. And I'm sure that a BB10 tablet is around the corner. Tablets are gadgets just because we can afford them. And BB would be stupid not to jump on the wagon. The only problem is to convince people to buy it.
    I don't care about Bridge! I do own a Z10, but what about other people who owns a PB but do not own a BB smartphone?
    07-07-13 08:09 PM
    Don't you get it....Blackberry didn't make the playbook...

RIM made the playbook.....

Blackberry made the z10,q10 oh...the newest one...is going to be called the 4q2.....and so as not to confuse the americans with the pronunciation of that phone..(the zee10....zed10 debacle)the blackberry 4q2 is pronounced 'Four Cue too' Thor came up with the name.
    RIM made the PlayBook, BlackBerry killed the PlayBook! At the end loyal fans are the suckers!
    07-07-13 08:11 PM
    Did your PB die out after 26 months? I'm just wondering if you're battery died or something..
    07-07-13 08:30 PM
    Did your PB die out after 26 months? I'm just wondering if you're battery died or something..
    Ha!
    Oops... Should have typed "has given me so far".
    :>)
    I continue to use my PB every day. At work I haven't used a pen/paper for meetings since PB release day in Apr 2011. I use it for site visits to take notes/pics/voice notes for upcoming jobs in Evernote.
    The battery remains strong, no discernible degradation that I can notice.
    Chaplain_Clancy likes this.
    07-07-13 08:48 PM
    If you're happy with yours, why wouldn't you get it for the kids? What is better for them?
    My 12 year old has one and many of the apps he wants are missing. It also has no way to credit his BlackBerry World account to buy music apps and video and who knows if/when BlackBerry will deliver this feature and I'm tired of coming soon promises. My 15 year old wants a phone for his Birthday soon to replace his 9360 and wants a GS4 which has apps and Google Play cards and is only slightly more than a Z10. I'll get two and I'll give the Z10 to my wife so her and I will have Z10's and kids Samsung. Everyone gets what they want.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 09:28 PM
    My 12 year old has one and many of the apps he wants are missing. It also has no way to credit his BlackBerry World account to buy music apps and video and who knows if/when BlackBerry will deliver this feature and I'm tired of coming soon promises. My 15 year old wants a phone for his Birthday soon and wants a GS4 which has apps and Google Play cards and is only slightly more than a Z10. I'll get two and I'll give the Z10 to my wife so her and I will have Z10's and kids Samsung. Everyone gets what they want.

Posted via CB10
    Do I also get what I want?
    07-07-13 09:29 PM
    It is worthless as is
    07-07-13 09:33 PM
74 123