My 12 year old has one and many of the apps he wants are missing. It also has no way to credit his BlackBerry World account to buy music apps and video and who knows if/when BlackBerry will deliver this feature and I'm tired of coming soon promises. My 15 year old wants a phone for his Birthday soon to replace his 9360 and wants a GS4 which has apps and Google Play cards and is only slightly more than a Z10. I'll get two and I'll give the Z10 to my wife so her and I will have Z10's and kids Samsung. Everyone gets what they want.

Posted via CB10
    That sounds logical. Thank you for explaining. You should be good to go!
    :>)
    07-07-13 10:01 PM
    It is worthless as is
    Hardly, and if you really think so I'll pay for the shipping to get it here.
    07-07-13 10:04 PM
    In order to support the PB, they have to do updates on the OS 2.1
    there are plenty issues with programs crashing, I have problems of opening word, excel, pdf files
    plus the browser, files and folder and evernote crashes

the free memory allocation sinks after restarting fro. 560mb to low 56mb
    this is not enough to open several program and some folders, so it crashes

10 days I did a hard reset, than spoke with CS, the supervisor told me that some of this issues will be taken care of with the next update. and he did not mean OS10.0

don't forget that the playbook was sold to a lot of law-enforcement in Canada, and other government agencies
    BB will cut their own throat if the PB is not supported with OS 2.1xxx updates
    plus the QNX is used in some cars and other machines
    Z10 is the OS for the smartphones, QNX can be used for many other applications
    QNX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    QNX operating systems, development tools, and professional services for connected embedded systems
    07-07-13 10:32 PM
    Why would you or anybody else "hope" for the demise or downfall of a company... ANY company???
    Maybe people should start "hoping" you lose your job/lifestyle as well.
    Feel good now?
    That's the problem around here isn't it. Those who don't have hope and have already jumped ship are fueling the forums because they can't believe that others haven't done the same. I think there are three jokes about BlackBerry promises being used by two, maybe three hundred posters on this site. There are a lot of bitter people here now hoping for a complete end to the company so they don't feel foolish for abandoning BlackBerry.
    canuckvoip likes this.
    07-07-13 10:40 PM
    That's the problem around here isn't it. Those who don't have hope and have already jumped ship are fueling the forums because they can't believe that others haven't done the same. I think there are three jokes about BlackBerry promises being used by two, maybe three hundred posters on this site. There are a lot of bitter people here now hoping for a complete end to the company so they don't feel foolish for abandoning BlackBerry.
    Everybody has their choice and freedom. I get disappointed with the people that wish to stomp on/spit on mine.
    Notice I said disappointed... no hate.
    Chaplain_Clancy likes this.
    07-07-13 10:53 PM
    there are plenty issues with programs crashing, I have problems of opening word, excel, pdf files

10 days I did a hard reset, than spoke with CS, the supervisor told me that some of this issues will be taken care of with the next update. and he did not mean OS10.0

don't forget that the playbook was sold to a lot of law-enforcement in Canada, and other government agencies
    QNX operating systems, development tools, and professional services for connected embedded systems
    But, when? Last update was February-ish, they're aware of the problems as is.
    hreiner1 likes this.
    07-07-13 11:45 PM
    keep dreaming 8->

07-08-13 05:23 AM
    The fact that we are now at the deafening silence stage with BlackBerry on the subject of ANY future updates/fixes for the PlayBook strongly suggests that they have completely disowned the thing.

Sorry folks but this is by far the most realistic assessment, and since BlackBerry themselves will never tell us squat, that's all we have.

Posted via CB10
    gothamsreckoning likes this.
    07-08-13 11:19 AM
    the whole internet doesn't give you a 2 buck flying fsck ya, about what you feel.
    So does blackberry. according to me, playbook is a problem child for rim.
    rather a b@stard problem child.
    more they ignore and dump it less they have to worry about.
    its worse than prison. its called reality.
    in prison you have freedom to do almosy everything you can do outside the walls.
    and in reality you dont have the freedom that you have inside the prison.
    thats about it.
    now TI along with blackberry made things even more complicated for guys like us.
    man i made a mistake buying a blackberry -> i think somewhat like this at times.
    thanks!
    -paul
    07-08-13 12:07 PM
    maybe it will become another webOS, a public domaine

don't forget there are only 2 other tablet operating systems out there, Android, IOS, with plenty of Apps
    not counting windows 8 wich is to memory intensive, and is rather a Laptop OS
    Google is coming out with a chrome OS, the next will be a Firefox OS
    WebOS is dead

so there is a marketplace the BB10 tablet software

But, when? Last update was February-ish, they're aware of the problems as is.
    07-08-13 02:01 PM
    rim/ blackberry made the playbook and the z10 and q10 there was no gap between rim making playbook and then changing to blackberry to make z10 and q10
    Bdot-1 likes this.
    07-08-13 02:04 PM
    maybe it will become another webOS, a public domaine

don't forget there are only 2 other tablet operating systems out there, Android, IOS, with plenty of Apps
    not counting windows 8 wich is to memory intensive, and is rather a Laptop OS
    Google is coming out with a chrome OS, the next will be a Firefox OS
    WebOS is dead

so there is a marketplace the BB10 tablet software
    chromium is old. i am from coreboot community which develops chromium. the main OS for chromebook. the design and philosophy is way different.
    its called KISS. keep it simple stupid. Ron Minnich our community founder and stefan raineur (hope i got his name spelling right) are in charge of it. and windows is not new. it was widows ce. i still have the disks with me. if anyone needs windows ce let me know. windows 8 for mobile is called winrt. and is crap.
    and i think you havent understood chromeos. its meant to be simple and one touch on. hmmmmmm. are you getting me. basic minimal app. that keeps it going. else it will be a bloatware.
    technically speaking i can compile chromium for my thinkpad t60 and thinkpad x60 where the flash chip are super duper beefed up. normal bios flash chip is only 2 MiB and mine are 4 MiB and planning to go 16 MiB. you can almosy run chromium on from the bios flash chip.

you need to get the basic right bro. nothing personal. but since i am from these projects. so i know it well enough. and it was me who first upsized the flash chip from 2 MiB to 4 MiB. because i wanted a kernel and more leg room. so i can now even run an OS. super stripped chromium.

anyway info is always not right with everyone. sorry for going off topic. but your info on these two were weak.

hope this helps!

thanks!
    -paul
    07-08-13 02:13 PM
    the whole internet doesn't give you a 2 buck flying fsck ya, about what you feel.
    So does blackberry. according to me, playbook is a problem child for rim.
    rather a b@stard problem child.
    more they ignore and dump it less they have to worry about.
    its worse than prison. its called reality.
    in prison you have freedom to do almosy everything you can do outside the walls.
    and in reality you dont have the freedom that you have inside the prison.
    thats about it.
    now TI along with blackberry made things even more complicated for guys like us.
    man i made a mistake buying a blackberry -> i think somewhat like this at times.
    thanks!
    -paul
    If they screw PB owners after two years, what's to come of BB10 produccts in two years?
    07-08-13 03:14 PM
    My god, and I get slated for going off thread? This thread is about support, not bb10, thor, bb, Kevin or Web browsers, it's about support!!!!!!!!!.

To test the initial complaint from the OP I tested BlackBerry's support team. On Monday I rang the support line and registered a problem with one of my playbooks. The man was very nice and helpful but didn't actually understand what I was saying to him. It can't have been the language barrier because we were both british! In support knowledge they suck, in problem solving well no wonder the company is hemorrhaging money.

The problem I had could have quite easily been solved by a debrick. After 1hr and 20 mins on the phone doing restarts and answering silly questions the man declared it was a defect and would arrange for repair/replacement???????

Now that was Monday and today is only Wednesday but this morning a man arrived in a shiney new Van with a box and he took my PlayBook away? He said it was being sent to Germany where they would conduct an assessment of the damage and either repair or replace it free of charge!

Me thinks BlackBerry need to tell there support technicians to ask for advice on these forums as it will save BlackBerry thousands!

On the flip side, I can't fault them for customer service!!!!!!!

ps this is definitely my last post.

pps stop all the cheering!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 11:46 AM
    No cheering from me...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-10-13 11:59 AM
    No cheering from me...
    No, I suddenly feel like Colonel Custer must have done!

Posted via CB10
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    07-10-13 01:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Don't you mean Col. Mustard?

In the cellar, with a brandy bottle?
    07-10-13 03:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    But...but...this was one more post after the last post? *BOOM* head exploded...
    gothamsreckoning likes this.
    07-10-13 04:29 PM
    07-10-13 04:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think it is actually Colonel Mustard with a lead pipe in the Conservatory.

I really need to figure out how colonel=kernel in sound!
    07-10-13 07:25 PM
    Don't you mean Col. Mustard?

In the cellar, with a brandy bottle?
    I guess we were on similar wave lengths. I did not see your more appropriate reply when I tossed mine in!
    gothamsreckoning and Cynycl like this.
    07-10-13 07:26 PM
    Don't you get it....Blackberry didn't make the playbook...

RIM made the playbook.....

Blackberry made the z10,q10 oh...the newest one...is going to be called the 4q2.....and so as not to confuse the americans with the pronunciation of that phone..(the zee10....zed10 debacle)the blackberry 4q2 is pronounced 'Four Cue too' Thor came up with the name.
    I think you meant 'Fork You Too'.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    07-11-13 07:12 AM
    I think you meant 'Fork You Too'.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    You left out a crucial modifier:

"Fork You Too, AGAIN"
    07-11-13 08:45 AM
    I just called BlackBerry regarding what Theins meant when he said continued support. The representative told me he was referring to technical support, in case something happens to your PlayBook. When I asked about software updates, he said they don't even have an official decision yet...
    Sad:banghead:
    I think he dropped the hint when he they are now concentrating on their new hardware portfolio.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 08:47 AM
74 123