I just called BlackBerry regarding what Theins meant when he said continued support. The representative told me he was referring to technical support, in case something happens to your PlayBook. When I asked about software updates, he said they don't even have an official decision yet...
    Sad:banghead:
    dmlis, Dave XII and victorshikhman like this.
    07-05-13 08:48 PM
    At least get bridge on BB10 to where BB7 bridge is!
    FF22 likes this.
    07-05-13 08:52 PM
    At least get bridge on BB10 to where BB7 bridge is!
    Sadly, I don't think they care anymore.
    dannykavs and trsbbs like this.
    07-05-13 09:57 PM
    I think BBRY forgot they even made the PlayBook.

Oh well, here's to hoping the stock hits $0.50
    look_alive likes this.
    07-05-13 10:11 PM
    BlackBerry is failing to realize that there are "person" behind each PlayBook...

If they don't care about the PlayBook itself... at least, they should give "value" to those owners...

Posted via Z10
    07-05-13 10:27 PM
    I just called BlackBerry regarding what Theins meant when he said continued support. The representative told me he was referring to technical support, in case something happens to your PlayBook. When I asked about software updates, he said they don't even have an official decision yet...
    Sad:banghead:
    Someone mentioned that the PlayBook is RIM's problem, not BlackBerry's. Amazing, is it not?
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    07-05-13 10:33 PM
    I agree. We hsd one recent update that changed the name of the App Store. I mean who cares? They also fixed browser problems, but I personally saw no difference.
    07-06-13 02:59 AM
    All the people that rushed to buy them are sure as heck pissed. I mean, we WERE promised an update. You're multi-million dollar company, your founder gives $100 million to universities every once in a while. Like come on.
    imz, eldricho and blueberrymerry like this.
    07-06-13 03:01 AM
    I'm not sure I understand...
    07-06-13 03:01 AM
    Have you tried turning it off and on?
    07-06-13 04:09 AM
    Bridge for BB10 to work well with the PlayBook is the only thing on my agenda. The PlayBook struggles with the curent OS and sometimes feels a bit laggy when opening apps. Yet it's still a nice tablet, for BB standards.

That they continue the support is great in my opinion! At least you can have technical help if your PlayBook gives up. And I'm sure that a BB10 tablet is around the corner. Tablets are gadgets just because we can afford them. And BB would be stupid not to jump on the wagon. The only problem is to convince people to buy it.
    07-06-13 04:20 AM
    Bridge for BB10 to work well with the PlayBook is the only thing on my agenda. The PlayBook struggles with the curent OS and sometimes feels a bit laggy when opening apps. Yet it's still a nice tablet, for BB standards.

That they continue the support is great in my opinion! At least you can have technical help if your PlayBook gives up. And I'm sure that a BB10 tablet is around the corner. Tablets are gadgets just because we can afford them. And BB would be stupid not to jump on the wagon. The only problem is to convince people to buy it.
    I have absolutely no problem with my PB. Great tablet in my opinion. My problem is promising something, then breaking that promise. If we get updates for browser, certain apps such as Facebook, and YouTube, I'm totally good! Technical support is a perk, but a new PlayBook isn't thst pricey should something happen to your existing one.

Here's to hoping!
    vangelas, eldricho and serbanescu like this.
    07-06-13 04:53 AM
    I think BBRY forgot they even made the PlayBook.

Oh well, here's to hoping the stock hits $0.50
    Don't you get it....Blackberry didn't make the playbook...

RIM made the playbook.....

Blackberry made the z10,q10 oh...the newest one...is going to be called the 4q2.....and so as not to confuse the americans with the pronunciation of that phone..(the zee10....zed10 debacle)the blackberry 4q2 is pronounced 'Four Cue too' Thor came up with the name.
    07-06-13 08:26 AM
    Don't you get it....Blackberry didn't make the playbook...

RIM made the playbook.....

Blackberry made the z10,q10 oh...the newest one...is going to be called the 4q2.....and so as not to confuse the americans with the pronunciation of that phone..(the zee10....zed10 debacle)the blackberry 4q2 is pronounced 'Four Cue too' Thor came up with the name.
    I'm sorry but that was the development name of the PB so it has been done, ahem, used. Although I would not put it past rim, ahem, bbry, to do it, ahem, use it again.
    07-06-13 09:32 AM
    Technical support != updates.

All the things we've been asking for - IMAP folder support, no limits on email, bookmark editing in the browser, find in the browser - will never turn up. If BBRY couldn't fix such small problems in the past two years, I have no hope they can do it at all.

I have a bad feeling it will be just one person running a hotline, listening to PB users' woes day in and day out, with the standard responses being "Please reboot it" or "Please do an OS reload".
    07-06-13 11:15 PM
    Technical support != updates.

All the things we've been asking for - IMAP folder support, no limits on email, bookmark editing in the browser, find in the browser - will never turn up. If BBRY couldn't fix such small problems in the past two years, I have no hope they can do it at all.

I have a bad feeling it will be just one person running a hotline, listening to PB users' woes day in and day out, with the standard responses being "Please reboot it" or "Please do an OS reload".
    Exactly what I was thinking! I mean, they can fix our problems, I'm sure they're very capable..
    07-06-13 11:52 PM
    I think BBRY forgot they even made the PlayBook....
    I believe they (Heins) would love to

Sent from my BB Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    hreiner1 likes this.
    07-07-13 02:06 AM
    I'm sorry but that was the development name of the PB so it has been done, ahem, used. Although I would not put it past rim, ahem, bbry, to do it, ahem, use it again.
    I'm still sore from the first time around!

<Reaches for his tube of Preparation H>

Man, prison life sucks...

RCK
    FF22 likes this.
    07-07-13 02:15 AM
    If Heins said they continue to support PB, then I think they will.
    07-07-13 02:48 AM
    OK wait,
    Bwahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha.
    Once more,

I remember in the lost history they even said BB10 would be coming to playbook,Didn't they?
    07-07-13 03:06 AM
    OK wait,
    Once more,

I remember in the lost history they even said BB10 would be coming to playbook,Didn't they?
    I believe this man deserves a medal!
    07-07-13 03:19 AM
    You do have to take into account they said BB10 was coming. And, ultimately didn't. From here on out, let's vow not to believe PlayBook lies until we see results!
    07-07-13 03:20 AM
    ...not...

Posted via Z10
    07-07-13 08:20 AM
    Someone mentioned that the PlayBook is RIM's problem, not BlackBerry's. Amazing, is it not?
    You have got to be kidding. If so they still sound arrogant and ignorant.
    gothamsreckoning likes this.
    07-07-13 08:29 AM
    Playbook will not be killed by lack of call center support, there's plenty of help in the two main forums. Heck they mostly only walk you through a debrick anyway. What will kill it finally is lack of updates to Flash, email etc, like the mobile server change in hotmail that needed an update. No updates since February is not a good omen.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-07-13 08:34 AM
74 123