I have a webdomain that has an email address associated to it and it seems every now and then I am required to go in and re-save my settings in order for my PlayBook to correctly update my email this doesn't happen with my hotmail email. Can someone help me understand why this is the case or what I need to do?
    08-14-12 03:17 PM
    Not sure but I've also had this problem off and on for some time now even with Gmail and Yahoo. Gets pretty annoying. My wife has had it happen randomly on hers too with Gmail.
    08-14-12 03:45 PM
    this has happened to me after the .688 update... on my Google Apps account. My Gmail is fine...
    08-14-12 04:12 PM
    I have a webdomain that has an email address associated to it and it seems every now and then I am required to go in and re-save my settings in order for my PlayBook to correctly update my email this doesn't happen with my hotmail email. Can someone help me understand why this is the case or what I need to do?
    I have had the same problem with my Comcast email account. It has gotten better with the most recent update, but I'm still having random "log in" issues, along with my calendar not updating when I add an entry from my BB handset.
    08-14-12 04:12 PM
    For gmail I've read that doing the 2 step verification on a computer fixes the issue of having to log in all the time.
    BB_Bmore and deswayze like this.
    08-14-12 04:27 PM
    It does. This is how Google has it set up. It's not a Playbook bug.
    08-14-12 07:57 PM
    Had similar trouble with Yahoo. Finally got fed up to the point that I deleted it and only use Yahoo Web-based. Much happier this way. My exchange email has never had this problem (although I sure wish it had subfolders).
    08-14-12 09:35 PM
    I had that happen to me earlier.. I typed in my gmail password and did a hard reboot (hold vol+ Vol - and power). Seems to have fixed it.
    08-14-12 09:39 PM
    Try removing all the accounts and then re-adding them.
    08-14-12 09:43 PM
    It does. This is how Google has it set up. It's not a Playbook bug.
    Not sure where the issue is, but I don't think this is the whole answer. I had the issue for the 1st time a couple of days ago with a google calendar. All of the sudden it's working fine again.
    08-14-12 09:46 PM
    yea it is hit or miss so annoying
    08-16-12 01:43 PM
    Same here with my Yahoo account. I paid for a plus account so I could turn Yahoo into a Pop account and it is alot better, although it creates other problems.
    08-16-12 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD