I've done a search and it seems there haven't been any equivalents of Instapaper and Readitlater - but is that still the case with OS2 beta and Android app side-loading ?

probably one of my most used apps on my Iphone is Instapaper or Readitlater - great to read webpages offline when you are on a train and going in and out of a 3G/decent data connection - and I'd thought would be even more useful on a wifi only tablet

so is Instapaper or Readitlater or any equivalent now available please?

considering buying a playbook at the moment - but lack of apps like this is putting me off - no matter how good the hardware is (which from a demo in a shop I was very impressed with)

thanks very much
    01-02-12 06:41 AM
    I've done a search and it seems there haven't been any equivalents of Instapaper and Readitlater - but is that still the case with OS2 beta and Android app side-loading ?

probably one of my most used apps on my Iphone is Instapaper or Readitlater - great to read webpages offline when you are on a train and going in and out of a 3G/decent data connection - and I'd thought would be even more useful on a wifi only tablet

considering buying a playbook at the moment - but lack of apps like this is putting me off - no matter how good the hardware is (which from a demo in a shop I was very impressed with)

thanks very much
    There is an app called offline browser in the app world, it lets you save webpages. Very useful
    redbound65 likes this.
    01-02-12 07:02 AM

thanks very much
    I am using BlackBerry News App for PlayBook. It has an offline mode and also supports importing feeds from Google Reader. There are quite a few other RSS readers as well.
    Last edited by cgull; 01-02-12 at 09:02 AM.
    01-02-12 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD