Hey,

Just after thoughts on the playbook - granted your all BB fans but its currently 200 cheaper then the ipad and I am looking at getting a BB phone when my current contract is up.

Can you BBM on the playbook and can you utilise gmail etc, etc

The only reason I was considering an ipad is simply down to the fact I have a iMac - and on this point will I be able to sync the playbook with my iMac?

Thanks,
    12-29-11 11:09 AM
    You can BBM on the PB with a blackberry phone. You can use gmail now without the phone.

I think apple just released a sync app for itunes but I could be wrong about that. I may have been for phones.
    12-29-11 11:14 AM
    Hey,

Just after thoughts on the playbook - granted your all BB fans but its currently 200 cheaper then the ipad and I am looking at getting a BB phone when my current contract is up.

Can you BBM on the playbook and can you utilise gmail etc, etc

The only reason I was considering an ipad is simply down to the fact I have a iMac - and on this point will I be able to sync the playbook with my iMac?

Thanks,
    Yes you can use BBM on the PB as long as you are in range of your BB and they are bridged. There isnt any native email for the PB (it will be here in Feb), until then you will have to use the browser to use your gmail. There is however also an integrated app on the PB that takes you directly to the gmail home page.

I use a mac and have used one forever, that never made me chose an ipad, I simply dont like apple outside the macs, but thats my personal opinion and choice. Yes you will be able to transfer files etc between your mac and the PB, via the desktop manager and also over wifi.
    Currently the itunes syn app works only for a PC and maybe soon a mac version will come out.

Hope this helps you to go the PB route
    slsk1980 likes this.
    12-29-11 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD