ok,

Picked up the 16GB Playbook, to be soon complemented by the 9900 tomorrow. Honestly, I was expecting it to be much worse, based on the reviews. The hardware and OS itself kick ****, the UI could use a bit of work but that hopefully comes along with the updates, it is only the applications that are missing. Wohoo! I am not sure yet whether I would actually prefer it to the iPad, but it definitely is a very viable and capable option.
    What I am missing currently is a good ebook reader and a IM client. Both will hopefully join the party soon.
    Yay!
    08-22-11 01:16 PM
    Congrats on your purchase and may you keep re-discovering the awesomeness of the PlayBook!

Cheers!
    08-22-11 02:13 PM
    The Kindle cloud reader works pretty well on the Playbook if that helps.
    08-22-11 02:25 PM
    Don't forget to buy a leash for the beast
    Enjoy!
    08-22-11 02:28 PM
    Thanks folks! I should have picked up the 64GB one, I think.
    Now to get a nice case, probably the leather envelope, the stand, and the USB host support so I can plug my Happy Hacking Keyboard in.
    08-22-11 02:56 PM
    Check out the Otterbox... Great case if you travel a lot and it comes with a sweet stand. AND it's on sale, too! I have the Otterbox and the BB brand sleeve and I alternate depending on where I'm taking it.

Welcome to our exclusive early-adopter technophile club.
    08-22-11 03:28 PM
    i like positive opinions, they are so few and far between!
    08-22-11 03:59 PM
    Kobo ereader works great for me.
    08-22-11 04:10 PM
    And the 9900 arrived just now. How exactly am I now supposed to concentrate to work?
    LewLew23 likes this.
    08-23-11 08:07 AM
    Juraj, check out Epub Reader for a decent ebook app. There's some discussions in the PlayBook Software forum comparing the different readers out there because there are some pluses and minuses to each. I have the Epub Reader and think it's solid.

I'm going to pick up my 9930 after work today and am having an equally hard time concentrating. I really just can't wait for work to be over. Having to wait the past week until my contract was up was hard enough.

Enjoy your new devices. Although it sometimes seems like we're in the minority here, I love my PlayBook and think it's a great device. It does everything I hoped it would do and I've had it since launch.
    08-23-11 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD