I never had fingerprints on my laptop screen until about a month after I got my Playbook. I might have to get a screen protector for it!
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    10-16-11 06:56 PM
    The best is when you let an ipad user try the playbook for 15min and they go back to the ipad and try to do a bezel swipe Makes me smile every time.
    10-16-11 09:00 PM
    LOL totally! There have been so many times i tried to wake my 9800 by swiping. And then there are times I try to scroll on my laptop with my finger
    I catch myself doing that with my 9800. Every now and then i try to swipe across the screen to get it to wake up.
    I'm guilty of these too. I've also found myself double space bar tapping on PlayBook and laptop for period

I think its funny how we become trained by our devices.
    10-17-11 12:15 AM
    i was standing near my friends big screen sony led which he had his computer hooked up to and i tried to scroll down one web page by dragging my finger across the screen needless to say he wasnt too happy
    10-17-11 03:38 AM
    loool

Last week I tried swiping the door of a train open xD
    10-17-11 03:42 AM
    I often find myself trying to use the screen swipe gestures of the playbook on my 9850. I have a funny feeling one day soon all the screen gestures of blackberry devices will be standardized.

the most common mix up is trying to bring up/down the keyboard with a swipe from the lower left hand corner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 05:07 AM
    if you had a 9900, then you wouldn't have a problem lol
    10-17-11 06:57 AM
    My friend (ipad owner) used my playbook and after 10 minutes he finally got the gestures right. I was so happy when he tried swipping on his ipad later on.
    10-17-11 10:06 AM
    Hey Guys. So the weather is pretty bad in here...

That's not the point.. The power was down in here.. So i bridged my PB with my 9700 and started working on my PB (browsing and writing).

After a couple of hours the power came back and I found myself expecting a response when i press my Laptop Screen. Ha ha! same thing happened when I has Using my Bold.

Buttom line is: Has it happened to you: when you use your playbook for a while and start using another non-touchscreen device and expect it to work when you press the screen?
    I sometimes get my hands on the wife's Xoom, dam thing drives me crazy trying to get from place to place until I stop swiping and start pushing the home icon. Hate that Xoom compared to the playbook.
    10-17-11 10:29 AM
    I bought my wife an Ipad 2. She isn't very techy so when something needs to be done, I'm the go to guy. I constantly try swiping on that P.O.S., almost to the point of pissing myself off. My kids love my playbook, and said its fun to swipe everything. Its so addictive!!!
    10-17-11 12:29 PM
    It happened to me when I used a borrowed Playbook for a couple weeks and then went back to my iPad. I started swiping up from the bottom bezel to exit the app. Naturally, it didn't work...so I bought a Playbook of my own and ditched the iPad.
    10-17-11 01:07 PM
    No, but I push space twice all the time on my laptop and expect to get a . lol
    10-17-11 03:12 PM
    i do the same with my 9930 and my pb lol and my 9650 and laptop lol
    10-17-11 04:14 PM
    I'm still new to the PB but I try to type on it and on my laptop the way I do on my Curve--double-spacing for e period, holding down a key for a capital letter, typing contractions without the apostrophe expecting autocorrect to fix it, not capitalizing the word I for the same reason, and the alt and caps buttons are opposite on the PB so I keep hitting the caps when I want to use a number or symbol. I definitely spend too much time on my phone! It's just so darn portable and convenient compared to my laptop, especially at work.

I do have to admit, though, it is fun to use swipes and gestures instead of buttons.
    10-17-11 07:25 PM
    yea i think it feels a bit smoother/easier but thats just imho
    10-17-11 08:48 PM
    Ha I catch my self making all of the short cuts for my blackberry phone on my computer: double spacing expecting a period to pop up, typing wel and expecting it to change to "we'll", once in a while i caught my self actually holding down a letter waiting for it to capitalize by itself...mmmmmmmmmm instead of seeing"M"!

Too much blackberry baby!
    10-17-11 09:29 PM
    I have a 9800 and a storm before that, every time I pick up someone elses blackberry, no matter how old it is I still try to touch the screen thinking it's a touch screen. I also find myself swiping up on pretty much anything that even looks close to a tablet because I use my Playbook so much.

Weird how that happens eh!
    10-17-11 11:37 PM
    the screen on my curve 3g has far more fingerprints than i want to admit, just gonna have to buy a 9900 i guess...
    10-18-11 02:00 AM
    I carry a two phone (work/personal) and one being a 9930 and the other being a 9650. I always want to use the screen of the 9650 now that I've finally gotten used to the 9930. I don't usually try to touch my laptop screen, but I'm on a laptop all day for work, and the laptop is more ingrained in me than my Playbook.

I appreciate the PB gestures when I watch my friend operate his Xoom, and he gets ticked off every time the screen goes to sleep and he's searching for the power button.
    10-18-11 08:32 AM
    Hey Guys. So the weather is pretty bad in here...

That's not the point.. The power was down in here.. So i bridged my PB with my 9700 and started working on my PB (browsing and writing).

After a couple of hours the power came back and I found myself expecting a response when i press my Laptop Screen. Ha ha! same thing happened when I has Using my Bold.

Buttom line is: Has it happened to you: when you use your playbook for a while and start using another non-touchscreen device and expect it to work when you press the screen?
    I am very sorry about the damages in Guatemala. Nature can be a beguiling call to death sometimes and I will pray for the people of Guatemala.

On a lighter note, I have done the same thing you have done many times!
    10-18-11 08:39 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD