Hi,
    First of all, I have to say thank you to every one for this great community, you have been quite helpful introducing me to the BB world.

Said this... I have a problem with my "new" playbook, for some reason that I can't understand I haven't been able to connect it to my pc (W7x64/OpenSuSE13.2). I also have a Z10 (10.3.1) that works perfectly with Link and Blend, but even when I installed BB Desktop Software none of them recognized the Playbook. The Windows device manager shows it correctly installed but the BB device manager don't.

For cross check I have installed the BB desktop 7.0 on my old laptop (W7x32), it recognized the tablet at the very first attempt and everything works as expected but I didn't use this notebook anymore.

Is there any problem to use more than one software (I mean Link and BB Desktop together) ?
    Can I sync it through usb (not wifi) large files with any other software?

I already tried to setup a web/ftp server on my pc but the speed over wifi is quite disappointing (~1Mb/s) and the usb is supposed to be like 5 times faster.

Many thanks in advance and sorry for my english.
    01-08-15 03:10 PM
    Hi,
    First of all, I have to say thank you to every one for this great community, you have been quite helpful introducing me to the BB world.

Said this... I have a problem with my "new" playbook, for some reason that I can't understand I haven't been able to connect it to my pc (W7x64/OpenSuSE13.2). I also have a Z10 (10.3.1) that works perfectly with Link and Blend, but even when I installed BB Desktop Software none of them recognized the Playbook. The Windows device manager shows it correctly installed but the BB device manager don't.

For cross check I have installed the BB desktop 7.0 on my old laptop (W7x32), it recognized the tablet at the very first attempt and everything works as expected but I didn't use this notebook anymore.

Is there any problem to use more than one software (I mean Link and BB Desktop together) ?
    Can I sync it through usb (not wifi) large files with any other software?

I already tried to setup a web/ftp server on my pc but the speed over wifi is quite disappointing (~1Mb/s) and the usb is supposed to be like 5 times faster.

Many thanks in advance and sorry for my english.
    Sorry I have no idea
    01-09-15 12:55 PM
    Try Link only? I was able to do a successful backup and restore of my PB using Link. I never had any luck with the Desktop Software.
    01-09-15 01:09 PM
    Thanks for both answers, And yes, I already tried that but Link only recognize and list as available (but not connected) my Z10.
    01-09-15 05:29 PM
    On the Playbook, in settings, set the storage to connect to PC rather than automatic and see if that helps.
    01-09-15 06:38 PM
    The issue is resolved now. I've uninstalled everything, I've cleaned the registry, I've erased every folder (rim & blackberry), and then I started again from the scratch with just BB Link and it's working now. I also install again BB Blend with no problems.

I believe that in some point I messed up the drivers when I installed BlackBerry Desktop 7 after have installed BB Link.

Thanks for help.
    mh1983 likes this.
    01-12-15 06:46 AM