Hi, not posted in awhile,

Had a quick search but could not find anything...

I am currently having issues connecting my PlayBook to my laptop, running windows 8.1.

It seems to connect enough for me to view it in BB Link, or BB Desktop Software, I can back up the device, but I cannot put anything on it... In Link, for example, if I drag a file onto the window it does not allow me to drop it. and along the bottom bar it says 'Connection Error' when I hover over the PlayBook...

Any suggestions? Going on holiday in a week, and wanted to load it with films!
    09-26-13 03:37 AM
    Can you use wifi-sharing and just use drag/drop/copy? There's a link somewhere on how to setup wifi sharing on the pb.

The thing that has worked for some people is to go to Device Manager, find the pb/rim reference(s) and roll back the driver (yes, even it it was not updated or rolled forward)
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-26-13 08:39 AM
    Yes I have also had a similar problem since the recent OS update. When I connect to the PC the PB is not recognizing any media files on the PC.

Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 04:27 PM
    Yes I have also had a similar problem since the recent OS update. When I connect to the PC the PB is not recognizing any media files on the PC.
    The Playbook doesn't "see" files on any PC when connected by USB, though there are some apps available that will let it see files on a PC through wifi over your local network..
    09-26-13 04:59 PM
    Can you use wifi-sharing and just use drag/drop/copy? There's a link somewhere on how to setup wifi sharing on the pb.

The thing that has worked for some people is to go to Device Manager, find the pb/rim reference(s) and roll back the driver (yes, even it it was not updated or rolled forward)
    Cheers, I'll look into WiFi When I get home this afternoon. Sorry, could you elaborate at all on the roll back method, Haven't plugged my PB/Z10 into my laptop for a while. Where do I find that? Or is that on the PB itself? Feel really simple right now!
    09-27-13 06:43 AM
    Cheers, I'll look into WiFi When I get home this afternoon. Sorry, could you elaborate at all on the roll back method, Haven't plugged my PB/Z10 into my laptop for a while. Where do I find that? Or is that on the PB itself? Feel really simple right now!
    Connect your PB to your PC, then open Device Manager on your PC. Click on Blackberry, then "Driver". Here, you can choose "Roll Back Driver" if an earlier driver exists on your PC. If "Roll Back Driver" is grayed out, you could try "Uninstall Driver", and then disconnect and reconnect your PB to your PC and, hopefully, it'll reinstall the driver.
    Carl Estes and FF22 like this.
    09-27-13 07:11 AM
    Thanks, the WiFi transfers are working a treat, but God, it's slow!!
    09-29-13 03:01 AM
    Thanks, the WiFi transfers are working a treat, but God, it's slow!!
    I just find it so convenient (no cable, no potential stress on the usb port) that I don't worry about it. I start a transfer or multiple transfers and let it do its thing.
    09-29-13 10:31 AM