Why isn't my playbook able to connect to a wi-fi hotspot created by a galaxy S2...my friends with different smartphones can, some evo evolio tablet can also connect, but I can't...and if i can the internet connection drops for everyone.
    The OS on galaxy S2 is 2.3.3 i think...could it be a problem with his outdated OS or with my playbook?
    01-21-12 01:41 AM
    I could never get my pb connected to ad hoc type wifi. It only likes infrastructure wifi hotspot. If your friend is using wifi tether or barnacle you may have problems since those are adhoc.

Wi-Fi Modes - Wi-Fi Ad hoc Mode - Wi-Fi Infrastructure mode
    01-21-12 03:16 AM
    Wow...so playbook owners have to stick with this? I sure hope it would be changed in OS2...
    However...Evertime I created an ad hoc connection via my laptop it wouldn't even be visible in my playbook's wi-fi connections list...I can see the connection created with the phone
    01-21-12 03:48 AM
    Also...i think its worth mentioning thai i was able to connect to a friend's hotspot and access the internet (samsung galaxy s+) i think there is a problem with the sgs2 and the pb since tethering via bluetooth doesn't work either
    01-21-12 05:47 AM
    i have never had a problem connecting to any hotspot. i travel extensively with my pb and usually always find a hotspot if i don't have my bb with me.
    mike4444 likes this.
    01-21-12 05:51 AM
    I have no problem connecting to my wi-fi connection at home/mcdonald's/kfc/random malls or cafes...
    Only the one made by the sgs2
    and i wanna use it cuz that's the one with the unlimited data plan
    01-21-12 06:04 AM
    Wow...so playbook owners have to stick with this? I sure hope it would be changed in OS2...
    However...Evertime I created an ad hoc connection via my laptop it wouldn't even be visible in my playbook's wi-fi connections list...I can see the connection created with the phone
    Nonsense, I connect to hotspots all of the time. I have never had a problem regardless of what type. Cool, since I can now generate a hotspot with my 9930.
    Last edited by Sgian_Dubh; 01-21-12 at 06:14 AM.
    01-21-12 06:11 AM
    Does anyone know if I will be able to create a hotspot with my 9360?
    01-21-12 10:16 AM
    Does anyone know if I will be able to create a hotspot with my 9360?
    Is the BlackBerry 9360 capable of running BBOS 7.1? If yes, then yes.
    01-21-12 10:56 AM
    hot spots appearing here in London and my pb locks on no problems at all.....very nice!
    01-21-12 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD