Hi,

According to the IT guys at my university it is impossible to connect my PlayBook to the university's network. Seeing as they had never seen a PlayBook before I thought it might be smart to ask here.

I need to be able to connect to the network where I login with my university ID and password. The IT guys said I need TTLS and a PHP certificate. I don't know what this all means but to explain I posted the generals settings of the network and a link with more information and tutorials. Is it possible to connect to this network?

Settings
    VU -Campsunet
    Wireless network: 802.11a/b/g
    Name of network (SSID): VU-Campusnet
    Network authentication/encryption: WPA2 Enterprise/AES (WPA Enterprise/TKIP)
    Security protocol: 802.1x EAP-TTLS/PAP
    User name: VU-net-id@vu.nl
    Password: VU-net-id password
    Domain: @vu.nl
    External identity/roaming identity: anonymous@vu.nl

https://sducit.falw.vu/wiki/doku.php...sconfiguration

Kind regards,

Eduard
    01-17-12 09:14 AM
    We also have WPA2 Enterprise on Campus, but I connect just fine. I don't know what TTSL and PAP mean though. Maybe that's what's different.
    01-17-12 10:53 AM
    Does not make sense that a enterprise AES is unable to admit a PB. I personally think you asked a "too hard" question for them. Keep after them to give you an answer.
    01-17-12 10:59 AM
    The security protocol you mentioned is: Security protocol: 802.1x EAP-TTLS/PAP

EAP is a third party security program that needs to be installed on the Playbook in order to connect to the university's network. There is no way you are going to be able to sideload the security programs on the Playbook. And even if you could, you would need to work with the IT department to configure it. So your IT guys are correct.
    01-17-12 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD