Is it possible? how can it be done?

Recently a friend and i were trying to figure out how to transfer files from our respective devices, but i couldnt figure out how to pair the two PB's together. Is this functionality even possible? do i have to wait for OS2, or am i just missing something?

Also, im assuming theres a limit to file size when connecting through bluetooth.....like i wouldnt be able to transfer a whole movie would i?
    jigga2 likes this.
    01-03-12 04:12 PM
    Bluetooth is limited to keyboards, mice and Bridge pairing or - on OS2 - audio devices. I don't think RIM has announced file transfer functions, but they never announced audio gateway support either, it just appeared in OS2. Anyway, bluetooth is very slow. I wouldn't try to transfer a movie.

If you are both connected to Wifi you could use Dropbox or Box.net. Files & Folders (see sig) supports both. Both of those services impose a limit on the maximum file size though.
    01-03-12 06:51 PM
    Two Playbooks can be linked together via Bluetooth but there is no added functionality. You can't do anything really, once they are linked.
    01-03-12 07:17 PM
    Hook them up to the same WiFi network and use the wifi to transfer the files
    peter9477 and blcole like this.
    01-03-12 07:20 PM
    Two Playbooks can be linked together via Bluetooth but there is no added functionality. You can't do anything really, once they are linked.
    No wonder, I�ve spent hours pairing up my Playbook with my Laptop trying to transfer files and trying to use the laptop internet connection instead of my cell phone.

I do know how to transfer files using WIFI but that is only when I have a WIFI connection. I was looking for a way when I am out and about.

I could pair the devices but I could not do anything besides this. Wished I'd read this post before I wasted my time.

LMAO!
    01-03-12 08:03 PM
    For anyone who has a Win7 laptop, you can use connectify to have it broadcast a small wi-fi hotspot

Your Hotspot, Your Way - Connectify
    01-03-12 09:29 PM
    For anyone who has a Win7 laptop, you can use connectify to have it broadcast a small wi-fi hotspot

i already tried this but the connection drops off as soon as you try to use the browser.
    01-04-12 12:34 AM
    I don't understand what's going on. Blackberry is known for having many functions making it the best communication device. I understand the email calendar and bbm being missing but you would think some of the other functionalities that were not included would have been no brainers. I know 2.0 is around the corner but it worries me that this is what we are to expect from RIM. I really hope not
    01-04-12 08:13 AM

Please explain how connectify connects or becomes hot spot using my broadband dongle on my win7 laptop (way off topic, sorry. just interested)
    01-04-12 08:19 AM
    I don't understand what's going on. Blackberry is known for having many functions making it the best communication device. I understand the email calendar and bbm being missing but you would think some of the other functionalities that were not included would have been no brainers. I know 2.0 is around the corner but it worries me that this is what we are to expect from RIM. I really hope not
    Ya, i would think inter-connectability (is that even a word?) would be a pretty basic functioning, especially considering they went to all the trouble making the bridge app. They couldnt just have two PB's bridge to each other as well?
    01-06-12 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD