As the title says, how do I connect my playbook to my home network?
    To those who reply, please keep it simple, im not tech lingo savvy..
    Thanks in advance.
    06-24-12 08:54 PM
    1- Buy wi-fi router
    2- Find someone who can set-up a wi-fi router
    3- Set-up router with name and password (preferably just G setting as some routers with N don't cooperate with PlayBooks)
    4- Open up PlayBook options
    5- Go to wi-fi tab
    6- Turn wi-fi on
    7- Select your wi-fi name
    8- Select don't use WPS
    9- Enter password
    10- Happy PlayBooking

If you're talking about networking as in sharing files and stuff between a network of PC's and Laptops with a Playbook, I have no idea I don't do that lol.
    Last edited by jwn66; 06-24-12 at 09:40 PM.
    06-24-12 09:37 PM
    Won't repost what the user above me has already detailed, but if you are talking about accessing your PB wirelessly from a computer on the same network:

1) Make sure the PlayBook is connected to the same wireless network as the computer you are trying to use to access the PB with.

2) On your PlayBook, in the top right hand corner there is a gear symbol. Tap it. Got to Storage & Sharing and turn File Sharing ON, turn WiFi Sharing ON, and Turn Password Protect ON. Use a password that you will remember or, write it down somewhere securely.

3) Still in the settings, go to "About" (top left) and where is says "General", tap the drop down arrow and look for and select "Network". look for your IPv4 address. Write this down if you can't memorize this (NB: Write down only the black numbers not the grayed out ones)

4) On your computer (for Windows 7) hit the start button (windows logo in the bottom left corner) and type "run". Click the "Run" application that comes up.

5) You will need to type in \\xxx.xxx.x.x\ replacing the x-es with your IPv4 address that you found out in step 3. press enter.

6) You should be asked for a password. Enter the password you chose in Step 2 and you should be good to go from there.

If this isn't what you were talking about, no worries. Hopefully this helps someone else.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    06-24-12 09:56 PM
    if you have a wifi home network, it should be easy, try easy before you go deep into the tech weeds...
    06-24-12 10:01 PM
    1- Buy wi-fi router
    2- Find someone who can set-up a wi-fi router
    3- Set-up router with name and password (preferably just G setting as some routers with N don't cooperate with PlayBooks)
    4- Open up PlayBook options
    5- Go to wi-fi tab
    6- Turn wi-fi on
    7- Select your wi-fi name
    8- Select don't use WPS
    9- Enter password
    10- Happy PlayBooking

If you're talking about networking as in sharing files and stuff between a network of PC's and Laptops with a Playbook, I have no idea I don't do that lol.
    The password would be your security key# for your router.
    06-24-12 10:11 PM
    if you have a wifi home network, it should be easy, try easy before you go deep into the tech weeds...
    That is the question. Is your home network wireless?
    06-24-12 10:16 PM
    Okay, awesome! Will try tomorrow.. Thanks guys(gals)!
    06-24-12 10:16 PM
    The password would be your security key# for your router.
    Password will be the password he chose when setting up router...
    06-24-12 11:27 PM
    Password will be the password he chose when setting up router...
    Stand corrected
    06-25-12 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD