Online it says

Improved Android Application Support: Includes Multi-Window Applications, Camera Support and In-App Payments. We all love a richer app experience, and with the improvements to the Android runtime, that�s just what you�ll get. Running the applications in separate windows allows you to multi-task between Android apps easier, and in-app payments will make it easier for you to enhance your app content. Game on!

Does this mean im able to download android apps ???
    If so how
    Im seeing in other topic ppl saying the new update is good and the android apps are running good and some even say the android apps are crashing
    Idk how to get android apps . I dont see a playstore app on my pb i dont even see any new apps and my pb looks exactly the same . The last update changed a little and added some apps . I see nothing new
    And my pb did update correctly so i know that isnt the problem
    Can anyone help me out ?
    jsdhornby likes this.
    10-03-12 07:57 PM
    There have been hundreds of Android apps ported to QNX and are available in BlackBerry App World. There's no way to tell if theyre android apps until you launch them and see they're running in the Android player.

You can also sideload Android apps.
    10-03-12 08:04 PM
    You have been able to since 2.0 was released. There are a number of Android apps in Appworld. It's just hard to tell them from native apps.

You can also directly sideload them to your device using a PC or Mac. For more info on sideloading, please visit the sub-boards.

And welcome to the forums.

End of Line.
    10-03-12 08:06 PM
    Android apps in appworld ?? Like what ??
    All i see is the same stupid little apps im talkin about apps like temple run , netflix etc idk how to get those.
    10-03-12 08:14 PM
    You have been able to since 2.0 was released. There are a number of Android apps in Appworld. It's just hard to tell them from native apps.

You can also directly sideload them to your device using a PC or Mac. For more info on sideloading, please visit the sub-boards.

And welcome to the forums.

End of Line.
    All i see is the same stupid little apps im talkin about apps like temple run , netflix etc idk how to get those.

And i dont have a pc
    10-03-12 08:16 PM
    How about Bridge over Wifi? How does that work?
    10-03-12 08:19 PM
    If you don't have a PC, you're stuck with the selection in Appworld. Nothing can be done about it.

Bridge over WiFi works by using Wifi to speed bridge up, provided both devices are on the same network. You still need BT turned only but it will only he used to establish the secure connection. Wifi will handle the rest.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    10-03-12 08:20 PM
    Why do they always come out when an OS drops??? NETFLIX IS NOT COMING TO THE PLAYBOOK!! Please do some research before asking....

Like it has been said, some apps are sideloaded (from PC) or downloaded from appworld, and you cannot tell until you download if they are android apps or not.

Thanks for joining CrackBerry TODAY....
    StanWiz likes this.
    10-03-12 08:24 PM
    If you don't have a PC, you're stuck with the selection in Appworld. Nothing can be done about it.

Bridge over WiFi works by using Wifi to speed bridge up, provided both devices are on the same network. You still need BT turned only but it will only he used to establish the secure connection. Wifi will handle the rest.
    Soo wat ur saying is i need a computer to be able to get android apps ??
    & idk wat bridge is lol
    10-03-12 08:25 PM
    Playbook's Dolphin Browser and WordPress are android apps --- which you can download from appworld.
    Last edited by samab; 10-03-12 at 08:29 PM.
    10-03-12 08:26 PM
    10-03-12 08:31 PM
    Playbook does not access the android market and never will

When will they quit asking about every android app under the sun? Some sideloaded apps work and some don't some only work marginally. There are android apps in app world but not the ones everyone wants.
    10-03-12 08:31 PM
    Playbook's Dolphin Browser and WordPress are android apps --- which you can download from appworld.
    Wat can i do with that ?
    Or is it just a normal web browser
    10-03-12 08:32 PM
    Wat can i do with that ?
    Or is it just a normal web browser
    They are both free so download them yourself and see for yourself --- and stop asking stupid questions over and over again.
    10-03-12 08:41 PM
    Take it easy Jedis, he just might be the chosen and one

To young Skywalker, the force is around you... And reading helps too.

...And oh, where do I get Android apps again? Lol
    Last edited by jacob1369; 10-03-12 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Added post script
    10-03-12 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD