Does the new BBM deal with the concept of multiple devices for the same user? Do message you send show up as sent messages on your other device?(s)? Do messages read on one show as read on all?
    09-27-12 09:18 AM
    Does the new BBM deal with the concept of multiple devices for the same user? Do message you send show up as sent messages on your other device?(s)? Do messages read on one show as read on all?
    I personally don't know. I set my Dev Alpha BBM up as separate from my OS7 BBM. There was a option to pull in contacts from another BBID, but people have reportedly screwed up their old BBM contact list by using it.
    09-27-12 09:41 AM
    I live in Waterloo ON, 3km from HQ. Almost everyone I know has a BB.
    It's akin to driving through Michigan. Most drive Chev, Dodge and Fords but not to many Toyotas, Nissans and Hondas.
    Support the local economy.
    All i see is iPhones when im uptown on king
    09-27-12 11:12 AM
    Each device will still have its own PIN
    09-27-12 11:14 AM
    Each device will still have its own PIN
    Yes, but doesn't the new BBM use BBID now? That should allow it to work with multiple devices and yet they are all seen as a single contact.
    09-27-12 12:14 PM
    Yes, but doesn't the new BBM use BBID now? That should allow it to work with multiple devices and yet they are all seen as a single contact.
    It's going to have to.. can you imagine how frustrating it would be to have to add everyone to your contact list twice, once for their phones and again for their playbooks? And then when you go to message them.. having to remember which entry was which, message them on they're playbooks and not getting an answer after a while.. re-typing the message to their other entry.. I don't think so. It simply HAS to be one entry where the message will be sent to both devices, and I'm sure RIM is aware of this, and that it was one of the hurdles they wanted to overcome before launching bbm for playbook, accounting for at least part of the dealy.
    09-27-12 12:58 PM
    At the BBJam Americas I just attended, multiple RIM employees mentioned that BB10 is coming to the PlayBook as well.

The only thing possibly worthy of note though was the wording that was used, along the lines of "after we ship BB10 for phones, there will be a BB10 for tablets, this will be be available for the PlayBook"

The two tidbits I got there, were that some "thing" internally called - BB10 for tablets - is being created, and the use of the plural, tabletS.

I could be reading WAAAAAY too much into what I was being told, so don't shoot the messenger...
    09-28-12 02:16 PM
    Why is "native" BBM on the Playbook important to you if you have a Blackberry phone and bridge? I don't use the native PIM applications that are there now. Bridge kicks !

What am I missing? Not meant as a "gig". I just really want to know if there's something I'm not seeing....
    Not sure if anyone answered your question about what you're not seeing because I'm searching other things in the forums, but BBM native on the PlayBook and be able to BBM on the PB while on a call would be a big bonus, plus many PB owners do not have BB phones, I think up to 50% don't have a BB. They bought the PB because of the discount price and have gotten to like it. Not everyone likes BB phones, obviously, but the PB is a killer tablet for many non BB phone users.

Finally BBM via bridge does not support BBM Groups, personally I can be in over 3+ group conversations at any moment and having a larger screen will make it a lot easier.

Hope that answers you.
    12-08-12 08:18 PM
    Not sure if anyone answered your question about what you're not seeing because I'm searching other things in the forums, but BBM native on the PlayBook and be able to BBM on the PB while on a call would be a big bonus, plus many PB owners do not have BB phones, I think up to 50% don't have a BB. They bought the PB because of the discount price and have gotten to like it. Not everyone likes BB phones, obviously, but the PB is a killer tablet for many non BB phone users.

Finally BBM via bridge does not support BBM Groups, personally I can be in over 3+ group conversations at any moment and having a larger screen will make it a lot easier.

Hope that answers you.
    Does BBM on Playbook mean both wifi and 4G models? Or 4G models only with a data plan.
    12-08-12 09:44 PM
    Well i got excited when i saw this and then i realized that it was a revived thread with no new info. Native bb7 would be interesting. Using bbm voice on the playbook for those without a blackberry phone would be great.
    lewcat likes this.
    12-09-12 10:34 AM
    BlackBerryOS.com - BlackBerry And The Tablet, Whats Really Going On

They seem to still have hope. I'm a bit surprised that the crackberry community isn't pounding Alec Saunders and Michael Clewley on twitter...
    05-16-13 01:07 PM
    BlackBerryOS.com - BlackBerry And The Tablet, Whats Really Going On

They seem to still have hope. I'm a bit surprised that the crackberry community isn't pounding Alec Saunders and Michael Clewley on twitter...
    As neither of those people has any remaining credibility with me, it would be the waste of a tweet to pound them.

I am still somewhat astonished that anyone with a Playbook even bothers to quote AlecS in particular given his principal role in sending all those misleading tweets during the OS2 saga (Spring, Summer, Fall, etc).
    05-16-13 02:31 PM
    I cannot believe the show is wrapping up and they did not definitively address this! If I can't deploy a coordinated BB and PB system to my salespeople than I will need to look at alternative solutions. I am so frustrated with this and that CB didn't have the balls to be our advocates at the show.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB, Carterbits and bbpb_87 like this.
    05-16-13 03:03 PM
    Sobering thoughts: Although Frank Boulben said in Aug 2012: "we will be introducing BBM also on the PlayBook in the near future" The BGR Show - RIM's BlackBerry 10 Phones - YouTube, they suddenly can bring BBM to 2 platforms by summer, likely before the PlayBook?!
    05-16-13 05:07 PM
    I think you nailed it.

The PlayBook is an embarrassment to BBRY. It served its purpose to trial QNX now it's time for it to silently go away.

Another thought, most tablet manufacturers don't make much profit on them because of the comparison to smartphones which are rarely sold at full retail but subsidized through data plans. If tablets were advertised at full retail no one would buy them so they are knocked down to ridiculous discounts. Phone sales carry tablet profit losses for both Apple and Samsung.
    05-16-13 11:54 PM
    Sorry for double dipping but there's this little tidbit about a "Phantom Tablet"

BlackBerry
    05-17-13 12:17 AM
    Like always, very credible fonts!
    05-17-13 02:37 AM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD