[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sfqy16VBe04[/YT]
    This was posted on the BB insider blog...proof of what's to come with the Playbook. This looks amazing.
    Last edited by Princepia; 02-29-12 at 01:25 AM.
    braindigger likes this.
    02-29-12 01:23 AM
    Ummm yea I'm still waiting on the other stuff tat showed off a while back. If you haven't checked it out, go to YouTube and search tat playbook and check out some videos. I really want the media app they showed off a while back....talk about WOAH! It is visually amazing
    Last edited by BB-Bmore; 02-29-12 at 02:43 AM.
    blumstar likes this.
    02-29-12 02:31 AM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Ju8Dq2koQ[/YT]

This one is cool too and I really hope this becomes our native media app sometime soon.
    02-29-12 02:52 AM
    To me it seems that TAT and RIM could clean up the competition with there "look what can be done" demo's but they never see the light of day.

They need to stop showing what the PB can do and start doing it especially since they already have the apps working and spent the R & D money. I thought they wanted to market their products more?
    PatrickMJS and FF22 like this.
    02-29-12 06:45 AM
    In an article I read that a camera (web cam or other) is needed above the set of PlayBooks for Confetti to be used. What is this web cam for?
    02-29-12 06:51 AM
    I don't think any of these will be released until Cascades is released...
    02-29-12 07:02 AM
    I agree, we have been seeing these TAT videos for awhile now and I believed we would be getting some of it with the 2.0 update. This would have really made a huge impression on the public if it was included in that update.
    02-29-12 07:05 AM
    In an article I read that a camera (web cam or other) is needed above the set of PlayBooks for Confetti to be used. What is this web cam for?
    The PlayBook doesn't have near field communication (NFC), so the camera is used to make the PlayBooks "aware" of each other and their position(s) on the table as long as it remains within the field of view of the camera. That location data is, no doubt, transmitted to them over wifi. And of course wifi is being used for the file sharing and collaboration.

If RIM would release and advertise that feature, corporations, college students, and scientists would be buying PlayBooks in droves.
    02-29-12 07:28 AM
    The PlayBook doesn't have near field communication (NFC), so the camera is used to make the PlayBooks "aware" of each other and their position(s) on the table as long as it remains within the field of view of the camera. That location data is, no doubt, transmitted to them over wifi. And of course wifi is being used for the file sharing and collaboration.

If RIM would release and advertise that feature, corporations, college students, and scientists would be buying PlayBooks in droves.
    Ok. Thank you for the explanation
    02-29-12 09:00 AM

This version of the PB doesnt have NFC, and Bluetooth can also be used. Without the position data this application could still work, just would be static and not be as "slick". I could easily set position 1-x, and use it that way, I dont need to know if 5 switched places with 4 per se.
    02-29-12 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD