I had a 32 Gig Playbook delivered from Staples yesterday. I ran out and bought a charging pod at 50% off.

So far I am extremely happy with this thing. It browses flawlessly and the OS seems so natural after 5 minutes.

I do an IRC chat room thing during NHL Canuck games and I used to set up a laptop on a stand next to my recliner in front of the big screen tv. I was hoping that this little device would replace the laptop. So I downloaded the playirc free program and it connected with no problem and I was off to the races. I was having problems with the typing, never having used a touchscreen keyboard before. I found landscape was just a tiny bit too wide and portrait's somewhat cramped keyboard caused too many errors. After the second period was over I noticed a "use system keyboard" option in the program. The change to keyboard was subtle, but all of the sudden I could type quick and relatively error free in portrait mode. WooooHOOOO. The cool thing is that now I can go watch the game at a bar, bridge with my bold 9900 and join the chat room.

Now for my confession. It involves Angry Birds and the iPhone vs Blackberry bickering that seems to be so prevalent around here. When people want to ridicule Harley riders they usually bring up -less chaps. When people want to sneer at iPhone users, they usually get around to fart apps at one point or other. And for some reason that I could never grasp, Angry Birds and the fact that a Blackberry phone did not have it available figured prominently the "debates". I always thought: WTF is Angry Birds? Well, this morning I visited Appworld on my Playbook and spent $4.99 on the game. It is now 3:14pm and I have done nothing but play that game. In retrospect, I am glad that it was not available on my last two phones.

Happy Holidays to everyone.
    Last edited by andyJH; 12-29-11 at 06:20 PM.
    12-29-11 06:18 PM
    You should post this in the new playbook owner thread
    12-29-11 06:43 PM
    Yeah, Angry Birds can be addictive
    12-29-11 06:48 PM
    I had a 32 Gig Playbook delivered from Staples yesterday. I ran out and bought a charging pod at 50% off.

So far I am extremely happy with this thing. It browses flawlessly and the OS seems so natural after 5 minutes.

I do an IRC chat room thing during NHL Canuck games and I used to set up a laptop on a stand next to my recliner in front of the big screen tv. I was hoping that this little device would replace the laptop. So I downloaded the playirc free program and it connected with no problem and I was off to the races. I was having problems with the typing, never having used a touchscreen keyboard before. I found landscape was just a tiny bit too wide and portrait's somewhat cramped keyboard caused too many errors. After the second period was over I noticed a "use system keyboard" option in the program. The change to keyboard was subtle, but all of the sudden I could type quick and relatively error free in portrait mode. WooooHOOOO. The cool thing is that now I can go watch the game at a bar, bridge with my bold 9900 and join the chat room.

Now for my confession. It involves Angry Birds and the iPhone vs Blackberry bickering that seems to be so prevalent around here. When people want to ridicule Harley riders they usually bring up -less chaps. When people want to sneer at iPhone users, they usually get around to fart apps at one point or other. And for some reason that I could never grasp, Angry Birds and the fact that a Blackberry phone did not have it available figured prominently the "debates". I always thought: WTF is Angry Birds? Well, this morning I visited Appworld on my Playbook and spent $4.99 on the game. It is now 3:14pm and I have done nothing but play that game. In retrospect, I am glad that it was not available on my last two phones.

Happy Holidays to everyone.
    I call it aggravating birds. I have played it on my sisters iphone more then a few time and hand it back just before the phone flies through the air like an angry bird.

James
    12-29-11 06:51 PM
    angry birds? is that like this internet thong you kids are into? lol.

really though. i do the same at justin.tv. watch the game on computer full screen and chat on playbook. nice stuff.
    AsBloodRunsBlack likes this.
    12-29-11 06:59 PM
    Very nice post. It was good reading. Yeah i hated typing on this when i first got it but now i just love it. Soooo..... u are a canucks fan eh???? Gooo Oilers lol jk. :P Glad you like your playbook.
    12-29-11 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD