I doubt that we will se a good unlock screen at launch, but this is what I'm hoping for as an update. (It's not final graphics, so deal.)

Alternative lock:

this lock screen would give you general information at a glance
    turn the dial 360 degrees to unlock

I don't think personal data such as emails or FB updates should appear because it clutters the screen and it's a little bit of a security risk (or at least embarrassing if something very personal pops up when someone else has picked up your pb)

thoughts?
    Last edited by grahamf; 04-10-11 at 12:24 AM.
    04-09-11 12:55 AM
    It looks nice, but some icons seem kinda too big for such a high resolution display(the music controls would kinda make the device look generic). Its not polished enough...
    But then again, this is just my opinion... I like the calender and the weather widgets there, but the lock icon and the music controls are something else. But i'm well aware that there arent final graphics. And yes, a safe dial with a symbol to turn would be nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-11 08:43 AM
    Cool - I like your concept, but personally I would position it slightly differently and not populate every part of the screen. Otherwise cool work graham :P.
    04-09-11 09:04 AM
    Cool - I like your concept, but personally I would position it slightly differently and not populate every part of the screen. Otherwise cool work graham :P.
    Yeah, I think i'd make all the bottom components half size.
    04-09-11 09:30 AM
    simsim likes this.
    04-09-11 09:52 AM
    weather on the front isnt bad, i would skip the music controls since you have them available with the volume rockers. on the phone it doesnt look out of place (on my TB that is) but on a tablet it appears like you are just filling space.
    04-09-11 12:15 PM
    I think something simple like this would be kinda neat.

04-09-11 12:36 PM
    meh

hahahahaha.

OP is a humorous guy.
    04-09-11 01:56 PM
    Cool. I'd rock this if it was available.
    04-09-11 02:12 PM
    weather on the front isnt bad, i would skip the music controls since you have them available with the volume rockers. on the phone it doesnt look out of place (on my TB that is) but on a tablet it appears like you are just filling space.
    True. I somehow had forgotten about the volume keys.
    04-09-11 03:35 PM
    True. I somehow had forgotten about the volume keys.
    I'm not really down for the locker lock thing...not so much. I hated those locks as a kid - but it's a novel idea! I like the thought
    04-09-11 03:47 PM
    I like it and would buy it if you build it, although I think the music controls could use some nicer graphics.
    04-09-11 04:27 PM
    I like it and would buy it if you build it, although I think the music controls could use some nicer graphics.
    Yeah I'll redesign the media player. just haven't gotten around to it yet
    04-09-11 06:12 PM
    04-09-11 06:28 PM
    i like that better....i think weather and your schedule/calender would be most helpful.....remember this is a business device, not consumer
    04-09-11 07:22 PM

I really like that idea

I'm not really down for the locker lock thing...not so much. I hated those locks as a kid - but it's a novel idea! I like the thought
    Haha.. Bad memories from gym class?
    04-09-11 08:58 PM
    i like that better....i think weather and your schedule/calender would be most helpful.....remember this is a business device, not consumer
    Yes, but I am kinda against having personal data on the lockscreen. It may look nice, but it could be a security issue or at least be embarrassing if something very personal pops up.
    04-09-11 09:00 PM

Really like this .. Very simple and elegant
    04-09-11 09:04 PM
    I like those last two you posted up. Very nice. Although, those media player symbols should have better graphics. Nice job, can't wait for PlayBook!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-11 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD