Hi all,
    Since the new update my pc is not seeing my PB using either wifi or USB. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Gary
    04-19-12 12:36 PM
    at first my comp did not see my playbook after the update either,then it asked to install new drivers and Desktop manager 7,went smoothly,but still did not see it,so i unplugged (from comp) my playbook, then reconnected it and it saw my playbook,,, hope this helps
    04-19-12 12:41 PM
    Hi all,
    Since the new update my pc is not seeing my PB using either wifi or USB. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Gary
    When you have it in USB connection, give it a moment. Okay, give it a little more than a moment. Eventually the message will pop up on the PlayBook about new drivers that have to be installed and how you go about doing it. I have done it on my work pc and one of my home pcs so far. It's not difficult, nor does it take too much time, but it's a new process that you have to go through. Don't worry.
    04-19-12 12:42 PM
    ^^^^^^ basically dm closed. PB on, plug in go to my computer or computer, find rim drive, double click, installs dm and drivers.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-19-12 12:46 PM
    ^^ worked for me
    04-19-12 12:47 PM
    Thanks all. Will it wipe anything from my PB when I install the drivers?
    I have an important doc on there that I can't afford to lose.
    G.
    04-19-12 12:56 PM
    No it will not wipe anything. It just installs the things your computer needs.
    04-19-12 12:57 PM
    Thanks all. Will it wipe anything from my PB when I install the drivers?
    I have an important doc on there that I can't afford to lose.
    G.
    No. but it's always a good idea to perform a sync and a backup sometimes ... don't forget or you'll cry one day . Looks like it's a good time for you to start !
    04-19-12 12:58 PM
    Great thanks.
    G.
    04-19-12 12:59 PM
    Upon connection, I got loading, and then couldn't-load driver message windows on the computer. The DM loaded, but it read disconnected. I followed the tip on the only screen that showed on thr PB, saying that if drivers didn't load was to click on DM in the PB drive. I went to Start > computer > PB drive and clicked. An install wizard launched and then the rest was automatic. It did a very slow backup and installed a version 7 of the DM.
    04-19-12 01:32 PM
    Good info guys thanks.
    04-19-12 02:30 PM
    I do wonder if there could have been a less complex (confusing?) method of installing the new drivers? I guess if the computer has no Internet access, this is the way to get the drivers installed.
    04-19-12 03:16 PM
    Ok so I have had this. Problem on a few occasions this is what I do,click control panel then programmes find blackberry software and click this as though you are. Going to do an unistall.It then gives you an option to repair(choose this. Option )it will not fully go through with the full unistall install. That's not a problem go back reconnect usb and all should be good.hope this makes sense. Thanks tony
    Jamp72 likes this.
    04-19-12 04:41 PM
    I have this problem as well. I've installed all the drivers...twice. I've updated my OS via DM...twice.

No luck. Computer will acknowledge PB is plugged in, but I cannot access my files.
    04-19-12 05:59 PM
    When you have it in USB connection, give it a moment. Okay, give it a little more than a moment. Eventually the message will pop up on the PlayBook about new drivers that have to be installed and how you go about doing it. I have done it on my work pc and one of my home pcs so far. It's not difficult, nor does it take too much time, but it's a new process that you have to go through. Don't worry.
    arrgggggg. I followed these instructions because my win XP machine has never 'seen' my playbook. Finally tonite it connected. Then DM fired up and wiped my playbook. Lost all of my apps and my pics that I took on a trip that I just got back from yesterday!

@^%@&^%#*&$*%^(^%(!!!!!!!

My first PB problem since purchasing it in Feb.
    04-19-12 09:45 PM
    Sorry what happened but it doesn't just update your pb unless the update button is clicked.
    04-19-12 09:50 PM
    Sorry what happened but it doesn't just update your pb unless the update button is clicked.
    Agreed. I did click update when the popup box came up without thinking about it. I was just so glad that it finally connected, that I thought the popup was referencing the driver update since I had already done the software update.

I am currently doing a restore from my win 7 computer (from Feb) to see if I at least get my paid apps back (and my one android app).
    Disappointed that it did not do a backup before installing the software again (like the phones do)
    04-19-12 10:15 PM
    Similar problem: it would seem that OS 2.0.1.358 removes a key feature - like the ability to connect with a computer. Actually it sort of connects. BB Desktop Software reports that my PB is running OS version "0.0 Bundle 0" and that "Media Services Are Not Available" because "Your Blackberry device is not compatible with this feature". The PB no longer shows up as a drive.

BB Desktop Software wants to update my Playbook to OS 2.0.1.358 - even though it's already running it.

This is after uninstalling and re-installing BB software on my PC.

Oh, and BTW, OS 2.0.1.358 doesn't solve the bugs in OS 2, like the unreliability of the email.

More than 1 year on and RIM still doesn't have an enterprise-ready product.
    04-19-12 10:21 PM
    I keep hoping I will find a backup file with at least my pictures from my past week's business trip to LA. Had some really nice Santa Monica pics that I took.
    Last edited by QWKSNKE; 04-19-12 at 11:15 PM.
    04-19-12 11:01 PM
    Wow guys, yall are really having trouble w/ this. After reading this thread the first time I figured I would go ahead and get mine back synced up with my pc. As soon as I plugged my usb into the PB it opened up. I didnt get a message about installing drivers. So I reached over and looked on my desktop computer and it was still on the network. I hadnt plugged it up to the desktop yet. I dunno why I didnt have to install new drivers. Im not complaining. I just feel sorry for yall.
    04-20-12 10:03 AM
    Other seeing same issues:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nymore-717970/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...torage-718013/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rry-dm-717341/

It looks like it appears to be a Windows XP issue. But if everything was working fine before, it should all be working now.

So either the OS upgrade did something or the DM upgrade did something?
    04-20-12 11:40 AM
    Its not just an XP issue as i am having the same problem in Windows 7.
    04-20-12 11:59 AM
    Its not just an XP issue as i am having the same problem in Windows 7.
    I'm on vista and had being di*king around and wasting time for the last few days and still not working. replaced DM and reinstall the OS non works.

after reinstall DM windows installed the new driver when i plugged in the PB and then it just says connecting and initializing...

I'm pretty sure the update is the problem cuz my other PBs connects fine. won't be upgrading those PBs.
    04-20-12 02:14 PM
    This is absolutely ridiculous. Windows 7, 64 bit no longer recognizes my playbook after the pb update and countless desktop manager updates and software downgrades, restarting everything under the sun and messing with the usb cable. My pb says it's fine to transfer files, but my computer doesn't agree. My thought of an update would make things happier. Wrongo!
    soxypirate likes this.
    04-21-12 09:58 AM
    Other seeing same issues:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nymore-717970/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...torage-718013/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rry-dm-717341/

It looks like it appears to be a Windows XP issue. But if everything was working fine before, it should all be working now.

So either the OS upgrade did something or the DM upgrade did something?
    Yep. For me it is strictly a Win XP issue. Both of my Win 7 machines connect with no issue before and after the update
    04-21-12 11:09 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD