Yep. For me it is strictly a Win XP issue. Both of my Win 7 machines connect with no issue before and after the update
    Vista issue too and i'm one of them.

However after reading the new thread (see main screen) i was able to setup browsing using wifi but copying it sooooooooo slow.
    04-21-12 12:21 PM
    Happening with both my updated playbooks on Win7. Today was the first time I plugged it in since the update to swap out some videos and I can"t get it to connect. Says I have to install drivers, but that just spins for hours like it froze, then when I go to restart my pc with the PB plugged in, it won't shut down until I unplug it from the cpu usb.. You would think there might be a website that you could DL these drivers, incase the PB had issues, but no. I have spent about 6 hours of my day working on this with no progress trying different things short of wiping my PB which I refuse to do.

They need to come up with an official fix/update to this real fast, because my patience with Rim is growing thin.
    04-21-12 07:33 PM
    Hi guys I dunno what all yall have tried,but this will work. Ive played around with win7, vista, and xp. Go and uninstall DM in Start menu/Programs/uninstall Programs. Then plug your playbook into usb. Your going to have a few popups just follow them thru. This is installing DM 7.0. After you have it installed you will get message you have to disconnect/reconnect the PB to be able to use it. So use the "safe to remove" function on pc and unplug/plug the PB up. You will then see the drivers being installed. I know you seen it earlier let it go on. Once done you are good to go. Anybody having trouble let me know I'll do my best to help you. Ive been busy the last 2 days helping others out I know it can be aggravating.
    04-22-12 01:45 AM
    I have this problem as well. I've installed all the drivers...twice. I've updated my OS via DM...twice.

No luck. Computer will acknowledge PB is plugged in, but I cannot access my files.
    RIM tells me this is a sometime and known problem that will be fixed with an upcoming upgrade. Ought I to hold my breath?
    04-22-12 04:23 AM
    RIM tells me this is a sometime and known problem that will be fixed with an upcoming upgrade. Ought I to hold my breath?
    So RIM knows this is a problem for some/many? I have tried every solution on every thread, and no go for me.....the Desktop SW says I am "0/0" and offers the update, and I cannot get the PC to recognize the PB. Is there a silver bullet fix out there? Is this a "known" which I must live with until some magic update???
    soxypirate likes this.
    04-23-12 01:09 PM
    Have you uninstalled dm reboot and pluged in the pb with no dm on the computer?
    04-23-12 01:20 PM
    I was having somewhat of a similar issue, except that my PC would recognize my PB, but would automatically disconnect right away.
    I found out that the driver was set as "disabled" and not sure how!!
    Check out:
    my computer->device manager->blackberry and ensure that the driver is enabled.
    04-23-12 02:11 PM
    So RIM knows this is a problem for some/many? I have tried every solution on every thread, and no go for me.....the Desktop SW says I am "0/0" and offers the update, and I cannot get the PC to recognize the PB. Is there a silver bullet fix out there? Is this a "known" which I must live with until some magic update???
    Silver bullet? I dunno about that. Aight then so you tried what I suggested in above post? If so when you replug the PB into the PC do you see you PB in the network? If you do see it in the network while plugged up use the dimiss on the PB don't use safe to remove. Go and change the properties to not cache these devices. I found on some systems this keeps windows from seeing the PB until its plugge back in. On my network if I have the browser open windows won't see me. I dunno if that's before or after the update.
    04-23-12 04:59 PM
    Silver bullet? I dunno about that. Aight then so you tried what I suggested in above post? If so when you replug the PB into the PC do you see you PB in the network? If you do see it in the network while plugged up use the dimiss on the PB don't use safe to remove. Go and change the properties to not cache these devices. I found on some systems this keeps windows from seeing the PB until its plugge back in. On my network if I have the browser open windows won't see me. I dunno if that's before or after the update.
    Thanks for the tips....I actually don't understand how to do all that you described in your latest post. I have gone through the entire reload/reboot/disconnect/reconnect routine many times now, and I still have the same result. The Desktop s/w still says I am a "0/0", offers the upgrade which of course will fail if you go for it, the PB does not show up anywhere in "Computer" or network or anywhere. I do not really want to do some sort of complete PB wipe or whatever, everything was working fine just days ago. Any ideas are welcome....thanks for your interest.
    04-23-12 05:18 PM
    Thanks for the tips....I actually don't understand how to do all that you described in your latest post. I have gone through the entire reload/reboot/disconnect/reconnect routine many times now, and I still have the same result. The Desktop s/w still says I am a "0/0", offers the upgrade which of course will fail if you go for it, the PB does not show up anywhere in "Computer" or network or anywhere. I do not really want to do some sort of complete PB wipe or whatever, everything was working fine just days ago. Any ideas are welcome....thanks for your interest.
    Have you already updated the PB?
    If so go to control panel and uninstall the DM. Then plug the PB backup. You'll see DM getting installed. When Told to unplug and replug the PB backup. You'll see the drivers getting installed. Once done winsows should see you.
    Right click my computer select properties go into device manager. Click + beside drives. You should see usb. Right click it and select properties. Selt permission tab and check the statement that says don't cache these devices. Close everything out. To disconnect from the PC use the dismiss on the PB.
    Last edited by 13echo4; 04-23-12 at 05:59 PM.
    04-23-12 05:31 PM
    Have you already updated the PB?
    If so go to control panel and uninstall the DM. Then plug the PB backup. You'll see DM getting installed. When Told to unplug and replug the PB backup. You'll see the drivers getting installed. Once done winsows should see you.
    Right click my computer select properties go into device manager. Click + beside drives. You should see usb. Right click it and select properties. Selt permission tab and check the statement that says don't cache these devices. Close everything out. To disconnect from the PC use the dismiss on the PB.
    Thanks again for the advice. My PC will just not recognize my PB. I have done the uninstall and reinstall, load the drivers, unplug/plug in the PB, I just never get the PB recognized in "Computer" nor in the Desktop software. It still shows that I have load "0", and it offers the upgrade, which I already have installed. Is there any hope if I wipe the PB, or uninstall everything and start over? (Which I already have essentially). Thanks.
    04-23-12 08:51 PM
    This might be some pertinent information for those having issues connecting their PB to a PC. Mine would connect with no problems till I installed the browser pluggin prompted at the Appworld website. Then my PB wouldn't connect. Device manager saw it but couldn't connect it.

I uninstalled the pluggin and then updated the drivers in "device Manager" by choosing the "auto" procedure and the first time it found the drivers and installed them. Then I reinstalled the pluggin and the same thing happened again. So I uninstalled the pluggin and tried to reinstall the drivers the same way as before and the system couldn't find them. So I uninstalled my PB from the Device Manager menu, disconnected my PB and then reconnected it. The system automatically installed the drivers and all is good again.

I won't bother with that web browser pluggin anymore. By the way, I'm on a WinXP machine
    04-23-12 10:52 PM
    Thanks again for the advice. My PC will just not recognize my PB. I have done the uninstall and reinstall, load the drivers, unplug/plug in the PB, I just never get the PB recognized in "Computer" nor in the Desktop software. It still shows that I have load "0", and it offers the upgrade, which I already have installed. Is there any hope if I wipe the PB, or uninstall everything and start over? (Which I already have essentially). Thanks.
    Im wondering something. If you havent already will you download print to go and try to print something to the PB. If it does then windows can find it, its just not showing it. Then I think it has something to do w/ a setting on the router.
    Last edited by 13echo4; 04-24-12 at 04:46 PM.
    04-24-12 04:43 PM
    Im wondering something. If you havent already will you download print to go and try to print something to the PB. If it does then windows can find it, its just not showing it. Then I think it has something to do w/ a setting on the router.
    I'll see if I can try that....probably going to try a call to RIM support, hope that works out...
    04-25-12 11:38 PM
    I'm having the same issue - and after having problems with my curve yesterday, I getting really annoyed!!

I use my PB for presentations in sales meetings - Before I upgraded the OS I used to plug in my PB and it showed as a drive on my PC with files for Music, Docs, Video etc. I used to just drag and drop with no issue.

I installed and uninstalled DM and the drivers many times and no joy.

Everytime my PB finally connects, it says I'm on Software 0.0 Bundle 0 and offers the upgrade. The upgrade takes about an hour but looks to have gone through OK with DM giving instructions to disconnect and reconnect - but when reconnected it still says 0.0.0 and offers the upgrade again.

Presentations are my main use for the PB - other than personal browsing so until this is fixed I can't use it for business.

Not a happy bunny.

04-26-12 06:37 AM
    Any of you try dm7 from the beta zone?
    04-26-12 06:44 AM
    If you had your PlayBook mapped as a network drive, disconnect your PlayBook from the USB port. Open file manager on your computer, right click on the Playbook mapped drive and select disconnect. Open storage and sharing on the Playbook and select Windows or MAC in the USB selection , now plug the Playbook into the USB port and carefully follow the instructions to install the drivers. After it installs correctly, disconnect it from the USB port and then recreate the network mapping if desired.
    04-26-12 07:28 AM
    How to Transfer Files Between PlayBook and PC over WiFi | BlackBerry

I've used the above instructions to transfer the files over WiFi - it works for now.

NOTE - In instructions it says put password on, I didn't and it worked fine.
    04-26-12 07:34 AM
    Yesterday I found out I had the same problem as some in this thread (I don't use my playbook often, I have my iPad for daily use). My Win7 machine did not show/connect with my PB. I reinstalled drivers etc. Everything looked fine and yet no Playbook and BBDesktop software was telling me there was a problem with connection and that my OS version was 0.0. (believe me I am not a newbie to computer hardware/software setups and operations so please spare me the preaching as some have done in this thread - sometimes when people say they have done everything they really have done everything and things just don't work).

Today I tried my last resort - I typed in google: Playbook OS and long and behold I get a RIM link to a developer test of OS2.1 https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/register)

I registered and within an hour checked my PB for Software Updates where an OS update was waiting for me. I updated and my Windows magically all by itself noticed my PB. My BBDeskto Software is showing Software version: 2.1 Bundle 840 (not 0.0). Everything works again. I can go back and enjoy my iPad knowing that the playbook is working as it should
    08-16-12 03:32 PM
    I'm having this problem too. DM just constantly says "Connecting...". It will not "Connect".
    I've tried deleting and reinstalling BBDM and BBDrivers, as well as, restarting my pc and hard rebooting my PlayBook(running 2.1.0.840 beta). I'm trying to restore a backup from another PlayBook(latest official OS)that does connect.
    08-19-12 12:26 PM
    try this ,it worked for me�

-go to start>run and type msconfig
    -go to start up and disable all
    -go to services click hide all microsoft services, then disable all
    hope it helps thanks ,tony
    08-20-12 05:49 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD