Hi all.....Prior to upgrading to OS2 I was able to download video files, etc. wirelessely from my computer to my playbook. I had to of course.......enter my username and password and everything ..... and everything went fine.

Now however, when I try to transfer any files between my computer to the playbook....the box requesting my username and password comes up....I enter as usual my info......but it says "login failed"...please check your info again (or something to that effect). I have not changed my wifi password or username at all and can't seem to get in. I realize that I only have a few tries to log in ....and am at my wit's end trying to figure out what is wrong.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated. What alternatives if any do I have to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.
    02-25-12 04:16 PM
    I don't like having to use a password, so I disable it.

From the home page. swipe down, pick Security from side menu,--> Password and turn enable to OFF.Also under Security, check that Development Mode is turned off. Under Storage and Sharing, confirm File Sharing is on.
    02-25-12 04:24 PM
    Hi all.....Prior to upgrading to OS2 I was able to download video files, etc. wirelessely from my computer to my playbook. I had to of course.......enter my username and password and everything ..... and everything went fine.

Now however, when I try to transfer any files between my computer to the playbook....the box requesting my username and password comes up....I enter as usual my info......but it says "login failed"...please check your info again (or something to that effect). I have not changed my wifi password or username at all and can't seem to get in.
    For the moment we shall consider you are using the WiFi file sharing feature rather than some other means. The password is the file sharing password, if set on the BlackBerry PlayBook in the Storage & Sharing section, not the tablet security password nor the WiFi access point password. Try setting a new password for Storage & Sharing. After the OS 2.0 upgrade I did not experience the reported problem so blaming the upgrade is disingenuous at best.
    02-25-12 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD