02-06-12 10:58 PM
60 123
tools
    you have to remember asus does laptops, desktops, PC components etc. So they can probably bring down the pricing a little easier than other companies. Also they probably dont mind making a little less profit on each one of them. That is what a lot of people do to get a better sell thru rate.
    02-06-12 11:45 AM
    I think Transformer Prime definitely has the firepower to be a competitive tablet. I agree with others that QNX on a machine like that would be out of this world. If RIM can nail the PlayBook 2 and gain consumer interest, they'll have a real winner on their hands. Of course, their flailing stock price keeps getting me worried. It's coming down to the wire for RIM and they need to really execute flawlessly. If they launch PB OS2 without a hitch, launch PlayBook 2 perfectly, then surprise us with an early release of London, I think they can bounce back big this year.
    recompile likes this.
    02-06-12 11:49 AM
    I was a hardcore Android fanboy. My first smartphone was a BB Pearl 8120. I liked it until I switched to the Android G1. I confess that I was hooked on it until 2 weeks ago. I have gone through a series of Android phones (1 every 3-4 months) and my wife went through an iPhone 3G and a 3GS. I used to have an iPad and also an Acer A500. My wife has an Acer A100 with Honeycomb 3.2.1 installed.

Two weeks ago my job provided me with a BB Torch 9800, so I went a bought a PB (yes, I bought it at Best Buy for $179.99, couldn't pass the deal), and I must say that I am VERY impressed with both of my BB products. Though I still like Android, I think I will be buying more BB products because of the UI and how SMOOTH it is.

I have had all my Android phones and tablets rooted and with a lot of customization done including performance scripts, etc, and my PB outruns ALL of them combined. Now, my PB is not even rooted and it is completely stock. I dont think I will be doing anything to it since it runs soooo smooth and lag free.

Blackberry is making exceptional product and I think they just need much better advertising. They need to get their products in people's hands so that they can realize and acknowledge, like I did, that their products are GREAT!!!!!
    Last edited by marcos7165; 02-06-12 at 03:47 PM.
    purijagmohan likes this.
    02-06-12 02:43 PM
    Honestly, I think Blackberry BBX/10 OS, Windows Phone OS, and iOS all run much more smoothly than Android OS. The biggest thing Android OS has going for it right now is the number of free apps (including some desirable free apps) it has compared to everything else, including iOS.

I'll be interested to see how smooth BB BBX/10 functions once the OS is updated to have a native e-mail client. I don't think it will make a big difference, but there may be a bit of a hit. Probably the bigger impact of a native e-mail client will be on battery life, but how much that impact will be remains to be seen.
    02-06-12 04:19 PM
    All I know is that I have a PB as well as an Acer Android tablet. There is NO lag on the Acer. It runs quickly and smoothly, on Honeycomb (so far). I can't see any difference in function between it and the PB. At the moment the Android is far more functional, but OS2 should change that. The Android bashers have obviously not spent much time with a variety of Android tablets. The Android Market, of course, is still the killer difference, with huge numbers of great apps, many free, and generally the paid ones are cheaper than their PB counterparts. And many paid apps on App World are free on the Android Market.
    I think the PB has great potential, but don't kid yourselves, Android is a great system also.
    And you do not need to "close" Android apps in the background. They do not interfere with the running of new apps, and do NOT take memory from those new running apps. It's the nature of Android - read about it.
    I gotta agree. I have a Samsung Tab 10.1, and it is not laggy. In fact, according to some browser tests I ran and posted earlier, its Android browser is faster than the Playbook's browser (not enough to get excited about). I haven't yet played with the Transformer Prime, but suspect the OP had a lemon. Android has a few quirks that I don't appreciate; but, it is a very good tablet OS, and at this point is more mature than the PB's QNX. Sorry folks, I like my Playbook, but that's just the way it is.
    02-06-12 05:33 PM
    I gotta agree. I have a Samsung Tab 10.1, and it is not laggy. In fact, according to some browser tests I ran and posted earlier, its Android browser is faster than the Playbook's browser (not enough to get excited about). I haven't yet played with the Transformer Prime, but suspect the OP had a lemon. Android has a few quirks that I don't appreciate; but, it is a very good tablet OS, and at this point is more mature than the PB's QNX. Sorry folks, I like my Playbook, but that's just the way it is.
    More mature in terms of available features doesn't = better OS software performance. Using the car analogy I'll take a better engine if that means giving up power windows and locks.

Sent from my Atrix using Tapatalk
    02-06-12 07:26 PM
    I really like my Playbook as well and do like it better than the current crop of Android products however I am really concerned about the Playbook Apps. Not any news but it is depressing to see no love given by the developers to AppWorld.

Traveling on planes you see Apple and Google products everywhere, mostly being used for entertainment. While my 9900 is almost pure business, my Playbook does get used for some fun things in addition to bridge functions.

I do get a bit jealous seeing the apps in use across the aisle or during the walk to the head. To me this is the only point that does have me looking at what everyone else is doing on their tablets. You do get to see a variety of tablets in action on a plane.

It would be interesting to see RIM push its sales numbers from the last couple months as they must have had some super numbers. Android tablets will continue to evolve and get better because they have a user base to demand improvement. Here's to hoping OS2 and the access the 'droid market pushes our user base up and the developers follow.
    02-06-12 07:28 PM
    For me, I love me my Playbook. People can say whatever they want about Android this, IPad that and blah blah blah. It doesn't bother me, I still love me my Playbook.
    02-06-12 10:05 PM
    i am so excited about the release of os2.

i want to see the specs of os 2.0
    02-06-12 10:41 PM
    I've heard on a few occasion; the PlayBook is the second best tablet. Ipad being number one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    now this is funny.mhahaha lol
    02-06-12 10:58 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD