I purchased my 16G PB nine days ago. Since the first day I have had browser issues. Pages will not load completely or video streaming will stop. This can be remedied temporarily by turning off wifi and turning back on. However, if opening multiple browser pages or streaming video the problem will persist. This has occured on multiple routers with the router being reset as well. Also, when i try to put the device in standbyusing the application and not the hard button, it restarts and does not go into standby mode. Other than these two issues I am thoroughly pleased with my PlayBook. Are these bugs anyone else has suffered? Should I hope OS2 helps? Should I exchange the device?
    10-04-11 09:10 PM
    wipe and reinstall the OS
    BBMM likes this.
    10-04-11 09:28 PM
    Try a full wipe, then re-install the OS. I know that worked for me when I first got my PB.

Edit:
    sam_b77 beat me by a second.
    BBMM likes this.
    10-04-11 09:29 PM
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot and get back to ya.
    10-04-11 09:37 PM
    If wifi issue returns exchange it. Fought with same issue and finally called in and got rma. This one has no issues with wifi. I tried everything including new routers and configuration setups.
    BBMM likes this.
    10-04-11 10:54 PM
    Had the same issues with wifi with the PB( error messages on browser, slow loading videos and etc) my problem was a lack of available bandwidth from the network. My router gave me an option to set an SSID for my friends and one for myself. Apparently it was splitting the bandwidth in 1/2... I deleted the "friends" SSID and voala, the load times have been much faster and HD youtube videos play without stopping.
    BBMM likes this.
    10-05-11 12:46 AM
    i just posted this but...
    This is the best tablet browser around WHEN IT WORKS!!!

I keep getting that stuck loading bar and it is most prominent when writing emails or replies and hitting the send button. Now I am in the habit of copying my text before hitting send in anticipation of failure. Then I have to refresh the page paste what I just copied and then it finally sends. PITA!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-05-11 01:14 AM
    i too am having issues with wifi on the PB. The browser is awesome when it works. some not all web pages load 1/3 of the way then stall. Then 10 seconds later the page finishes loading. Is there an optimal wifi setting for PB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 01:27 AM
    ...last OTA Update seemed to fix the problem, or at least make it better. I still have to turn wifi off and on when waking up from stand-by mode though.
    10-10-11 01:29 PM
    I did not have the WiFi issue, but I did have my PB not want to stay in Stand by. It turned out my Apple Bluetooth Keyboard would occasionally turn on while in my laptop case and connect with PB. As long as there was a connection, PB would not stay in stand by. Not sure of it would also have effect on WiFi etc....
    10-10-11 01:40 PM
    My biggest issue has been the volume rocker and GPS. Have had 3 exchanges on PB and decided to return the PB. Will consider buying one after OS 2 upgrade and hopefully will not encounter the same problems
    10-10-11 10:38 PM
    My biggest issue has been the volume rocker and GPS. Have had 3 exchanges on PB and decided to return the PB. Will consider buying one after OS 2 upgrade and hopefully will not encounter the same problems
    Never heard of this "volume rocker" problem and you say that you encountered it three times? Not sure I'm buying what you claim.
    10-10-11 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD