Started off as the only PB user here in the office. Now we have 5, and possibly more on the way. PB sells itself, the recent prices don't hurt either.

Hope OS2 doesn't disappoint, as I've told them that a lot more apps are on their way via Android. The newest one was on the fence wanting an e-reader, I told him Kindle would work in 2.0. so he went ahead and pulled the trigger.

It's great that RIM has created some mindshare with these sales as the PlayBook is now on the radar, whereas before they were like, "what's that?".
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-06-12 02:12 PM
    Started off as the only PB user here in the office. Now we have 5, and possibly more on the way. PB sells itself, the recent prices don't hurt either.
    If only it cold "sell itself" at a price at which RIM could turn a profit, RIM might really have something.
    01-06-12 02:20 PM
    Your commission is our appreciation and knowing that you have contributed to the ecosystem which is more likely to be further developed. If that's not enough I will buy you a beer and press the like button! Just think if everyone talks just one person into buying a playbook we have doubled the user base. Those 5 may just do that.

Thanks for your effort!
    We can make this thing take off as it deserves to.

BTW what is your profession and how is playbook used?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 01-06-12 at 02:45 PM.
    01-06-12 02:38 PM
    If initial PB reviews hadn't have been so negative and in some cases misleading or poorly interpreted by readers, I have no doubt RIM would have sold many many more.

I recall back in May 2011 my boss said he would have bought a PB if he could have checked his email on it but he had heard you couldn't. He bought an iPad. We all have company BB phones on BES.
    Not everyone is tech savvy (i.e. my boss) so when they hear "it doesn't have native email" that often translates into "I wont be able to check my email on it so I'm not getting one".

Today, 8 of the 40 employees in our office own at least one playbook, including my boss who just got one a couple weeks ago after I showed him how the bridge works with his BB. I showed him how to check his OWA email, and personal webmail via WiFi/Internet. He still has the iPad too.
    Last edited by pmccartney; 01-06-12 at 02:51 PM. Reason: sp.
    01-06-12 02:48 PM
    Your commission is our appreciation and knowing that you have contributed to the ecosystem which is more likely to be further developed. If that's not enough I will buy you a beer and press the like button! Just think if everyone talks just one person into buying a playbook we have doubled the user base. Those 5 may just do that.

Thanks for your effort!
    We can make this thing take off as it deserves to.

BTW what is your profession and how is playbook used?
    The like button will do . Anything to get more people in the ecosystem and make our PBs a better product is reward enough.

I'm in real estate, and I've used the PB to take notes on the road, photos of properties, and bridge to share/email them. Evernote is a killer app for real estate professionals.

Now with our new PBs... all we're doing here in the office is video calling each other for kicks. Grownups and their toys.
    01-06-12 03:07 PM
    I've got two people coming round at the weekend to be convinced. I don't think it will take long for me to seal the deal.

And me a lifelong Mac Monkey!
    glennster28 likes this.
    01-06-12 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD