So has anyone seen this new webseries by comedy genius Jerry Seinfeld? Okay I tried to watch it last night in my dad's pc. It's a great machine that usually plays 1080p videos without any hassle. This site's video streamed very laggy. My brother's pc, also a well stuffed animal, same thing major lag. My own laptop, 4 gigs memory good processor, seemless 1080p playback, Blurays even: laggy streaming.

The Playbook however: No lag at all. FLAWLESS! How in is this possible? Any tech guys able to explain why such a little device outruns 4 Major pcs?

Larry Eats A Pancake - Larry David - Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee
    deswayze and robtanz like this.
    07-21-12 04:40 AM
    The video is 720P. Try another browser on your PCs. Different browsers handle the video download differently. IE only downloads a few seconds ahead of the stream, while Opera and Firefox pulls the stream in at full speed so the total video is downloaded about a quarter way though the stream. As such, Opera and Firefox seem less prone to lag. and if they do, it seems to happen only early on in the vid.
    07-21-12 07:38 AM
    Thanks! I love Larry David. Pure genius.
    07-21-12 07:56 AM
    ...The Playbook however: No lag at all. FLAWLESS! How in is this possible? Any tech guys able to explain why such a little device outruns 4 Major pcs?...
    Here is why; The streaming server detects the overall performance capabilities of the playback device and adjusts the quality level for the device and network performance. The PlayBook was determined to have limited video playback compared to the PCs. So the streaming service backed down the bandwidth. I take advantage of this feature to stream video more smoothly by using Bridge during the performance assessment phase and WiFi to actually stream. It does not always work but when it does, I trade quality for smooth playback.
    07-21-12 08:14 AM
    Here is why; The streaming server detects the overall performance capabilities of the playback device and adjusts the quality level for the device and network performance. The PlayBook was determined to have limited video playback compared to the PCs. So the streaming service backed down the bandwidth. I take advantage of this feature to stream video more smoothly by using Bridge during the performance assessment phase and WiFi to actually stream. It does not always work but when it does, I trade quality for smooth playback.
    So you're saying it's smoothness over quality? But the stream still looks like at least 720p on the Playbook. Or did I misunderstand your explanation?
    07-21-12 09:11 AM
    The video worked an looked great, but when did Jerry Seinfeld turn into Gilbert Godfrey?
    07-21-12 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD