That's good to hear you have 138 apps including GPS support.

Could you share these apps you are commonly using with the rest, including GPS? I find it difficult to find anything that are worth the price, and very difficult to find one without paying for it first (there are few that have trial versions for free, which is nice).

If most people aren't able to find 138 useful apps like yourself, there must be something seriously wrong with something.

Oh, I have no sympathy over someone's hard work if the app still sucks.

By the way, none of the android apps I currently use on my PB are available on App World, except the Ghost Commander.

It also doesn't help that the Android apps cannot inter-operated with native PB apps, such as video player or office apps.
    I'm not sure I understand your statement about Android apps not inter-operating with PB apps, can you clarify what you mean here?

The Android apps won't appear in App World for those running 1.0.8, only those running 2.0. In addition to my 32GB and my wife's 64 GB (both on 1.0.8) I have a 16 GB running the 2.0 beta where I can see and run the Android apps in App World.

As to a list of the apps I have installed and use, I may do that when I get a chance. In another post I gave a "short" list of some of the apps I use and how I use them. You can read that post here.
    02-05-12 03:45 PM
    I'm not sure I understand your statement about Android apps not inter-operating with PB apps, can you clarify what you mean here?

The Android apps won't appear in App World for those running 1.0.8, only those running 2.0. In addition to my 32GB and my wife's 64 GB (both on 1.0.8) I have a 16 GB running the 2.0 beta where I can see and run the Android apps in App World.

As to a list of the apps I have installed and use, I may do that when I get a chance. In another post I gave a "short" list of some of the apps I use and how I use them. You can read that post here.
    Android apps aren't aware of native PB apps and vice versa. For instance, you can launch Ghost Commander and have a video file played, only through another Android player, cannot use PB's native video player.

I do not know how this is going to be resolved in 2.0 release but some of these may remain as limitation.

I've been running 2.0 as long as it's been available. Android Apps in App World don't include many good once I use (last I checked) regularly. Of course Kindle may never show up on App World and Kaiten, Touchdown should be obsoleted once 2.0 release comes out.

I do enjoy Dilbert app a lot, and it is also an Android app currently not available on App World.
    02-05-12 04:31 PM
    Android apps aren't aware of native PB apps and vice versa. For instance, you can launch Ghost Commander and have a video file played, only through another Android player, cannot use PB's native video player.

I do not know how this is going to be resolved in 2.0 release but some of these may remain as limitation.

Are you sure about this? From Ghost Commander I just tapped on the HD demo video and it opened in PB's video player and played just as if I had opened it in the player itself. When tapping on an image in Ghost Commander I am given a choice of whether I want to open in GC or Picture viewer, so it seems this is somewhat under the control of the developer. I also tried the Android Craiglist App and when choosing the city list it also gave me the option of loading with the PB browser or the LastPass browser. Both worked fine.
    02-05-12 08:39 PM
    Are you sure about this? From Ghost Commander I just tapped on the HD demo video and it opened in PB's video player and played just as if I had opened it in the player itself. When tapping on an image in Ghost Commander I am given a choice of whether I want to open in GC or Picture viewer, so it seems this is somewhat under the control of the developer. I also tried the Android Craiglist App and when choosing the city list it also gave me the option of loading with the PB browser or the LastPass browser. Both worked fine.
    You're right. This appears to be resolved with latest beta. It does appear to be a function of Android Player, not the app itself so Android Apps don't need to be modified to support this. This is a necessary step toward making Android Player useful on PB.

Now I need to go back and check all those things that weren't working before.

Edit: Not sure if it's beta update. I thought I had old ghost commander side loaded but that one's been replaced with one from App World, so it is very possible these are app functions as you said. I'm hoping it's not, but we'll see.
    Last edited by conix67; 02-05-12 at 09:34 PM.
    02-05-12 08:53 PM
    He's comparing prices when they were all on sale at the same time, last year. Both PB 16GB and Lenovo Ideapad A1 were priced at $199.
    Ok, you still pay more for the idea pad and get less...
    02-05-12 10:20 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD