That idjit looks like he belongs with the rest of those ultra-biased radical doosh nozzles on MSNBC.
    EVILLBURRITO likes this.
    02-03-12 01:42 PM
    LMAO this guy should be shot.

Here is the link for the $199 IdeaPad that he posted... which clearly states that it is $249 with a SINGLE core processor and 512MB RAM

Why does this guy have a job?

Not to mention that the price of a 32GB SD card is around $40 (first one on amazon)
    (Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card TS32GSDHC10E: Amazon.ca: Electronics)

which would bring your inferior spec'd 48GB tablet to a total of $300 BEFORE tax

OH, WAIT.

Playbook is $299 for 64GB 1Ghz Dual core and 1GB RAM

someone post this on that piece of crap site, im not even going to bother signing up
    02-03-12 01:49 PM
    Wow...this CNET article is the de-facto proof of the problem with information available on the Internet. Most of it is opinions, and like I always say opinions are like a55holes, everyone has one. Terrible writing, no fact checking, just wow. I guess this is what passes for journalism today. It's a sad time we live in.

I think this statement from the article speaks the best about the quality of research done and in general the smarts of the author.

This last hasn't changed since last month, when RIM made the curious move of pricing all PlayBook models at $299. (Um, yeah, think I'll take the one with less storage. Right.)
    02-03-12 02:00 PM
    Yes, FSeverino, but the "experts" here want games, games, more games, and 'rrhoids to go along with their games, not to mention the "eco system" has to have a hundred quadrillion apps, of which your average normal person may actually buy 4 or 5, download an additional 5-10 free apps, and wind up using on a regular basis, 3 or 4 of those after market apps. It is clear, judging by the "experts" here, PB is a big fail, and RIM is dying, and BB phones are dated. If I ever in my lifetime listened to anybody like the abundant naysayers we have on this forum, I would be living in my Mother's basement, sitting behind a PC in my dirty yellow stained underwear, hammering away at the keyboards, posting vitriolic lies about how the PlayBook, BB phones, and RIM suck. The silver lining to all this is that I LMAO almost everyday reading some of the BS these "player dilitantes" post.
    02-03-12 02:06 PM
    Just let them know how you fell, leave a comment.
    done.

Yep, did that. Several in fact.
    Jake2826 and peter9477 like this.
    02-03-12 02:38 PM
    Just because somebody is in a certain position doesn't mean he is there because he's capable.
    ....case in point: RIM's former CEO's
    02-03-12 02:41 PM
    Yepperz...
    Applies to 90% of politicians and bankers as well...
    02-03-12 03:23 PM

Here is the link for the $199 IdeaPad that he posted... which clearly states that it is $249 with a SINGLE core processor and 512MB RAM

Not to mention that the price of a 32GB SD card is around $40 (first one on amazon)
    (Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card TS32GSDHC10E: Amazon.ca: Electronics)

which would bring your inferior spec'd 48GB tablet to a total of $300 BEFORE tax

OH, WAIT.

someone post this on that piece of crap site, im not even going to bother signing up
    done.
    10 letters.
    peter9477 and black hole like this.
    02-04-12 05:32 AM
    And the PlayBook lacks GPS, another feature that gives the IdeaPad a leg up. Update: My bad! The PlayBook does indeed have GPS. Anyone know if it works offline (i.e. without Wi-Fi assistance)?
    I love how even in his 'retraction' he hasn't bothered to do any fact checking.. He puts this opinion out there obviously without ever using one, or he wouldn't have to ask his readers to fill him in on whether or not a feature works. Isn't that kind of his job as a tech writer to tell us about the products he's writing about? What a total f'n joke!

Did you see he even screwed up his plug for the iPod touch? He says that it's a 4th generation with a retina display, but it really isn't. The 4th gen iPod Touch doesn't use the IPS panel for the display so it's not really a retina display, just has the same resolution as one but with sh!tty off-angle viewing. I should know since I actually own one...
    02-05-12 02:47 AM

OH, WAIT.

He's comparing prices when they were all on sale at the same time, last year. Both PB 16GB and Lenovo Ideapad A1 were priced at $199.
    02-05-12 07:57 AM
    Utterly nonsense. While the former CEOs are being criticized for bringing RIM into what is today, they are also the ones who made RIM to where it once was before. They were and are far more capable than many others.
    02-05-12 08:00 AM
    USB Host mode is coming
    Is that based on anything other than hopeful optimism?
    I've seen a hack video where a guy did it with OS 2.0 beta but I haven't read anything from RIM saying so.
    I'm optimistic too. I've already ordered a USB-OTG cable.
    02-05-12 08:23 AM
    Typical of many cnet articles, they write to feed the popular thoughts surrounding the latest peaks and valleys of technology.
    02-05-12 08:50 AM
    Yeah I saw this when it first came out and I got so frustrated and wrote a nasty comment. I am done with cnet.. I know it's not a conspiracy or anything but it feels like apple has everyone in their back pocket and these sites eat it up.

In his comment he said sorry I didn't read the specs sheet right.. I don't give a crap who you are if you are a tech writer and don't even bother to hold the device in your hands for an hour, that you are writing about, that is the most lazy way of doing your job! Hate this type of journalism!
    02-05-12 09:01 AM
    That idjit looks like he belongs with the rest of those ultra-biased radical doosh nozzles on MSNBC.
    uhmmm excuse me? i like msnbc AND i love my PB. And i'm none of those things... let's try to keep this forum civil!
    02-05-12 09:24 AM
    Other than the GPS slip, he didn't exactly "bash" the device. He seemed to be asking folks what they think about the pricing...

Don't really get the uproar...

Much ado about nothing...
    02-05-12 09:30 AM
    Other than the GPS slip, he didn't exactly "bash" the device. He seemed to be asking folks what they think about the pricing...

Because the 20-year-plus experience "Expert" failed to do his homework before unloading his fairy tale to the masses. If he wrote about an iPad, he would have even counted the solder joints on the mainboard just to brag.
    02-05-12 09:42 AM
    LMAO this guy should be shot
    Supremely intelligent thing to say my man.

Cheers to you on Super Bowl Sunday!!

Go Giants!!!
    02-05-12 09:50 AM
    uhmmm excuse me? i like msnbc AND i love my PB. And i'm none of those things... let's try to keep this forum civil!
    Careful friend... A poster on this thread is calling for folks to be sh*t...

Civility got on the bus and left this thread a long time ago...

Cheers!
    02-05-12 10:12 AM

"RIM's 7-inch BlackBerry PlayBook is likely to suffer a similar fate" (Reference to the HP Touchpad).
    "In short order you could find yourself with a tablet that app developers have more or less abandoned."

Both of these statements are based on nothing more than the author's opinion of a product he's never used.
    He's telling the world about a good (cheapskate) deal and asking folks what they think of the pricing then shooting down the product without knowing anything about it other than an opinion he developed from reading other articles without research.

Remember the telephone game when you were a kid?
    02-05-12 10:45 AM
    I have three playbooks in my household and a Nexus S.
    I will agree that the playbook is well built and pretty much the right size but the OS and software available makes it pretty much second rate to my phone.
    My Nexus S works like a hot damn when it comes to GPS, Netflix email and a whole lot of other things. Rim should have it's kicked around the block for having such crappy and minimal software. The way it looks the Playbook will be obsolete before the software gets fixed, such a shame.
    I've got my sights on a Galaxy Note to replace my Playbook if Rim doesn't hurry up and fix the software for this machine.
    Wonder if somebody will port Android to the Playbook, just sayin'.
    02-05-12 10:50 AM
    "RIM's 7-inch BlackBerry PlayBook is likely to suffer a similar fate" (Reference to the HP Touchpad).
    "In short order you could find yourself with a tablet that app developers have more or less abandoned."

Both of these statements are based on nothing more than the author's opinion of a product he's never used.
    He's telling the world about a good (cheapskate) deal and asking folks what they think of the pricing then shooting down the product without knowing anything about it other than an opinion he developed from reading other articles without research.

Remember the telephone game when you were a kid?
    But those are "opinion" statements. And if you know its crap why give it the time of day?
    02-05-12 10:51 AM
    I have three playbooks in my household and a Nexus S.
    I will agree that the playbook is well built and pretty much the right size but the OS and software available makes it pretty much second rate to my phone.
    My Nexus S works like a hot damn when it comes to GPS, Netflix email and a whole lot of other things. Rim should have it's kicked around the block for having such crappy and minimal software. The way it looks the Playbook will be obsolete before the software gets fixed, such a shame.
    I've got my sights on a Galaxy Note to replace my Playbook if Rim doesn't hurry up and fix the software for this machine.
    Wonder if somebody will port Android to the Playbook, just sayin'.
    Interesting...my Playbook works like a hot damn for both work and leisure. Email, contacts. calendar, web, GPS, and a few games. If all you are trying are the free apps then you *might* be persuaded into saying that there is a shortage of quality apps but I for one am getting a little sick of the "Playbook apps suck" refrain I am seeing posted by too many people.

First off it is insulting to the many developers who work hard to produce the apps that they do. If you are disappointed with the quality of apps then how about you show how to create a quality app for any platform. There are poor quality apps on any platform just as there are also many quality apps on every platform, but if you only spend 5 minutes to look for them or rely solely on free apps then you are not likely to find what you are looking for. I hear so many praising the android apps and their quality but if the android apps that have been submitted to app world are to be judged then so far I have to wonder about this so called superiority. Of 100-200 apps submitted thus far I can only hope that this is not the best we will get. Even in the better ones the user interface looks "clunky" and it is a credit to RIM that they run so seamlessly on the PB.

I have 138 apps installed on my PB composed of a mixture of productivity, utility, game and general purpose apps. A few were free, most are paid (.99 to 20.00) and I can easily state that I would only consider one of them a waste of money.

So the next time you say the apps suck (for any device) consider what it would be like if someone came to you to and stated that your hard work sucks. If you downloaded an app in the first place you must have thought it to have some use for you. Instead of telling the world that it sucks try writing to the developer to offer suggestions for improvement or features you would like to see. What some of the complainers don't realize when they only offer destructive criticism without offering an alternative implies that they can do better, but I have yet to see that actually happen.
    ralfyguy likes this.
    02-05-12 12:15 PM
    But those are "opinion" statements. And if you know its crap why give it the time of day?
    This guy pretends to be a journalist. It's just neighbourly to help him out when he's gone astray.
    02-05-12 12:50 PM
    Interesting...my Playbook works like a hot damn for both work and leisure. Email, contacts. calendar, web, GPS, and a few games. If all you are trying are the free apps then you *might* be persuaded into saying that there is a shortage of quality apps but I for one am getting a little sick of the "Playbook apps suck" refrain I am seeing posted by too many people.

First off it is insulting to the many developers who work hard to produce the apps that they do. If you are disappointed with the quality of apps then how about you show how to create a quality app for any platform. There are poor quality apps on any platform just as there are also many quality apps on every platform, but if you only spend 5 minutes to look for them or rely solely on free apps then you are not likely to find what you are looking for. I hear so many praising the android apps and their quality but if the android apps that have been submitted to app world are to be judged then so far I have to wonder about this so called superiority. Of 100-200 apps submitted thus far I can only hope that this is not the best we will get. Even in the better ones the user interface looks "clunky" and it is a credit to RIM that they run so seamlessly on the PB.

I have 138 apps installed on my PB composed of a mixture of productivity, utility, game and general purpose apps. A few were free, most are paid (.99 to 20.00) and I can easily state that I would only consider one of them a waste of money.

So the next time you say the apps suck (for any device) consider what it would be like if someone came to you to and stated that your hard work sucks. If you downloaded an app in the first place you must have thought it to have some use for you. Instead of telling the world that it sucks try writing to the developer to offer suggestions for improvement or features you would like to see. What some of the complainers don't realize when they only offer destructive criticism without offering an alternative implies that they can do better, but I have yet to see that actually happen.
    That's good to hear you have 138 apps including GPS support.

Could you share these apps you are commonly using with the rest, including GPS? I find it difficult to find anything that are worth the price, and very difficult to find one without paying for it first (there are few that have trial versions for free, which is nice).

If most people aren't able to find 138 useful apps like yourself, there must be something seriously wrong with something.

Oh, I have no sympathy over someone's hard work if the app still sucks.

By the way, none of the android apps I currently use on my PB are available on App World, except the Ghost Commander.

It also doesn't help that the Android apps cannot inter-operated with native PB apps, such as video player or office apps.
    Last edited by conix67; 02-05-12 at 12:57 PM.
    02-05-12 12:54 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD