They haven't been gone that long.
    02-03-12 08:55 PM
    People aren't happy when RIM does talk and now they're unhappy when they don't say anything . . .
    If these two outcomes are indeed accurate, they could very well reflect poor performance by RIM.
    02-03-12 09:09 PM
    According to friends working at RIM, the release date is Feb. 17th..
    02-03-12 09:15 PM

azrin640 and kennyliu like this.
    02-03-12 09:16 PM
    Why are you teasing us, Blaize?

Btw, what's that grey bar on the right side of the screen?
    oosagi likes this.
    02-03-12 09:23 PM
    Same calender as you and I never said it had ten days.

Yes they have. No release date has been given. They said February, and that is an entire month. What I said was if 7-10 days from now they have not given a release date then it probably won't be out in February at all, and that is what the miss was.

The launch "date" was in Q1 of 2011. How many days were in Jan-Mar of 2011? And did the playbook actually get released on any of them? So what good does it do to give release "months"? None.
    Considering that Jan-March of 2011 is Q4 of 2010 and Q1 of 2011 is to april - june....PlayBook was launched when it was scheduled to
    02-03-12 09:42 PM
    Cmon guys-gals yes rim made mistakes and that's in the past. They've learn their lessons. This is the new rim. I know this time they will deliver, on time and on budget.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Barljo likes this.
    02-03-12 10:01 PM
    It makes sense not to give a launch date, so you guys wont refresh non-stop all day long to crash the server.
    02-03-12 10:27 PM
    Here's hoping to 17th...
    02-04-12 12:12 AM
    I believe it will be within the next week and a half or less! I believe they know a date inside and are sticking to it! Its coming very very soon...
    02-04-12 12:25 AM
    Patience patience. It's the same thing every time. Waaa Waaa Waaa! Where's my update?!?!? If I don't have my update in X days, I'm definitely getting an iPhone! Then that thread starts to multiply like rabbits.

Then, late one night 10 people simultaneously post that their bridge updated. This is followed by a bunch of posts telling people how to press <alt>RST to refresh their app list in App World.

Then everyone litters posts with comments like "I keep hitting the update button and nothing happens.".

Then the first screenshot of an update progress bar is posted.

Yada...yada...yada...

"Thank you RIM!"

and

"That's it! I can't believe there's no Skype! I'm done!

As I said in another post, it's like the superbowl. Eventually it will happen. After, some will rejoice, others will be sad, and most will just move on to the next day.

RIM know how important getting a solid 2.0 out is to their reputation and their future. It's in their best interest to use this to set an expectation for hitting deadlines with everything that has to happen for them this year.

Go RIM! (Go Pats!)
    rickgainsmith likes this.
    02-04-12 12:43 AM
    i don't want a date. i want a release!!!!!!
    02-04-12 02:17 AM
    Patience patience. It's the same thing every time. Waaa Waaa Waaa! Where's my update?!?!? If I don't have my update in X days, I'm definitely getting an iPhone! Then that thread starts to multiply like rabbits.

Then, late one night 10 people simultaneously post that their bridge updated. This is followed by a bunch of posts telling people how to press <alt>RST to refresh their app list in App World.

Then everyone litters posts with comments like "I keep hitting the update button and nothing happens.".

Then the first screenshot of an update progress bar is posted.

Yada...yada...yada...

"Thank you RIM!"

and

"That's it! I can't believe there's no Skype! I'm done!

As I said in another post, it's like the superbowl. Eventually it will happen. After, some will rejoice, others will be sad, and most will just move on to the next day.

RIM know how important getting a solid 2.0 out is to their reputation and their future. It's in their best interest to use this to set an expectation for hitting deadlines with everything that has to happen for them this year.

Go RIM! (Go Pats!)
    lol so true...
    02-04-12 03:08 AM
    I'm quite intuitive. I'm gonna call tomorrow.
    02-04-12 03:11 AM
    Don't listen the *grin*, keep on teasing !
    [hopefully a night release for N.A , mouhahahahahaha !]
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-04-12 at 03:14 AM.
    02-04-12 03:12 AM
    Don't rush them, if they are not ready to launch it than they are not ready. Let them do their magic, let them make it perfect this time. When they are ready they will let you know ASAP. Im sure they want to get it to us ASAP also.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-04-12 03:21 AM
    Let's say they announce the release date. ...

1. Major bug discovered just before release that makes them either have to delay the release or release with bug

<snip>
    I reckon the above is the main reason RIM haven't formally announced a date, and is probably keeping their Execs awake into the wee small hours.

I'm sure RIM have at the back of their minds that the same "What do you mean you can't get it to work with BES!!!" nightmare that (IMHO) caused OS2 to be pulled days before the Fall 2011 release date will happen again.

I'm not much bothered by those concerns actually. I'm sure the much-rumoured 17th Feb will be the OS2 release date. Afterall, even ignoring Bla1ze's blatant teaser , given the fairly mature state of the OS2 Dev Beta, and visible evidence of working (albeit ActiveSync based) PIM apps at CES, does anyone doubt that something very impressive couldn't be released "today"?

Every day that passes gives RIM the opportunity to put a few more goodies onto the shelf... which can all be bundled-up into a release build.

Keep the faith guys.
    rjedge54 likes this.
    02-04-12 04:28 AM
    Considering that Jan-March of 2011 is Q4 of 2010 and Q1 of 2011 is to april - june....PlayBook was launched when it was scheduled to
    This argument is dead. it was proven long ago that it was calender q1 it was suppose to have been launched in, not fiscal q1. CB Kevin himself posted on that long ago and said, indeed, the playbook was "going to be late and miss q1 for sure according to (his) inside sources". I remember this tennis match all to clearly.
    02-04-12 12:22 PM
    i don't want a date. i want a release!!!!!!
    chicken....egg

in all seriousness though, if they are going to announce a date before hand, then it would be fairly logical that it will happen at devcon.
    Taipuma likes this.
    02-04-12 08:17 PM
    Why are you teasing us, Blaize?

Cant read that, what does it say?
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    02-04-12 08:22 PM
    Good eye, but it's just a sign of bad Photoshopping...

The frame and shadow is the same one they've been using as a "stock" image for ages now, with the screen contents swapped out for something newer.

Go here for the old ones: Research In Motion - Media Gallery
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-04-12 08:58 PM
    Cant read that, what does it say?
    It's a (promo?) image of the Playbook with OS 2.0. But there is a grey bar on the right edge of the screen. Looks like bad photoshop.
    02-04-12 08:59 PM
    RIM's new Super Bowl halftime commercial:
    "Everyone hit update"
    jon4400, Thunderbuck and BB_Bmore like this.
    02-04-12 09:38 PM
    Why does the date on this playbook say Thursday Feb 16 2012??????????????????????????????????????????????
    Last edited by BB-Bmore; 02-04-12 at 10:13 PM.
    kennyliu likes this.
    02-04-12 10:11 PM
    Why does the date on this playbook say Thursday Feb 16 2012??????????????????????????????????????????????
    wow. thanks for spotting this. hope there is some meaning to this
    02-04-12 10:17 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD