It took me all day, but I finally got my wife's Motorola Triumph (Virgin Mobile) setup to allow wifi hotspot connection from the Playbook. If anyone's interested, here's what you need:

Motorola Triumph CyanogenMod 9 ROM v0.6.12.1 (use this version as I didn't have success with previous CM9 variants)
    Download link: update-cm-9.0.0.Triumph-Alpha-0.6.12.0-signed.zip
    Installation instructions (they are for version 6.8.9 but the instructions work the same)

ClockWorkMod Recovery Version 5.0.2.6 for Motorola Triumph (Recommend making a full backup first) Download link: Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: recovery-cwm-5.0.2.6-triumph.zip
    Installation Instructions: Install ClockWorkMod Recovery Version 5.0.2.6 on the Motorola Triumph - Needed for MIUI and Cyanogen - YouTube

Google Apps
    Download link: Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
    Install Guide:
    05-20-12 10:07 PM
    Thanks for the helpful info!!!!
    05-25-12 11:15 AM
    Will this require a tethering plan?

By the way, a question to PB developers: Is it possible to create something like PDANet Tablet for the Playbook so that non-BB users can also tether for free? Or is there a restriction on such a functionality at the HW/OS level?
    05-25-12 11:56 AM
    Will this require a tethering plan?

By the way, a question to PB developers: Is it possible to create something like PDANet Tablet for the Playbook so that non-BB users can also tether for free? Or is there a restriction on such a functionality at the HW/OS level?
    My wife has the 25 dollar plan with 300 minutes and unlimited data. We didn't have to purchase any tethering plan for this to work.
    05-25-12 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD