I never got more than 5 I believe
    Really when you sign into your account there is a link that says get started and in there is requirements to do in order to obtain the FREE 48/gb of space, the 5GB is the initial amount or 2GB i forget now.

I seen this when i started you need to complete 5 of the steps:

You're 1 step away from a 48 GB bonus!

The seven quests below will teach you how to get the most out of your Dropbox. Finish at least five of them and we'll give you a reward!
    02-17-13 09:13 AM
    unfortunatly not. the Get Started and the Get More Space only increase you space by a few incrimates of 250mb. not mjch at all. I believe the 50gb was a early promotion and I wasn't around for it. grrrr
    02-17-13 09:23 AM
    you're right. I never got 5. only 2gb
    02-17-13 09:24 AM
    Oh so not everyone gets the promo
    02-17-13 09:25 AM
    Really when you sign into your account there is a link that says get started and in there is requirements to do in order to obtain the FREE 48/gb of space, the 5GB is the initial amount or 2GB i forget now.

I seen this when i started you need to complete 5 of the steps:

You're 1 step away from a 48 GB bonus!

The seven quests below will teach you how to get the most out of your Dropbox. Finish at least five of them and we'll give you a reward!
    mine says "you're one stop away from a 250mb bonus"
    02-17-13 09:27 AM
    mine says "you're one stop away from a 250mb bonus"
    Ah to bad, i think the 250mb is for when you get friends to sign up.
    02-17-13 09:30 AM
    yeah. its a great service, but having 48 gb like you would be awesome. enjoy the wealth!
    02-17-13 09:42 AM
    yeah. its a great service, but having 48 gb like you would be awesome. enjoy the wealth!
    Thks i will...
    02-17-13 09:45 AM
    I use the Box app available in App World. But I also have the Dropbox app sideloaded and also I sideloaded ES file Explorer and there is some integration there too. Works well for streaming media in the cloud directly onto the PlayBook.
    02-17-13 10:15 AM
    I use a free dropbox which i increased to 18 gb by signing up a lot of my contacts
    dopbox is for business

Thank on the Playbook is use files and folders which works well for me
    F and F allows me to email my files which i need when on the road

the only problem is that it stores .msg files, but you can not open them and mail them
    and I use my BOX 50 gg as a second beck up

and I use google clouds for my private stuff, like pictures and documents
    02-17-13 10:47 AM
    What I really would need is native contact database app for the PB which i could sync with my MS Outlook contacts
    I have about 24,000 contacts in Outlook which does not sync properly with a gmail account, even with a professional gmail account
    I need the contact and my notes when on the road, so I still have to bring my laptop when traveling

is anyone out there who does syncing the MS contacts and calendre with a gmail account,

thank for your assistance
    02-17-13 11:01 AM
    Well i now ahve 50.25 gb with my dropbox account.... woooooooooo nice.

Now i will look into Box.net as i know i have an account there and i think its 5 or 7 gb right now and if i can get 50GB free there that be awesome 100GB free between two different accounts.
    02-17-13 12:31 PM
    Well i now ahve 50.25 gb with my dropbox account.... woooooooooo nice.

Now i will look into Box.net as i know i have an account there and i think its 5 or 7 gb right now and if i can get 50GB free there that be awesome 100GB free between two different accounts.
    bragger!!!
    02-17-13 12:44 PM
    bragger!!!
    Lol

Well box.net its 5gb only I ain't paying for more so I will stay with my 50.25 gb Dropbox account.

Posted Via CB10, BB10, Z10
    02-17-13 01:25 PM
    Box has a 50 GB promotion right now... I'm checking it out as we speak!
    02-17-13 01:45 PM
    hmm maybe I have to make another account
    02-17-13 02:24 PM
    Here is the box.net Link for the 50gb FREE promo right now, i just signed up 3 accounts.... thats 150gb of free space now from box.net.

https://www.box.com/signup/o/dell_50gb_give_get
    nappp and pronomad like this.
    02-17-13 02:46 PM
    Here is the box.net Link for the 50gb FREE promo right now, i just signed up 3 accounts.... thats 150gb of free space now from box.net.

https://www.box.com/signup/o/dell_50gb_give_get

opps that 155gb oc space so far just from box.net Awezome.

5gb is from my original account.

I also have my 50.25gb of free space from dropbox that's a lot of space now 255gb total is plenty enough for me.

I can like many others create more accounts, but why be so selfish lol
    02-17-13 03:22 PM
    After going through this thread a few times, I have concluded that there is no auto sync method between PlayBook and "the cloud". Did I miss something?
    02-18-13 08:58 AM
    After going through this thread a few times, I have concluded that there is no auto sync method between PlayBook and "the cloud". Did I miss something?
    In a nutshell, yep that's correct.
    With exception to calendar, contacts, and email.

Edit: unless you sideloaded apps like the ones listed below, which I was unaware of.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 02-18-13 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Edit
    02-18-13 09:12 AM
    After going through this thread a few times, I have concluded that there is no auto sync method between PlayBook and "the cloud".
    In a nutshell, this is not true. Both the sideloaded Sugarsync and Dropbox apps allow you to set them to auto upload any new photos or videos that appear in your Camera folder. SugarSync also has some additional 2 way folder sync capabilities.
    Last edited by pacoman03; 02-18-13 at 11:09 AM.
    02-18-13 10:45 AM
    I don't use the auto upload feature, but the sideloaded dropbox app works flawlessly. it can do everything the website can do for my needs. never freezes or crashes
    02-18-13 11:41 AM
    Asus WebStorage has the autoupload feature for camera pictures but I have no interest in pictures-just files like spreadsheets or documents. Does that change any responses about SugarSync or Dropbox?
    02-19-13 08:35 AM
    then I say the dropbox app or files and folders will do just fine for your needs. files amd folders has box access and that site gives you the most space at 50gb if you use the dell signup link
    02-19-13 10:13 AM
74 123