Which Cloud Storage service do you use regularly with the PlayBook? Do you find that you use a third party app or just the Browser app to access your documents/images?
    Box and Evernote
    05-08-12 01:36 PM
    I"m with you on that - a real "syncing" native app is what I'm hoping for as well. I think there are limitations in the PlayBook OS right now, but I'm optimistic that BlackBerry 10 can provide us with what we are hoping for.
    05-08-12 03:08 PM
    Sending documents and files trough email is a pain for me because the mail app is quite weak and it lacks a few importing features.

After a couple of months using my playbook (that i love) i'm still trying to find a suitable workflow for my documents and files

@twdawson: i find the lack of news from evernote about their playbook app quite disturbing and a disrespect to their users.
    05-08-12 04:42 PM
    That is exactly why i have withdrawn my monthly subscription. It's there loss.
    05-08-12 04:44 PM
    I use the android sugarsync app. It works amazing on the PB.

It syncs folders, gives me full access to files on sugarsync. The app registers the PB just like any other computer.

I don't have the bar file handy now, but you can find it around.

Try it--best solution so far. I also use files and folders like others--but the sugarsync app syncs folders.
    05-09-12 07:06 AM
    I use Box, but it's cumbersome and manual. Also, the max file size it will handle with the basic account is 25 MB, so it's useless for ppt presentations. Do other cloud services handle bigger files without premium subscription?
    05-09-12 07:25 AM
    I use Box, but it's cumbersome and manual. Also, the max file size it will handle with the basic account is 25 MB, so it's useless for ppt presentations. Do other cloud services handle bigger files without premium subscription?
    Dropbox has no limits except the size of the account. There are a few apps that sync with dropbox but none has automatic sync:

- Files and Folders (paid native app that works with other services including box);
    - Bluebox (free native app that only works with dropbox);
    - Dropbox (free android app that has to be sideloaded);
    - PlayText (native notes app that syncs to dropbox);
    - GroovyNotes (paid native notes app that sync to dropbox);
    - Stuff (paid native app)
    Last edited by ruichambel; 05-09-12 at 10:41 AM.
    rational_mind and ALToronto like this.
    05-09-12 09:11 AM
    Box.con's 50gb and SugatSync's 31.5gb. Both free.

I bought Files & Folders after they added SugatSync support, but the browser works fine too.
    05-09-12 09:26 AM
    Box.com free account has a 100MB upload limit per file.
    05-09-12 10:06 AM
    I primarily use Dropbox and MS Skydrive but have a Box.net and Sugarsync account.
    05-09-12 10:19 AM
    Using box.com for sharing at work and Google + Skydrive for backups. Files & Folders is a great app. Sometimes the box app doesn't show any progress when uploading, the web-page seems better in such situations.

For Google & Skydrive I have the pages added to home-screen, works out fine, as long as you fix it to usethe desktop version.

Box.com 50GB+50GB (one account on box app, second on Files&Folders)
    Google Drive 5GB
    Skydrive default 7GB upgraded to 25GB (for free)
    DropBox 2.9GB
    05-09-12 01:32 PM
    A full sync app is one of my biggest gripes with the playbook, it would not be so bad if you can access and edit documents in the browser but that just does not work at all with all the screwed up text entry. Both google docs and skydrive have this problem.

I was a big evernote user and even that app has the same problem and i refuse to sideload the android app,which i have heard does work. Because i never ever got any reply to any of my support ticket requests i have canceled my premium account.

My daily usage for document stuff now is dropbox but i just have to remember to sync the files i have changed before i go out of wifi range.

I would pay good money for an app that would just auto sync google docs or skydrive.
    Would Groovy Notes work for you, it syncs in dropbox both as a .Pdf and .txt
    05-09-12 08:21 PM
    Would Groovy Notes work for you, it syncs in dropbox both as a .Pdf and .txt
    No, because i need to edit and create documents with Microsoft word like features, groovy notes is just plain text i think.
    05-10-12 01:56 AM
    Have you folks used Otixo - it links all your cloub storage into one location - I love it.

Otixo: Use all your cloud-based files from a single login

Regards

ANDREW
    05-10-12 06:52 AM
    I use sugar sync. 5gb for a free account. Access and sync your data on all devices; pb, smart phone, laptop, etc. I use files and folders to access my data as it allows syncing and access through bridge when there is no wfi.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    05-10-12 07:18 AM
    is there a way to sync all my pics to box.com (or dropbox, etc) automatically? I know I can view files from my phone in the pb via bridge but the cloud would be much faster and also a backup.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    05-11-12 01:04 AM
    I use bluebox for dropbox sync. Seems to work fine with sync. So far so good
    05-11-12 03:04 AM
    is there a way to sync all my pics to box.com (or dropbox, etc) automatically? I know I can view files from my phone in the pb via bridge but the cloud would be much faster and also a backup.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    There are several apps that connects to different cloud services but none has automatic sync.
    05-11-12 09:10 AM
    I'm using Google Drive on my Playbook. Can it be setup to automatically upload a new or modified document when it is saved?
    02-17-13 07:27 AM
    Which Cloud Storage service do you use regularly with the PlayBook? Do you find that you use a third party app or just the Browser app to access your documents/images?
    Mainly SugarSync for myself (and have access to clients' shared accounts with DropBox and GoogleDrive) - use Files&Folders to access these Cloud Storage services

Does anybody know how to access WD2GO (for my Western Digital My Book Live) over a PlayBook - still can't access my personal cloud from my PB (eg my NAS connected to the internet)?

Also Evernote (very useful) - I suppose this is a Cloud Service as well - though I just keep lists in it, not folders full of documents....
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 02-17-13 at 07:46 AM. Reason: typo
    02-17-13 07:43 AM
    Mainly SugarSync for myself (and have access to clients' shared accounts with DropBox and GoogleDrive) - use Files&Folders to access these Cloud Storage services

Does anybody know how to access WD2GO (for my Western Digital My Book Live) over a PlayBook - still can't access my personal cloud from my PB (eg my NAS connected to the internet)?

Also Evernote (very useful) - I suppose this is a Cloud Service as well - though I just keep lists in it, not folders full of documents....
    I remember reading a long time ago that WD thing worked.
    02-17-13 08:13 AM
    I remember reading a long time ago that WD thing worked.
    Hi KBZ

I can't get it to work via the browser.... and have never found an Android-port for it. None of the queries I can find on the WD Forum have had answers with a solution

Some users have apparently managed to get this to work via their PCs (I think they were connected to a PC at the time via SplashTop or something similar) - unfortunately that negates my needs! (eg I want to be able to access my Personal NAS when I am away from the office, and when my office PCs will be powered off)

I am very disappointed with Western Digital re: this, as their iPad WD2GO app is excellent

If anybody knows a solution , please let me know!

(At the moment, I have to have a laptop with me so I can search&download files from my Personal Cloud on my NAS, and then I can transfer from the laptop to my PB - for frequently used files I use SugarSync et al - but I have more than 1Tb historical collateral that I would like remote access to...)

Thanks in advance to the CB community

Alex
    02-17-13 08:26 AM
    I use dropbox on all devices i love the free 48 gigs of space.
    02-17-13 08:27 AM
    I use Asus WebStorage. It is not as versatile on Playbook as on a Windows machine. Any change on Windows machine is synced immediately. A change on Playbook is made on the local file but must be uploaded to cloud. After the upload, the original file is deleted and the altered file is renamed to the original name. Why do I use WebStorage? I can include the WebStorage file in Ubuntu One on my Ubuntu netbook and the file is synced to Playbook, Ubuntu, and Windows machines. Google Drive works as well.
    02-17-13 09:10 AM
    I use dropbox on all devices i love the free 48 gigs of space.
    I never got more than 5 I believe
    02-17-13 09:11 AM
74 123