I recently went from Thunderbird syncing to GMail contacts that synced with my iPhone

to

Outlook and iCloud for contacts and calendar.

I still use my internet ISP for email. I have been hesitant to move to iCloud email.

Is there a cloud service that PB OS2.0, iPhone and Outlook can share email, contacts and calendar?

Thanks
    02-18-12 06:04 AM
    Office 365 is cloud hosted exchange and is pretty powerful. I have cloud synced email, calendar, contacts, notes, and tasks between my outlook and berry. Currently I'm using the android email, calendar, and contacts client on the playbook and it works fairly well. I expect the native PIM suite will up the ante quite a bit but it doesn't look like notes/tasks are included . If you don't need need blackberry phone sync you can stick to a small business P1 plan. 6$ a month I think. Free 30 trials are available. Well worth the money in my opinion especially with the option to import all of your pop3 or imap messages (from Gmail/iCloud/ect) and then if you own a domain name you can use that as your email address. If not it ends up being [email protected]. A bit long but anon issue for me as I already owned my own .com. I stuck with mobile me for a while but with all platforms including blackberry now supporting active sync this just makes more sense for those using any non apple hardware and wanting better sync services that gmail. PM if you have any questions I just went through the whole process of migrating and would be glad to fill you in.
    GlenB, ambarmetta and Sergeant HCR like this.
    02-18-12 10:01 AM
    Bump. Will this allow me to delete an email on my iphone which would see it deleted on my desktop and PB?

I'm not sure if 365 is the answer to my problem though.
    02-19-12 08:39 AM
    Bump. Will this allow me to delete an email on my iphone which would see it deleted on my desktop and PB?

Office 365 is a great service but it is also a fee service so comparing it to free options is comparing Apples to Oranges. Much of what you want to do will likely be possible on the Playbook when the native e-mail, etc. are released with OS 2. Most of what you want can also be done wth Windows Live/Skydrive and you get 25 GB of cloud storage as well - it is free. I am not sure how well it handles gmail though since Google has not exactly worked with Microsoft on syncing. I loathe Google so that is not something about which I have any information. All of my personal email accounts send and receive through Windows Live. The same does for my personal calendar and a list of 1,300+ contacts.
    02-19-12 09:31 AM

This is possible with any email provider or client that support IMAP. ie icloud gmail not sure about your ISP however. im not sure what contact and calendar sync the playbook is going to support i know for a fact it will support exchange with active sync. this is where office365 is superior to all the other cross platform options. icloud is becoming more and exclusive to syncing with apple products and more than likely you will not be able to make changes to your calendar or contacts on the playbook and have it synced back to icloud. the same might be true for google.

ive done a ton of research on this matter and i came up with only one complete option and that was microsoft. sounds like you should just forward your ISP email to icloud.
    add your icloud email to your outlook and playbook as IMAP accounts. all your response will come from your icloud email address. outlook should be able to handle the icloud calendar and contacts if you have the latest updates. the playbook will probably be able to subscribe to the icloud calendar feed and the contacts will have to sync via desktop manager.
    ambarmetta likes this.
    02-19-12 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD