I've had my Blackberry Playbook (2.1.0.1753) since last christmas when I got it and I've had issues since about a week after. It won't turn off, it won't turn on, it won't charge, the cameras broken, the background refuses to change, all that good stuff. I got a hipstreet keyboard, which works pretty good, makes life so much easier, but it doesn't fix everything.

- Currently, I found the solution to it not wanting to turn off/on is just to keep it on, hybernate it when it's not being used and make sure it keeps charged. (I HAVE turned it off and on, I know it takes time, I'm not just being impatient) Is there anything I can do about that, or is it a send back to factory problem?

- I'm on my third charging cord because it refuses it's original cord and the one I borrowed from a friend. Many people in my family have a blackberry playbook who are much less tech savy than I, so I managed to get ANOTHER cord which barely works. I can't even breathe near it when it's plugged in or it'll stop registering a charge.

- The camera is REALLY iffy, but it doesn't give me the little window that says it's in use by something anymore - would really like it to work when I want it to, not when IT wants to.

- As for my background, I find if I delete the picture currently up, sometimes it'll switch to the next one or go blank until I put a new one up. Any ideas on why it might be doing that in the first place?

- As much as I'd love these issues resolved, oddly, my biggest problem is the copy and paste and general writing problems it gives me. I'm a writer and artist, I need to have something to type on when I'm inspired, regardless of place or time and it would be really great if I could work around these issues somehow. Currently even if I highlight something on the internet I can't paste in, even if I have already copied from docs to go.

- My least favourite thing about my berry is the touch screen because it just does not work. I like the idea, but when I have to sit and poke the same place for five minutes every mistake or button, it's an extremely huge pain. This is like futuristic dial-up to me. There has to be another way! DB

- Email is almost out of the question because the screen hops around and I can't go back and edit, what with the cursor trying to dance in all the letters. That's coming from someone with the help of a keyboard. I'd like to find a way to get it to calm down.

- I'm thankful at least that I can connect to the internet. You definitely have THAT going for you, blackberry. Now if only you could do pop-out windows like yahoo messenger or hold programs like skype. Does anyone know of a messenger service that works with the playbook?

This may look like a rant, but I really would like any help I can get to work with these problems, so if you have a better solution, please PLEASE tell me! D8>
    I can't even send everything to myself because of the problems it has with email! I can't lose everything no matter what!
    Last edited by Tyori; 11-01-13 at 05:06 PM.
    11-01-13 04:25 PM
    You may want to try listing your device and OS version. Then clearly lay out each problem you have in a numbered or bullet'd list. Heck, even a new paragraph to separate separate issues would help.
    11-01-13 04:40 PM
    You're right, I'm sorry. I was all worked up; how embarrassing. Thank you, I'll try to fix that right now!
    11-01-13 04:46 PM
    1: Use BB Desktop Software to back up your settings and apps.
    2: Manually copy all media on your Playbook over to your PC.
    3. Security wipe your Playbook (Settings/Security/Security Wipe)
    4. Update your Playbook after the wipe.
    5: Before restoring from your backup- test your Playbook and see if the problems persist.
    6: Restore your apps, settings and media. Test again.

I don't have any of the problems you mentioned.
    11-01-13 06:01 PM
    Since your pb may be less than a year old, you may be entitled to warranty repair/replacement.

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser (longer in some jurisdictions). It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    Smartphones BlackBerry Z10 - Tous les Téléphones Portables BlackBerry - FR - France
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)

BlackBerry� Customer Support Center
    Austria:0800-297-476
    Belgium:800-77-980
    RIM (Brasil Support toll free number): 0800-022-3161
    Bulgaria: 00800-118-1115
    Denmark: 802-50198
    France: 800-914-533
    Germany: 800-181-6530
    Italy: 800-789-272
    Luxembourg: 800-2-2187
    Netherlands: 800-022-7316
    Norway: 00-1-647-426-7058
    Poland: 00-800-112-43-59
    Portugal: 800-827-760
    Russia: 8-800-100-9643
    South Africa: 0800988892
    Spain: 900-866-969
    Sweden: 02-079-4448
    Switzerland: 0-800-802-492
    United Kingdom: 08000962805

Phone-Numbers of BlackBerry PLAYBOOK- Helpdesks...

Germany: 0800 1816530 (Geb�hrenfrei)

North-America: 1 877 255 2377 (Toll Free)

UK: 0808 100 7466 (Toll Free UK only)

Outside UK: +44 1753 558400

Worldwide: 1 519 888 6181

[email protected]

(BTW: Helpdesk for BlackBerry devices -except PlayBook- for Germany:
    0180 3302626)
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-01-13 06:40 PM
    Ah, one more problem I forgot to mention since I gave up on it so long ago; I cannot connect to a PC. It registers and opens the menu, but the moment I try to click anything it tells me no, I in fact cannot do anything. Also I don't own a computer so I had tried with various friends comps before throwing my arms up.
    I'm scared to send it in because they may replace/wipe all my stuff; I want to try fixing it before handing it over.
    11-02-13 12:47 AM
    Make sure file sharing is turned on in Settings/Storage and Sharing.
    11-02-13 01:09 AM
    That might be the problem there, though I thought I had checked everything it would let me; I'll inspect that next time I can find a real computer.
    Maybe it just doesn't like me because I badmouth it! XD jk
    ... I hope >>
    11-02-13 01:20 AM
    Ah, one more problem I forgot to mention since I gave up on it so long ago; I cannot connect to a PC. It registers and opens the menu, but the moment I try to click anything it tells me no, I in fact cannot do anything. Also I don't own a computer so I had tried with various friends comps before throwing my arms up.
    I'm scared to send it in because they may replace/wipe all my stuff; I want to try fixing it before handing it over.
    You're beginning to sound like a troll at this point. If you cannot backup your BlackBerry PlayBook using BlackBerry Desktop Manager - NOT BlackBerry Link - then enable WiFi sharing on the tablet and use a friend's computer which is connected to a WiFi network to copy the files (documents, photographs, music, movies) from the tablet to the computer. Then perform a security wipe of the tablet. Afterwards connect the tablet to the computer using the BlackBerry-supplied USB data cable to install BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1. Reboot the tablet and make sure it works as expected before attempting to copy your content back to the tablet. In the case that the tablet still does not function correctly, contact BlackBerry PlayBook Technical Support and request a warranty repair.
    11-02-13 08:50 AM
    I'm sorry to sound like a troll, I really am, but you have given me the most useful information yet! I've been away because I was frozen for a few days and then it wouldn't turn back on, so I apologize if my absence enforced your trollish ideas.

I DID NOT KNOW I COULD CONNECT WIRELESSLY~<3
    I'm overly excited to try that out, because I've been trying to send things one by one through messenger services and that is sooooo slooooow. Thank you very much for humouring me with your help <3
    11-10-13 03:03 PM
    Unless you physically abused the PB, contact BBRY for warranty before it is too late. X-mas is just around the corner. No need to find workarounds. The power button does have issues being very small and sometimes recessed. But it is a warranty item. The bootup time is 2-3 minutes and there is no helping that Charging and camera should work. You will be amazed at how good the customer support is.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-10-13 03:46 PM