How come every time I put my playbook in "Stand by" mode and try and clean the screen it ALWAYS turns on?.same thing when I lock it. Months back there was an update that had this issue fixed, Even when I put my PlayBook on "stand by" and shove it into my pocket it turns on, If its locked and have it in my pocket most likely it will use up all password attempts and say enter BlackBerry to continue which leave me PlayBookless for the day. How do u clean a Playbook screen without turning the thing off??
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-12-12 01:00 AM
    The PlayBook (and future BB10 devices) wake up when you swipe from bezel to bezel or will turn on from a simple touch if it's plugged in.
    10-12-12 01:24 AM
    If you were smart enough to read your instructions that came with your tablet, you would know that the gesture for waking the playbook from standby or lock is the swipe from left to right (vise versa) or from up to down (and vice versa). This is the default gesture for waking the playbook. If you can't handle the advanced features, then I suggest you downgrade to a "dumb" device that I'm sure you can handle. The playbook gives you the choice of using the hard wired button on top or using screen gestures. If it wakes from your back pocket then I suggest you get a case or DONT put it in your back pocket.. Easy right? ALWAYS READ THE DOCUMENTATION THAT CAME WITH YOUR DEVICE BEFORE COMPLAINING NEXT TIME. BlackBerry people "DO", not "Complain"
    10-12-12 01:32 AM
    I get around this by FIRST, putting my device in "lock" mode THEN cleaning the screen. If you can't manage that then I suggest you turn your tablet OFF, then cleaning then turning the device on.
    The PlayBook (and future BB10 devices) wake up when you swipe from bezel to bezel or will turn on from a simple touch if it's plugged in.
    10-12-12 01:37 AM
    I'm not talking a Lil wipe down, I'm talking about removing all specs from the screen so when it's off it looks brand new ,nice and shiny. I sold the his PlayBook at the local mall and demonstrated it daily, I had it my pocket many times and when I have pulled it out it displayed enter blackberry to continue.
    10-12-12 03:30 AM
    1st off relax buddy, I have read my instructions but if u were smart enough to think before u reply in caps that...MY DOCUMENT BOOK DID NOT UPGRADE TO 2.0, RIM listens to its customers and if I recall people did complain about the lock button and it was changed in an update... My cleaning of the screen issue should not get you that upset. By the way how else do u clean a screen? Kinda hard not going left to right or up and down?.
    10-12-12 03:39 AM
    I know one touchscreen device that has a 'clean screen' setting that you can turn on and it will count down for 30 seconds and not accept any input during which you can polish the screen.
    10-12-12 04:04 AM
    Just clean it with small circular swipes without touching both bezels. That is how I do it.. I start on the top keeping the PB in portrait orientation and swiping in circles I clean the first 1/3 of the screen. Then the second pass is in the middle (so you do not touch in the same circle the bezels) and finally I take care of the bottom.
    10-12-12 08:14 AM
    Just clean it with small circular swipes without touching both bezels. That is how I do it.. I start on the top keeping the PB in portrait orientation and swiping in circles I clean the first 1/3 of the screen. Then the second pass is in the middle (so you do not touch in the same circle the bezels) and finally I take care of the bottom.
    Yeah, me too. Also, I use a microfiber cloth and fold it up so it is about 1" thick. It can't seem to detect the swiping then.
    mufc_Nick.C_mufc likes this.
    10-12-12 08:33 AM
    Circular motion is the only way to go with your pb on. If you clean from bezel to bezel your pb will definitely "wake up."
    10-12-12 12:02 PM
    In the past if you entered the password wrong 10 times it will wipe everything.

Now, when you enter the password wrong 5 times (or maybe 4 times), it will ask you to enter "blackberry" for you to continue trying the password another 5 times. (you still only have 10 attempts).
    This is to prevent pocket dialing, so say the screen comes on and it keeps randomly typing stuff and pressing enter, unless you can somehow rub against the playbook in such a way to type "blackberry", you won't be able to keep entering random passwords and thus not wiping your playbook from pocket dialing.

Cool new feature.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-12-12 12:45 PM
    Too bad there's not a "dislike" button....
    10-12-12 01:24 PM
    Micro fiber cloths are the best method I have found with circular motions - never had an issue either cleaning with the PB in standby or even fully on.....
    10-12-12 01:41 PM
    How come every time I put my playbook in "Stand by" mode and try and clean the screen it ALWAYS turns on?.same thing when I lock it. Months back there was an update that had this issue fixed, Even when I put my PlayBook on "stand by" and shove it into my pocket it turns on, If its locked and have it in my pocket most likely it will use up all password attempts and say enter BlackBerry to continue which leave me PlayBookless for the day. How do u clean a Playbook screen without turning the thing off??
    The circular wipes are the best way to do it. Mine never turns on while cleaning the screen like that.

If you were smart enough to read your instructions that came with your tablet, you would know that the gesture for waking the playbook from standby or lock is the swipe from left to right (vise versa) or from up to down (and vice versa). This is the default gesture for waking the playbook. If you can't handle the advanced features, then I suggest you downgrade to a "dumb" device that I'm sure you can handle. The playbook gives you the choice of using the hard wired button on top or using screen gestures. If it wakes from your back pocket then I suggest you get a case or DONT put it in your back pocket.. Easy right? ALWAYS READ THE DOCUMENTATION THAT CAME WITH YOUR DEVICE BEFORE COMPLAINING NEXT TIME. BlackBerry people "DO", not "Complain"
    No need to insult. I don't think this post was a trolling post, just a question.
    10-12-12 01:44 PM
    Just clean it with small circular swipes without touching both bezels. That is how I do it.. I start on the top keeping the PB in portrait orientation and swiping in circles I clean the
    first 1/3 of the screen. Then the second pass is in the middle (so you do not touch in the same circle the bezels) and finally I take care of the bottom.
    Technically, the fact that you're avoiding the bezels is irrelevant. Try swiping sometime, carefully, from near the top of the screen to near the bottom of the screen... it will still wake it up.

The solution is, however, basically as you describe: avoid swiping over more than about half the screen without lifting your hand and putting it down elsewhere. I do my screen in quarters, each quadrant separately. And it turns on sometimes... big deal.

Also, if you use a password, just lock it. Then it's pretty irrelevant that it turns on while you're doing this, and it will turn back off again quickly once you stop swiping (or you can hit the power button to sleep it).
    10-12-12 01:45 PM
    Clean it best you can and wax on wax off.
    10-12-12 01:48 PM
    just double up your cleaning cloth a few more time so that the touch screen cannot sence your finger. the cloth that came with my pb i just fold it once then fold it again and then just one more time. prob around 2 inch squre when done and rub all over the playbook. the touch screen do not even pick up the finger static or what ever it pick up.
    10-12-12 03:05 PM
    I find cleaning it in sections helps. It takes a little while to learn but it works.
    10-12-12 04:21 PM