I know the unit came with a nice cleaing cloth but i am wondering if a bit of denatured alcohol and water in a spray bottle would harm the screen? Also any ideas on how to clean the BB cloth that came with the PB?
    05-03-11 10:42 PM
    I use Microfiber cloth towels. Would not recommend any alcohol at all.
    Go to the local eye glass shop store and get some of their non-alcohol eye glass cleaner.
    Apply to towel, not directly on screen. Little is better then too much.

I find with frequent use the microfiber cloth towel does well without a cleaning agent.

Tim
    Vee_G likes this.
    05-03-11 10:57 PM
    I turn off the PB and clean using the cloth that came with PB. It makes the screen look like new and doesn't leave a scratch!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-11 11:06 PM
    I use any microfiber cloth and iKlear for all my devices. Not using iKlear, you have to buff the screen really well to remove oil smudges.
    05-04-11 01:14 AM
    I use Monster Cleaner on all my devices.
    It's $20 and lasts FOREVER.
    05-04-11 02:23 AM
    Use microfiber cloth. If it's really dirty, use a lightly dampen microfiber cloth.
    05-04-11 02:30 AM
    Use a napkin and club soda... cleans it nicely without streaks
    05-04-11 02:31 AM
    I pat -- NOT rub, the screen with a soft cloth with alcohol on it. Then pat dry.
    05-04-11 02:32 AM
    any microfiber cloth should work
    05-04-11 09:21 AM
    Use a napkin and club soda... cleans it nicely without streaks
    Your kidding right?

Napkins, paper towels etc. have wood fibers and will put fine scratches
    in the glass over a period of time.

A BIG no no.

Tim
    05-04-11 09:24 AM
    Microfiber and slightly damp when bad. Small circular motion will prevent the screen from waking up as well.
    05-04-11 09:28 AM
    Go to the local eye glass shop store and get some of their non-alcohol eye glass cleaner.
    Apply to towel, not directly on screen. Little is better then too much.
    I agree. Been using it on my storm, garmin and now playbook.

Since I pay more for my glasses than anyone of these items, I should be safe.
    barskin likes this.
    05-04-11 09:33 AM
    I like to use a little toilet bowl cleaner and some steel wool.

...or I just use the cleaning cloth that came with it.
    Delirious D, invisik and hpjrt like this.
    05-04-11 09:59 AM
    I find that even just after hours of using my PlayBook, the screen is littered with fingerprints. Not only that, it's also greasy. When I just use the cleaning cloth, all it does is smear it across the screen and doesn't do to well to the cloth either, as this will just transfer to other things I use the cleaning cloth for.
    01-12-12 04:56 PM
    Sweat-top made from cotton. Either sleeve works perfectly.
    Berryuman likes this.
    01-12-12 05:12 PM
    I think everyone is a bit paranoid. I just put a screen protector on it and use a napkin and windex multi surface cleaner and it works perfect. I have been using this method for over a year on my HTC Aria with zero adverse effects.
    01-12-12 05:18 PM
    Although mine didn't come with a cleaning cloth (Brasil is not worth it I guess), that's what I use, with just a spek of water. Works perfectly.
    01-12-12 05:22 PM
    Ok, here is a fancy one There's this company called Toddy Gear that sells specialized microfiber cleaning cloths and they just recently announced their latest technology at CES 2012
    The 5"X7" costs 9.99 and 9"X9" will set you back by $15....

You guys may already know about these but I saw it for the first time today. Has anybody used this Toddy Gear cloth? Any feedback?

I personally think 10 bucks for a fancy rag is WAY too much.... but wanted to hear how others feel about it.
    01-12-12 05:30 PM
    I find that even just after hours of using my PlayBook, the screen is littered with fingerprints. Not only that, it's also greasy. When I just use the cleaning cloth, all it does is smear it across the screen and doesn't do to well to the cloth either, as this will just transfer to other things I use the cleaning cloth for.
    How about washing your hands first after tucking in on your fish and chips?
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-12-12 05:30 PM
    Try a little OxyClean and a ShamWow.
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-12-12 05:32 PM
    Steam the glass with your mouth, then wipe with microfiber cloth. Removes everything
    copperoak and Delirious D like this.
    01-12-12 05:58 PM
    I also use the "HHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA" and wipe method. For tough greasy spots a microfibre cloth dampened with vinegar and water works wonders.
    fj_cruiser likes this.
    01-12-12 07:54 PM
    I use Monster cleaner ... and I use alcohol. I find the alcohol works better ... it cuts through the finger prints and because it evaporates quickly, it doesn't streak.

This is glass ... and short of a diamond or etching compound, not a whole lot is going to scratch it.

I always dampen a micro-fiber cloth with my cleaner of choice and then give a quick polish with a dry portion of the cloth. Small circular motion ensures you don't wake the PB while cleaning. Oh and if using a stylus, don't forget to clean the rubber end as well.
    01-12-12 08:41 PM
    After an hour of use or so, I just put mine on my belly and rub it a few times across my T-Shirt. Looks like new after that.
    01-12-12 08:44 PM
    After an hour of use or so, I just put mine on my belly and rub it a few times across my T-Shirt. Looks like new after that.
    And to think your wife keeps telling you that your belly is useless and you ought to loose a few inches.
    01-12-12 08:54 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD