I don't know what's on my screen but the cloth that came with it isn't doing the trick like normal. its little specks. like maybe I opened a coke and it sprayed all over. I dunno. does anyone know a substance id be safe putting on the screen? I don't want to just try and see.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    05-11-12 03:37 PM
    Spit works - JK! They have cleaning wipes that are supposedly safe. I've been known to just barely dampen a cloth with water and rub off a spot (make sure you don't get water in the speaker area). I'm guessing a tiny bit of lens cleaner used for glasses would work as well cuz it's gentle. Just don't give it a soak and you should be okay.
    05-11-12 03:42 PM
    Any cleaner designed for eyeglasses will be fine.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-11-12 03:43 PM
    Like alnamvet68 said, use eye glass cleaner, but do not use tissue paper or paper towels.
    A nice mirco-fiber towel is best otherwise you risk scratching it.

Tim
    05-11-12 03:54 PM
    If it wasn't for post #5 I would have forgot about this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...screen-712794/
    Mr.Monty and rickpeddler like this.
    05-11-12 04:37 PM
    mix 50% isopropyl alcohol and 50% distilled water...put it in a little spray bottle...spray your micro-fiber towel, NOT the PB, wipe pb down with micro-fiber towel.
    Cheaper and will last longer then eye glass cleaner!
    05-11-12 04:38 PM
    i use strand screen cleaner from Asda with a microfibre cloth or the one that came with the playbook, if you need to wash the black cloth that came with the playbook with warm water and washing up liquid, the dye runs a bit but it gets it clean, just wringe it out and stick it on the radiator to dry.

i always spray it on the screen, it best way of getting greasy marks off.
    keith1000 likes this.
    05-11-12 05:44 PM
    I've used plasma tv cleaner which I would guess is simply glass cleaner of some sort, but to be safe I would go this route:

Any cleaner designed for eyeglasses will be fine.
    I wouldn't use Windex or any of the off-brands as they seem a little more strong than necessary. Also, water can be your friend.
    05-11-12 11:34 PM
    I wouldn't want to use any chemical on my PB's glass (or any tablet), but except water. Our tablet's glass/screen have a coating that makes it shiney and glossy, alcohol might affect it. I believe water will do, or spit?
    05-12-12 12:04 AM
    i use strand screen cleaner from Asda with a microfibre cloth or the one that came with the playbook, if you need to wash the black cloth that came with the playbook with warm water and washing up liquid, the dye runs a bit but it gets it clean, just wringe it out and stick it on the radiator to dry.

i always spray it on the screen, it best way of getting greasy marks off.

Until you spray into the speakers ports and fry them.
    Never spray anything on to any type of screen.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    05-12-12 04:42 AM
    I wouldn't want to use any chemical on my PB's glass (or any tablet), but except water. Our tablet's glass/screen have a coating that makes it shiney and glossy, alcohol might affect it. I believe water will do, or spit?

Ack! Your mouth is full of germs and bacteria. Not a good idea at all.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    05-12-12 04:44 AM
    Windex on a microfiber cloth has worked perfectly for me for the last 7 months.
    05-12-12 07:07 AM
    I just use a small microfiber towel and simply breathe on the screen. Towels work so much better than the tiny cloth that came with it. They pick up dirt rather than pushing it around.
    05-12-12 07:17 AM
    I grab mine from the back, put it in standby and rub it right and left across my tshirt.
    05-12-12 07:26 AM
    Windex has worked fine for me(screen and back). After a year I see no side effects.
    RBergmann1 likes this.
    05-12-12 07:30 AM
    Wet naps. If you happen to be the parent of a baby you should have lots kicking around. The tshirt wipe has also served me well
    05-12-12 09:12 PM
    If it wasn't for post #5 I would have forgot about this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...screen-712794/
    I laughed so hard! I wasn't expecting to read that at all
    cleveland216 likes this.
    05-12-12 09:55 PM
    My TV's instruction for cleaning the screen are to use hot water on a microfiber ringed out of course and then drying with a dry microfiber. This is what I do.
    05-12-12 10:15 PM
    The microfiber cloth (dry) works great for me on both the PB and BB.

No spit needed..
    05-13-12 12:18 AM
    Clean the screen? Hecks no I will NOT clean my screen

I like putting it on the table so everyone can see my dirty, finger-swiped screen and hearing them BEG me to clean it so they don't have to keep looking at it like that.
    05-13-12 12:40 AM
    yea i think i know the specs your talking about lol, i go thru tons sprite zero and other drinks that bubble more then usual, just takes A LOT of elbow grease if you use the cloth that came in the box, keep going, they'll eventually come off, the real stubborn ones i rub with a finger to get fully off then go over with cloth after lol.
    05-13-12 01:10 AM
    I have a Zagg protector on mine and since day 1 I've used a screen cleaner for laptop screens/led tv screens and micro fiber cloth. Has worked great and no problems.
    05-13-12 01:55 AM
    I got some of this AppleJuce cleaner to try out from ShopCrackBerry, and I like it. I got the bigger kit. It came with a small travel bottle, a bigger bottle, and 2 fairly large cloths. It smells good, which is cool lol. Seems to work well too. You spray it on the cloth, wipe down your screen, then buff it a bit with a dry part of the cloth. We've been using it on PlayBooks and phones and just about everything with a screen hahaha.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=l8rZbfhW

(No, this isn't a paid endorsement. Just thought I'd share in case anyone saw it and wondered if the stuff works.)
    05-13-12 02:00 AM
    I got some of this AppleJuce cleaner to try out from ShopCrackBerry, and I like it. I got the bigger kit. It came with a small travel bottle, a bigger bottle, and 2 fairly large cloths. It smells good, which is cool lol. Seems to work well too. You spray it on the cloth, wipe down your screen, then buff it a bit with a dry part of the cloth. We've been using it on PlayBooks and phones and just about everything with a screen hahaha.
    Click to view quoted image

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=l8rZbfhW

(No, this isn't a paid endorsement. Just thought I'd share in case anyone saw it and wondered if the stuff works.)
    Haven't you got any BlackBerry juice instead ?

.......Oh c'mon it was only a matter of time
    Last edited by Ben1232; 05-13-12 at 09:45 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-13-12 09:42 AM
    I clean all my electronics and my goggles with 99% pure iso propyle alcohol....
    The reason being that it's highly volatile so it dries up much fast...... And you will be amazed by the way it cleans the surface....
    05-13-12 09:53 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD