yes I actually know some people at Teamviewer (product manager) and we have a full-service access.

It basically works, but it lags and stutters and doesn't appropriately scale to the screen etc. because its based on Flash and made for a "real" computer with mouse and keyboard.

I personally don't even think the Teamviewer app for iPad is all that great, but much better IMO.

The best solution, no doubt, is using a laptop of any kind. I personally use my MacBook Air 11" for this and of course it works perfectly fine.
    Great - thanks maybe you can use your influence to get them working on a PB app Seriously I would not expect or need desktop performance - just need to check a few things, transfer some files occassionally etc... doubt I would ever use the Playbook as a remote "workstation" regardless of quality of the app - file transfer and viewing by way of desktop resident S/W such as CAD most important.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-30-11 at 01:09 AM.
    takeo likes this.
    06-30-11 01:06 AM
    I can't wait. There are tons of reasons to have a virtual desktop in the cloud. For one it is cheaper to maintain than a laptop or dedicated desktop and has better security. Plus you never have to worry about your wife threatening to smash your computer. I wish I could have a cloud based wife too. When this service gets set up the playbook will reach a new level and the business users will finally have a reason to own the playbook. It will just keep getting better from there.
    06-30-11 01:49 AM
    This is a HUGE problem for corporate deployment of playbooks. RIM really needs to get Citrix moving on this.
    06-30-11 01:59 AM
    This is a HUGE problem for corporate deployment of playbooks. RIM really needs to get Citrix moving on this.
    I am sure there is a big pile of orders pending as businesses will not buy the tablet in mass unless they are 100% up and running the software they need out of the box. These are the orders that will push the playbook and developers.
    06-30-11 11:55 AM
    I am sure there is a big pile of orders pending as businesses will not buy the tablet in mass unless they are 100% up and running the software they need out of the box. These are the orders that will push the playbook and developers.
    That is the story at my place.
    Frank Castle likes this.
    06-30-11 12:43 PM
    That's why I do a daily search in Appworld for Citrix....
    06-30-11 02:09 PM
    No idea - there's no app yet. But there is a mouse (bluetooth?) that I believe brings up a cursor... saw that on a video somewhere...I don't know if right click works or not in the teamviewer browser- anyone?
    Ya I tried right clicking with the mouse and it doesn't work, since it's for gestures.

But ya i'd love a team view app for sure.
    06-30-11 03:46 PM
    I contacted Robin from Citrix to see the status of the Beta.

"John, it is approximately mid-August. You will be getting information on it around when we will be making the beta available."

Beta should be in a month for those who have signed up
    07-19-11 10:32 AM
    I contacted Robin from Citrix to see the status of the Beta.

"John, it is approximately mid-August. You will be getting information on it around when we will be making the beta available."

Beta should be in a month for those who have signed up

How do you sign up for the Beta testing? Do you know if there is any more availability? If not, could you keep me updated on this as I really need it to access my servers at work (a large college, can't use any other app to access the servers). Thanks!
    07-19-11 10:44 AM
    How do you sign up for the Beta testing? Do you know if there is any more availability? If not, could you keep me updated on this as I really need it to access my servers at work (a large college, can't use any other app to access the servers). Thanks!
    Email [email protected] and ask to be included on the beta list for Playbook Citrix Receiver

I am kinda in the same boat as you
    pixieloulou likes this.
    07-19-11 12:21 PM
    Got word from the citrix folks that the Receiver for Playbook won't be available until the end of September. Surprised since there is a lot of hype lately about businesses using PB. Oh well, I'll wait patiently (sort of)
    07-31-11 03:18 PM
    Got word from the citrix folks that the Receiver for Playbook won't be available until the end of September. Surprised since there is a lot of hype lately about businesses using PB. Oh well, I'll wait patiently (sort of)
    That make sense since the beta isn't due until mid august
    07-31-11 06:30 PM
    Not having a Citrix receiver really hurts the PlayBook in the enterprise market. For a professional-grade tablet it's a big omission.

That said, I'm of the opinion that RIM ought to bribe Wyse as much as it takes for them to write a PB version of PocketCloud (with ICA support added). It's an amazing application; probably the best remote desktop client for a touchscreen device that I've ever seen.
    07-31-11 11:24 PM
    I emailed Robin at Citrix yesterday (9/6) and she responded with this last night: "We will be releasing the Tech Preview version of the Receiver for Playbook later this week. It will be available to anyone in the AppWorld store in the Test area. The tech preview version does not currently support Access Gateway. It will support AG when version 1 is released at the end of this month."

Great news!!
    Tigerr, frankzaman and kyopo like this.
    09-07-11 02:58 PM
    This is AWESOME news. I can't wait for this release.
    09-07-11 03:13 PM
    Great! Forget angry birds, Citrix is one of the most critical apps to getbout to ensure the enterprise utility of the Playbook. This is fantastic news.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 03:26 PM
    I wonder if this thing is waiting for the 2.0 update.
    09-08-11 03:44 AM
    Crap, the place that I work at uses AG. Oh well, guess I can wait a little longer.
    09-08-11 06:41 AM
    Crap, the place that I work at uses AG. Oh well, guess I can wait a little longer.
    AG is going to be supported by the end of the month according to her email...
    09-08-11 08:40 AM
    Yeah, I'm going to double check with our Citrix people. I know we use AG to login remotely from the web, but maybe it might be setup a little differently for Receiver.
    09-08-11 08:49 AM
    i am trying to log onto the company website with my playbook but i need this file to access my email. does anyone know how to do this. the file is exe. its Citrix xenapp web plugin.
    01-19-12 06:18 AM
    i am trying to log onto the company website with my playbook but i need this file to access my email. does anyone know how to do this. the file is exe. its Citrix xenapp web plugin.
    Sounds like the file is meant to be installed on a PC, and your company's Citrix server is optimized for remote usage via PCs. That's not unusual. I can only log in to a critical app on my firm's Citrix server with the PB if I have a Bluetooth keyboard hooked up to the PB.
    01-19-12 07:27 AM
    thanks!

Does this mean I can't log in from my PB. It would be better for me instead of using PC all time
    01-19-12 08:01 AM
    Have you installed the Citrix Receiver app on your PlayBook? It should connect with out needing that exe.
    01-19-12 12:03 PM
    Blackjack, you're thinking of Citrix more like rdp. Citrix for corporations is a lot more than just rdp. It is a way for corporations to host a number of applications at a central location versus every desktop and laptop, especially applications that require their databases to be sync'd at all times.

we had a Citrix farm (cluster of citrix servers) in Houston hosting a bunch of apps that could be accessed by all the offices in North America. Many of our users have laptops instead of desktops, and we take them home at night in case we need to do more work from home. With Citrix, I can just log onto the citrix farm in Houston and run my apps. Better yet, if a trader called and asked me for our position on a specific grade of crude for example, rather than take the time to power up my laptop and login (specially if I were out having dinner, watching a movie, etc), I would just use my BB Citrix app on my Torch, login, open the network hosted spreadsheet and pull up the data, all in just a few clicks. Imagine how much nicer that would be on the PlayBook.

Hope that gives a clearer picture of how Citrix is used in a corporate environment.
    I had tried and fired RDM+ and Splashtop and was working with Citrix when I got hung up on a domain spec. At this point I talked to my son Paul who is opposed to such apps UNLESS I get my home PCs behind a Cisco box and firewall. Citrix is more for folks interfacing with companies with professional IT depts, right ? I am looking for a way to engage Windows using WiFi strictly in my home environment, ie. no Internet. Am I on the right track ? Doc Neutron
    01-19-12 06:22 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD