Any news on whether (if yes, when) Chinese input will be supported on PB? Thanks
    04-29-11 01:28 PM
    It'll be here when they launch in june in Hongkong
    LaoWang likes this.
    04-29-11 02:03 PM
    I had hoped it would be there at launch in North America.

Another two months? This is killing me... Does RIM know that there are a lot of people here that also use Chinese?

...sigh... look at what they did to their share price today...
    04-29-11 02:37 PM
    I'm waiting for Chinese input too, but I hope they have enough sense to make it an add-on to the existing OS rather than a completely different OS like they do with BlackBerry phones.

Though RIM has been good about making BlackBerry phones work with different languages in different countries, they seem to assume that no one communicates with people outside their home country.
    04-29-11 03:15 PM
    I assume they will make it like the did it on their phones, maybe the QNX guy's need to adopt some things from the RIM tech. Like the surepress and autocomplete and language packs.
    So I hope this is coming in the near future, I (my gf) would also like the Chinese input option.
    04-29-11 03:51 PM
    I'll add it to the suggestion list. There are millions of people in NA who want to input in Chinese (plus all the other languages)
    04-29-11 04:11 PM
    Ya.... its one thing i'm waiting for as well
    04-29-11 04:34 PM
    it is not avaliable yet even after they have launched in Hong Kong. i just got one from Hong Kong.
    08-22-11 06:55 PM
    there is a chinese ime on sale at the app world. just search under ime. the browser reads japanese, korean and chinese websites no problem.
    08-22-11 08:44 PM
    im waiting for the jap keyboard too.. but tough luck since RIM didn't launch pb in japan and think nobody in this world using that language.....
    it happened to 9520 drm now pb... i feel cheated
    08-22-11 10:48 PM
    If you are cantonese, try

Online Cantonese Input Method

i am sure theres an equivalent for other languages as well. i just dont know abt them lol.
    08-22-11 11:00 PM
    If you are cantonese, try

Online Cantonese Input Method

i am sure theres an equivalent for other languages as well. i just dont know abt them lol.

Nice, I am using this site as well, but I hope native Chinese input will be available soon!
    09-16-11 12:13 PM
    Has anyone been able to figure out the Cantonese input? Doesn't seem to be working for me.
    12-06-11 08:48 PM
    1)Open the browser on your PB,
    2)type in url: http://kwgo.com/pbpyinput/
    3)Link to youTube google baidu -- or Copy + Paste to another App.
    01-13-12 09:11 AM
    I am using Buy Chinese Input - Download Chinese Input - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World to input traditional Chinese words. It doesn't require online to input. Tapping to select words or pgup/down is better feature for me.
    01-23-12 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD