Is anyone else having this problem? I keep hitting the "Check for Updates" button and it's not loading OS2. Repeated efforts to hit the button yield only a "You currently have the latest software installed" message.

I keep waiting to see fireworks and a drumroll... but nothing. Maybe it's broken?

hpjrt, simu31, Superfly_FR and 1 others like this.
    01-31-12 12:02 PM
    Lol... Silly rabbit...

That Won't work until AT LEAST 1201 EST on February 1...
    hpjrt likes this.
    01-31-12 12:07 PM
    Dammit, I went on holiday to a timezone 12 hours ahead of EST so that 1st February comes a few hours earlier; and I got nothing here!

My holiday just started to suck lol
    01-31-12 12:12 PM
    Lol... Silly rabbit...
    I think a Jack Rabbit would have been a FAR superior cartoon character to represent BOLD than superheros...
    01-31-12 12:13 PM
    You just don't hit it the right way. Let me explain ...

You have some system requirements :
    1. you must be able to do clockwise and counter clockwise absolutely symetric circles with two opposite fingers simultaneously
    2. you must be able to lick your elbows (at least one)
    3. tapping one hand on your head while circling with the other on your chest is an absolute must

When you're ready, stand on the LEFT foot (mandatory), keep the PB in your mouth, do the whole 3 requirements in a row, standing on a red SQUARE wool carpet of 1m (yes, meter: use your calculator). You're almost there ... this is only rehearsal.

Now, shave Bold (caution : no soap drops on the carpet or it won't work) to prove your fidelity to the brand.
    Plug your cam or another Playbook (preferred) and shoot the whole scene, playing the Star Wars Theme and claiming high and clear (as long as the exercise last) : "in RIMPIRE we trust".
    Then, post your video on youtube, link it back here ...
    And then, I'll give you the secret ... the one and only to get OS2, straight on your PB.

[P.S : how many of you tried to lick their elbows ?]
    01-31-12 01:04 PM

1. you must be able to do clockwise and counter clockwise absolutely symetric circles with two opposite fingers simultaneously
    3. tapping one hand on your head while circling with the other on your chest is an absolute must

When you're ready, stand on the LEFT foot (mandatory), keep the PB in your mouth, do the whole 3 requirements in a row, standing on a red SQUARE wool carpet of 1m (yes, meter: use your calculator). You're almost there ... this is only rehearsal.

Now, shave Bold (caution : no soap drops on the carpet or it won't work) to prove your fidelity to the brand.
    Plug your cam or another Playbook (preferred) and shoot the whole scene, playing the Star Wars Theme and claiming high and clear (as long as the exercise last) : "in RIMPIRE we trust".
    And then, I'll give you the secret ... the one and only to get OS2, straight on your PB.

I LOVE this!
    Thanks so much for the chuckles and grins...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-31-12 01:10 PM
    I was sure that when I went down to Sprint this past Sunday and plunked down $500 for my Bold (I can't freakin' type on my Torch 9850!), that RIM would get the memo and send me OS2.......well, it made sense to ME! Alas, my update button isn't working either.
    01-31-12 02:47 PM
    My button doesn't offer me any updates, but when I look at the About screen it shows 2.0!!

I'm tempted to roll back from the beta to the official OS, just to get a bigger pop when OS2 comes out in full form, but Predictive text has creeped into my typing thought process already and I don't think I want to go back and lose that. Plus, I can delete tracks right from the Music Player. AIR Browser hasn't seen much action lately.
    01-31-12 03:00 PM
    Try pressing harder
    01-31-12 03:03 PM
    I was sure that when I went down to Sprint this past Sunday and plunked down $500 for my Bold (I can't freakin' type on my Torch 9850!), that RIM would get the memo and send me OS2.......well, it made sense to ME! Alas, my update button isn't working either.
    I wasn't aware that Sprint sold unlocked phones...last I heard, they sell the Bold for $199.00 with contract.
    01-31-12 03:07 PM
    'OS 2 to be released in February'

Ah so close, less than 8 hours.
    01-31-12 03:07 PM
    I wasn't aware that Sprint sold unlocked phones...last I heard, they sell the Bold for $199.00 with contract.
    I already have a contract and not eligible for an upgrade: Had to buy it outright.
    01-31-12 03:20 PM
    I already have a contract and not eligible for an upgrade: Had to buy it outright.
    Same here, but I bought mine from eBay sealed and brand new for less on the 9810. I felt it was worth it for the OS7.

And my update button on the PB is also BROKEN!
    01-31-12 05:46 PM
    Lets be real for a moment. No one in their right mind actually thinks they will wake up tomorrow morning and find os2 waiting there to be downloaded, or even by the time they go to bed tomorrow night. I don't think anyone expects it before the 17th, give or take... BUT... Wouldn't it blow you away if it were there bright and early tomorrow morning? I find my self wishing that the folks at RIM would make some kind of bold, in your face, sort of action or statement to shut all the nay-sayers up. You know... Something like releasing os2 on the 1st... or the 2nd... or the3rd... OH COME ON!!!!! JUST GIVE IT TO MEEEEEE!!!!!
    jafobabe and modine like this.
    01-31-12 06:24 PM

PRICELESS!!!!! Thanks for the ROFLMAO!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-31-12 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD