I was buying a charging pod on ebay when I saw this deal:

Original BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet Rapid Desktop Charging Pod 12V / 2A *Retail* | eBay

Okay....huh?
    12-12-11 10:49 AM
    LOL, I hope no one has actually bought any!
    12-12-11 10:51 AM
    LOL, I hope no one has actually bought any!
    Why do you say that? I just bought all 5. Can't wait.
    12-12-11 10:53 AM
    Lol @ us $189.98
    12-12-11 11:25 AM
    Why do you say that? I just bought all 5. Can't wait.
    My apologies! Enjoy!
    12-12-11 11:27 AM
    I wonder how much they want for a PlayBook?
    12-12-11 01:24 PM
    Any of you guys report the item yet? I would but I don't have an ebay account. Someone should report this doosh for over pricing.
    12-12-11 01:31 PM
    ^ I'm sure it's a typo and will be fixed soon. The seller has a load of positive feedback (99.7%) and is a 'Top-Rated Seller'.
    A simple mistake.
    12-12-11 01:38 PM
    Any of you guys report the item yet? I would but I don't have an ebay account. Someone should report this doosh for over pricing.
    Why should one report him ? Only because you are the "doosh" acting like a price police ?
    Google "free market".
    12-12-11 01:51 PM
    ^ I'm sure it's a typo and will be fixed soon. The seller has a load of positive feedback (99.7%) and is a 'Top-Rated Seller'.
    A simple mistake.
    You're probably correct. I looked at the seller's store, and everything else seemed in line.
    12-12-11 01:57 PM
    If he meant 18.99 I'm in line for one! FutureShop wants 79.99 for this here in Canada

Wait read the small print, it says it comes with QNX V3.5!
    Last edited by RicThot; 12-12-11 at 02:41 PM.
    12-12-11 02:35 PM
    At such a LOW price I might just get 10 one for every room
    12-12-11 03:32 PM
    cant repor thim , he is doing nothing wrong.

but on a somewhat related note. Anyone bought any chinese knock offs on ebay ? any feed back ? i cant see it being any real issue as it is just a connector with a plastic stand.

USB Charger Dock Cradle Station Stand + USB Cable For Blackberry Playbook EA508 | eBay

cant be bad as a starter dock no ?
    12-12-11 04:33 PM
    lol I have come across this before and emailed the seller, they over price when they have no stock, but are still advertising them selves, although not sure what would happen if some one actually purchased one......well I think we all do......kerching ;-)
    12-12-11 04:46 PM
    Well that's just his limit I suppose, but if you read your payment options. It clearly states a "Make Offer" option... meaning you can offer him any price you'd be willing to pay, and he'll be able to agree or turn your offer down.
    It seems funny at first glance, but understandable if you can read.

EDIT NOTES: He took it down... perhaps he received alot of hate messages for trying a new selling option, or it really was a mistake.
    Last edited by Venichie; 12-12-11 at 04:50 PM.
    12-12-11 04:47 PM
    Why should one report him ? Only because you are the "doosh" acting like a price police ?
    Google "free market".
    I'm a doosh? lol whatever, ****, the guy is obviously trying to bypass Ebay charges and take advantage of simple people like you.

Have some appreciation, I'm just trying to help people out.
    Last edited by Megacharge; 12-12-11 at 11:47 PM.
    12-12-11 11:45 PM
    Google "free market".
    Hey, hey Pilgrim, what's with the personal attacks?????
    Megacharge likes this.
    12-12-11 11:48 PM
    I'm a doosh? lol whatever, ****, the guy is obviously trying to bypass Ebay charges and take advantage of simple people like you.

Have some appreciation, I'm just trying to help people out.
    bypassing ebay charges ? seriously ? by incteasing the item price one increases ebay charges, learn how ebay work, "****".
    as i said , it's a free market, who are you to dictate the prices ? if there is no regulations (and for this item there is none) one can ask for any price he wish, who will buy it is a different question.
    keep in mind that not everybody lives next to the store, for me, paying the little extra to someone actually going to the store and buying the item for me is ok. once again, supply and demand. learn how it works , you will need it.

Hey, hey Pilgrim, what's with the personal attacks?????
    it's a simple copy/paste mate
    Last edited by DrFrancky; 12-13-11 at 01:25 AM.
    12-13-11 01:23 AM
    bypassing ebay charges ? seriously ? by incteasing the item price one increases ebay charges, learn how ebay work, "****".
    as i said , it's a free market, who are you to dictate the prices ? if there is no regulations (and for this item there is none) one can ask for any price he wish, who will buy it is a different question.
    keep in mind that not everybody lives next to the store, for me, paying the little extra to someone actually going to the store and buying the item for me is ok. once again, supply and demand. learn how it works , you will need it.

it's a simple copy/paste mate
    Youre defending it like its your Ebay account, wouldnt surprise me in the least if it is, the way youre talking here. The guy is trying to rip people off plain and simple, sure thats probably normal and acceptable in a third world country like, Bulgaria or something, but on this side of the planet, that kind of behavior is not cool. Youve made your point, you condone taking advantage of people, I dont. Move on.
    12-13-11 01:57 AM
    Youre defending it like its your Ebay account, wouldnt surprise me in the least if it is, the way youre talking here. The guy is trying to rip people off plain and simple, sure thats probably normal and acceptable in a third world country like, Bulgaria or something, but on this side of the planet, that kind of behavior is not cool. Youve made your point, you condone taking advantage of people, I dont. Move on.
    Hey, Frenchy, where's the Eiffel Tower?
    12-13-11 02:45 AM
    Hey, Frenchy, where's the Eiffel Tower?
    Weak troll attempt, Im not French. I guess you wouldnt know about Quebec's many different nationalities given your third world education. I forgive your ignorance.
    12-13-11 02:57 AM
    Weak troll attempt, Im not French. I guess you wouldnt know about Quebec's many different nationalities given your third world education. I forgive your ignorance.
    and that comes from a guy living in igloo who doesnt know his own history :-)
    Anyway, the post was about free market, something that you clearly dont know what is.
    Last edited by DrFrancky; 12-13-11 at 03:38 AM.
    12-13-11 03:36 AM
    and that comes from a guy living in igloo who doesnt know his own history :-)
    Anyway, the post was about free market, something that you clearly dont know what is.
    My post was never about free market, you just tried to turn it into that because you misinterpreted the reasons of my earlier post (due to your substandard education and improper understanding of English). Like I said, I forgive your ignorance now that I know the root cause of it.
    If youre lucky enough, maybe one day you will be able to rip off, steal from and trick enough people in your poor country to scrape up enough money to come to Canada and learn about this great country's multiculturalism, and to get a real understanding of morals and a useful education.
    12-13-11 04:23 AM
    My post was never about free market, you just tried to turn it into that because you misinterpreted the reasons of my earlier post (due to your substandard education and improper understanding of English). Like I said, I forgive your ignorance now that I know the root cause of it.
    If youre lucky enough, maybe one day you will be able to rip off, steal from and trick enough people in your poor country to scrape up enough money to come to Canada and learn about this great country's multiculturalism, and to get a real understanding of morals and a useful education.
    Actualy it's quite oposite. Your cheap mind turned free market into a rip off deal.
    Once again i wish to remind you that there is enought people willing to pay a extra just to get something that is not available on their local market. If there is one willing to pay, there will be one willing to sell. A rip off, steal or trick is when one deliberately hides,twists or in some other manier tricks the user to purchase the item. In that case, the only thing is that the price is little high, therefore nothing wrong. If you dont like the price you are free to move on without calling names.
    It's strange, how people concern themselfs with things that will never affect their lives. But given your origin it now seems normal that you act like this, you just need attention. Good that there is internet and you can express your opinion on things that will never affect you, otherwise you will have to speak only to your neighbor who lives just next to you ... on 2 day snowmobile ride.
    12-13-11 04:48 AM
    Ladies, ladies calm down.

Megacharge; people are free to ask any price they like for their items. No one is accidentally going to pay $190.00 for a $40.00 item. In this case it was a mistake.
    Best Buy wants $69.99 for the charger when you can get it on eBay for $40.00. Have you reported Best Buy?
    12-13-11 04:55 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD