It been before the days of my first Palm Treo that I had two devices I carried around (cell phone and Palm Pilot). Since then, I've been one device guy. And, like many here, I am peculiarly attached to my smart phone. It is never more than a foot or two away, even when showering or sleeping - usually literally attached to my hip.

A couple months ago I got the Bold 9930 and fell in love all over again. For Christmas, though, I got a PlayBook. I didn't eat or sleep much for a couple of days loading it up with software and pretty much mastering it.

Now, I know that the 9930 is lighter, easier to carry around 24x7, and faster at many common tasks (txt, BBM, scanning incoming email etc) and I can still type faster on it than on the PB. But, the PB is so damn sexy I can't stop fooling around with it!

Any one else similarly conflicted?!
    joelled, Spencerdl, Lyls and 1 others like this.
    01-06-12 02:34 PM
    Umm, maybe?

I'm not allowed to say. The PB is at home and I'm at work, using the torch, so I'd feel guilty typing anything else on here. Lol
    01-06-12 02:44 PM
    My Bold 9700 is now just a slave to my playbook. It handles all the 3G heavy data lifting. It sits in the charging dock or my pocket until it rings - with OS 2 I may never have to pick it up to answer the phone. Yes I feel guilty, it used to be my one and only love.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 01-06-12 at 02:52 PM.
    01-06-12 02:46 PM
  4. onceyougoblackyounevergoback's Avatar
    My curve Definitely feels your bold's pain. I have been doing a lot of the things, I used to do with the phone, on the playbook (BBM,email,ect). I still have to laugh when
    I am BBM'ing and I hear my phone dinging off in the distance as if to say remember when you would run to me when I made this sound.
    01-06-12 02:47 PM
    i have the same exact feeling.... Today i was looking on my 9930 and was just pondering to myself that my relationship with it will never be the same lol....It has been sidelined
    01-06-12 04:09 PM
    My poor 9900 has also been relegated to a calling and texting device. After that like Blackjack's it's just a slave to my PB. I feel the shame I even wait until my PB notifies me of an incoming call!
    01-06-12 04:10 PM
    Where is Freud when you need him? Oh Sigmund......Sigmund............
    01-06-12 04:11 PM
    Yes, I must admit, my 9650 is in the same boat with everyone else's smartphone that owns this damn.....PlayBook. I've been cheating since May and I no its wrong, but I just can't help myself . Its as though my 9650 is begging to be touched ......it happens only for phone calls or texts, It really should get out more
    01-06-12 04:19 PM
    If i was able to make a call with my PB, my Torch would be just there as paperweight.
    01-06-12 04:44 PM
    Cheating? Not at all. I have my Torch 9850 and PlayBook locked together in congress with Bridge. We are a menage a trois....
    jafobabe and kenorian like this.
    01-06-12 06:54 PM
    I'm the same way, my 9930 and playbook is the sexiest combo. I feel bad using one more than the other haha but what one can't do the other can in many respects. Both operating the newest and best of whats out there by beta or jailbreaking and couldn't be happier. Still feel aimited by RIM but with time things will iron out
    01-06-12 07:03 PM
    I had a 9700 when I first got my playbook, and yes, I'm sure it felt a little jilted. All of a sudden, it was only being used to take and make calls. Since then, I have upgraded to a 9930 and am totally in love with its awesomeness. So now I have to spread the love between my two babies.
    01-06-12 07:06 PM
    I had to caress my iPhone 4S a while ago after reading this thread. As much as I think it's one of the coolest phones I've owned (second only to my beloved Curve 8330, of course), I realized she's playing second fiddle to my PB, and I thought that was just wrong. Anyway, the iPhone goes everywhere my PB goes, so that's atleast something.
    01-06-12 07:18 PM
    Where is Freud when you need him? Oh Sigmund......Sigmund............
    I am certain Sigmund would somehow relate this behaviour with sex relationships, your desire for your mother, and the antagonism between you and your father for the affections of your mother. Or something equally twisted.

Disclaimer: The use of the term 'your' is not directed at a specific person other than those with guilty feelings about their relationship with their BlackBerry tablet to the detriment of their relationship with their BlackBerry smartphone.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    01-06-12 07:29 PM
    I don't play favorites, I use both; whichever one is most convenient for whatever I am wanting to do or wherever I'm at. The cool thing, especially with the bridge, they're both awesome, they're a team. I love being able to pick up either one and continue wherever I left off with the other, whether doing email, BBM, reading a book, working on a doc, etc.
    01-06-12 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD